2023 Payton Kirkland offered

Lets not forget that 11-2 last year included a horse at RB. Remember how some thought we were 3-4 plays way from 10 wins. Well Michigan St was 3-4 plays away from 7 wins if you play that card. And their bowl game was Walker-less MSU vs Pickett-less Pitt.

MSU and Louisville seem to be the hot names right now but they better be dropping big NIL deals because both are staring down the barrel of 7-7/8-5 type seasons

Last edited:
Advertisement
Lets not forget that 11-2 last year included a horse at RB. Remember how some though we were 3-4 plays way from 10 wins. Well Michigan St was 3-4 plays away from 7 wins if you play that card. And there bowl game was Walker-less MSU vs Pickett-less Pitt.

MSU and Louisville seem to be the hot names right now but they better be dropping big NIL deals because both are staring down the barrel of 7-7/8-5 type seasons

Michigan State was a dropped Mallory pass from losing to Manny Diaz

Michigan State almost lost to a Pitt team down to their 3rd string QB and needed like 8 4th down conversions to win

#TrumpyCaneThoughts

I think he ends up at bama. Hopefully over the dead period the staff can take a look at Rod Kearney From Jacksonville.

Gaby just spoke with Kirkland as he ended his OV. He said he believes Kirkland ends up at Mich State. He said the staff did everything and Kirkland genuinely seemed to enjoy himself. But the vibe he is getting is Big 10 Mich State.

I read somewhere he said that was his mother's favorite....
I read somewhere that LSU was his moms favorite.

Advertisement
DA950B6B-1C74-4647-BA48-D523A81B10C8.jpeg

I’ve mentioned on here several times that MSU was a real threat because of his mom’s love for MSU. And it looks real.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I REALLY miss the days where you didnt even care or speak about recruiting until Sept at the earliest. Its too early for us to be this invested but **** thats just the way it is now I guess. I cant use the "Guys calm down, its WAY too early to panic. We got 6 months to go!" schtick for every **** recruit. LOL. Smh.

Yeah, as soon as I started hearing that Mel and the mom have a strong connection a week or so ago, I knew it was a wrap. Bummer b/c we need big kids like him.
Since very few AA get Coordinator jobs never alone Head Coach jobs, I have to support top talent choosing to support a Black HC. I mean see it from my side, we play our hearts out, coach positions and recruit, yet we rarely get the OC/DC jobs that lead to being an HC. Also, we have a discomfort by university leadership and donors with AA leadership, sad, but we know it's true. That's probably his mother's feeling and I wouldn't be surprised if Mel was matter of fact with her. Although we are an exception to the fact, AA OC, Cuban HC, multiple AA Assistants and high-level staff members, some AA have strong feelings on the subject. If ****** guys composed 75% of the top caliber talent, do you believe we wouldn't see more ****** HC and player support? America is what it is and we should all understand a peoples feeling on these subjects. FYI, I still hope we get him :)

Advertisement
Advertisement
When do we start becoming concerned about our OL recruiting? The bar is higher here given Mario and Mirabel’s specialty. Their evaluation game is going to need to be on point
I’d say soon… the way the board is shaping up it doesn’t look as amazing as first believed

Disappointing but I’m sure the negative recruiting going is making a lot of kids go into wait and see mode… maybe some double back during the season

Hes got tiny hands compared to his body.

Reminds me of the burger King commercials back in the day lol
Dam! only one type of person looks at the size of a male hand. By the way, this old man has huge gorilla hands. You go figure out the rest.

Advertisement
Back