Penn State Hires Stubblefield

Advertisement
Advertisement
Nobody was really on daz hard except miami and he didn’t recruit restrepo. They could have and would have still got redding and daz without stubblefield.

Oh ok, so you’re basing it on conjecture? You guys crack me up with the we would have gotten so and so no matter who was coach when there has been countless “Cane locks” that we def didn’t get regardless of the coach.

I wonder if he is interviewing other places, to. I thought it was odd he was going to Michigan to see a RB.... Maybe he took a detour to PA.

Nobody was really on daz hard except miami and he didn’t recruit restrepo. They could have and would have still got redding and daz without stubblefield.
That’s the thing these guys don’t get. UM will always sign some good skill guys. The sign of a top level recruiter is the guy who wins battles for sought after guys against other marquee programs.

Advertisement
Who’s producing a lot in the system we just had the last 2 years? Like come on

We have a bunch of midgets at WR who can’t get off press coverage. Is that the coaches fault? The talent just isn’t there. Y’all need to take your orange and green shades off and be real with what we got at WR.

I don’t give a **** about Stubbs but the big problem is, we had one WR with NFL talent and he quit halfway through the year (Thomas)

I’m good either way, whether he stays or goes but to the people who constantly harp on his recruiting, what are you basing your criticisms on? His previous jobs? Because a haul of Redding and Daz(2 4 stars chose for AA games) and Restrepo(who pretty much everyone likes) seems like a strong haul for year 1 and nothing I saw out of the WRs this past season suggests he can’t coach the position.

All I can guess is the people who don’t like him, are the same ones who criticized the hire originally and are sticking to their position. I don’t really care how hip he is on Twitter and the notion that he’s looked at negatively in the local community has been backed up with zero evidence so idk. Just saying, be careful what you wish for. We could def do worse than Stubbs.

Thank you sir for this rational post, stubbs definitely is not the weak link, our receivers route running were starting to look different, the receiver blocking stayed consistent with no receiver holding penalties i could think of, but also what coach stubbs did, which was more important than anything was restore order to that widereceiver room and narrowed the rotation down and forced guys to understand, you not getting on that field unless you can be trusted. They days of handing out 3rd and 4th place trophies came to a stand still, it was either ball out, or upgrade your cheer leading skills, im good with coach stubbs as the receivers coach, i think its on lashlee now on who he thinks fits his offense best as the receivers coach.

I like stubbs being in the fold myself, he's certified, no matter who you are, if you being coached by the all time leader in receptions at one point in college football, you gone respect em, the 3 receivers stubbs went out and got seem to be guys after his own heart, 2 for sure are real competitive and hardworkers in redding and restrepo, and daz coming back from the surgeries he had to ball out, indicates the same. Coach stubbs went out and got dawgs like himself at wideout, him like coach ****inson and like coach stroud have already proven their worth. Hopefully he stays and gets the security and trust he deserves, it would be good to see him coaching the receivers in a more open offense, plus coaching continuity is important, the sooner we can stop this merry-go-round in coaching, the more confident recruits will be in coming here. To much coaching movement creates instability!

tenor (64).gif

Advertisement
We have a bunch of midgets at WR who can’t get off press coverage. Is that the coaches fault? The talent just isn’t there. Y’all need to take your orange and green shades off and be real with what we got at WR.

I don’t give a **** about Stubbs but the big problem is, we had one WR with NFL talent and he quit halfway through the year (Thomas)
I think all the WRs outside of KJ gave up when they realized the QBs couldn't see them when they were open. They were running open early in the season, but it just didn't matter.

Oh ok, so you’re basing it on conjecture? You guys crack me up with the we would have gotten so and so no matter who was coach when there has been countless “Cane locks” that we def didn’t get regardless of the coach.
Them dudes didn’t even care that stubblefield could potentially be fired. **** daz even said he felt enos should’ve been fired.

Advertisement
Someone has to want Rumph right...Without that coaching acumen and talent development skills all his apologists say is top notch.

Advertisement
Back