Penn State Hires Stubblefield

Advertisement
Advertisement
Why would we tell him to look around?

If we didn't want him, surely we'd have fired him?
If you are Manny, you really don’t want to be seen as firing your staff after 1 season. Enos was publicly fired but that’s it. Much better look to work with some other guys to find other landing spots than look like you are just scapegoating everybody else.

Advertisement
I’m good either way, whether he stays or goes but to the people who constantly harp on his recruiting, what are you basing your criticisms on? His previous jobs? Because a haul of Redding and Daz(2 4 stars chose for AA games) and Restrepo(who pretty much everyone likes) seems like a strong haul for year 1 and nothing I saw out of the WRs this past season suggests he can’t coach the position.

All I can guess is the people who don’t like him, are the same ones who criticized the hire originally and are sticking to their position. I don’t really care how hip he is on Twitter and the notion that he’s looked at negatively in the local community has been backed up with zero evidence so idk. Just saying, be careful what you wish for. We could def do worse than Stubbs.

Picking up real steam, I think he goes if they offer him the position. It doesn't mean anything if Manny/Rhett doesn't take advantage of the opportunity and get a real savage on the trail in here to replace him though.

probably hire a local high school coach that has Miami ties hahaa

Advertisement
If you are Manny, you really don’t want to be seen as firing your staff after 1 season. Enos was publicly fired but that’s it. Much better look to work with some other guys to find other landing spots than look like you are just scapegoating everybody else.
If you've fired your OC, why would you hesitate to fire your WR coach?

Advertisement
If you've fired your OC, why would you hesitate to fire your WR coach?
It’s not that he isn’t firing him, but it’s not a great look to publicly embarrass everybody. Was Barry publicly fired?

Manny screwed up his initial staff badly. It looks like he is trying to fix it quietly without looking like everybody but him is scapegoated. It’s a good idea.

I’m good either way, whether he stays or goes but to the people who constantly harp on his recruiting, what are you basing your criticisms on? His previous jobs? Because a haul of Redding and Daz(2 4 stars chose for AA games) and Restrepo(who pretty much everyone likes) seems like a strong haul for year 1 and nothing I saw out of the WRs this past season suggests he can’t coach the position.

All I can guess is the people who don’t like him, are the same ones who criticized the hire originally and are sticking to their position. I don’t really care how hip he is on Twitter and the notion that he’s looked at negatively in the local community has been backed up with zero evidence so idk. Just saying, be careful what you wish for. We could def do worse than Stubbs.
Nobody was really on daz hard except miami and he didn’t recruit restrepo. They could have and would have still got redding and daz without stubblefield.

Agent-Smith-Evil-Laugh.gif

Advertisement
Back