Off-Topic Pause... Inside Joke, NE Hip-Hop Culture, Insensitive Slur, or Homoerotic Dry Snitching? CIS Decides it HERE!!

Ajcane8

Recruit
Pause! I hope the twins aren’t “working “ him behind the scenes
Sorry to de-rail the thread here for a minute, but I am genuinely curious about the whole "pause" thing.

What's the point? To show everyone here that you, yourself, have these homo-erotic thoughts and/or fantasies? Because, to be frank, as a heterosexual male, the possible existence of a Robby-Jaden-Bobby sandwich would have never even crossed my mind... until you brought it up.

Maybe it’s just me, but I get a real “the lady doth protest too much” vibe from it. Which is unfortunate - because there’s nothing wrong with being ***. Live your life bro. It’s 2022.

Advertisement
Sorry to de-rail the thread here for a minute, but I am genuinely curious about the whole "pause" thing.

What's the point? To show everyone here that you, yourself, have these homo-erotic thoughts and/or fantasies? Because, to be frank, as a heterosexual male, the possible existence of a Robby-Jaden-Bobby sandwich would have never even crossed my mind... until you brought it up.

Maybe it’s just me, but I get a real “the lady doth protest too much” vibe from it. Which is unfortunate - because there’s nothing wrong with being ***. Live your life bro. It’s 2022.
How old are you?

It's a joke scroll past, ignore it or turn your nose up either way its still funny to some.

I had the same take on it. I even asked a couple of poster (in PMs) to kindly tone down the "pause" jokes.

As it became more prevalent on here the last few weeks, I asked a couple of my LGBT friends about it and they each basically said it was just some immature **** kids have been running with for several months, but that they personally didn't give a fvck about it and weren't offended by its use (they view it as juvenile). And while I recognize the two people I asked about this aren't the end-all-be-all of what is respectful behavior in society (and there are likely probably people out there that this may actually offend), their assurances made me comfortable enough to just scroll past and leave it unaddressed.

My guess is eventually kids will get bored with it, some other new thing will take its place, and "pause" will be relegated to old dudes on the internet trying to sound cool. Like everything else, lol.

Advertisement
I had the same take on it. I even asked a couple of poster (in PMs) to kindly tone down the "pause" jokes.

As it became more prevalent on here the last few weeks, I asked a couple of my LGBT friends about it and they each basically said it was just some immature **** kids have been running with for several months, but that they personally didn't give a fvck about it and weren't offended by its use (they view it as juvenile). And while I recognize the two people I asked about this aren't the end-all-be-all of what is respectful behavior in society (and there are likely probably people out there that this may actually offend), their assurances made me comfortable enough to just scroll past and leave it unaddressed.

My guess is eventually kids will get bored with it, some other new thing will take its place, and "pause" will be relegated to old dudes on the internet trying to sound cool. Like everything else, lol.
Understood. Thanks for the explanation. I figured as much. I will also scroll past from now on.

Easy with the old talk 😂

“Pause” originated from hip hop slang/culture. Northeast US - New York and Philadelphia area specifically. It’s at least 10 years old and replaced the phrase “no homo” which was said after a presumably straight person said something that could be perceived as “***”. Like anything the term eventually made it’s way into the mainstream via the internet and social media.

Advertisement

LMFAO

If ur “sorry “ to derail the thread then don’t derail it! It’s an inside joke for me & the guys who “UNDERSTAND” it. U don’t like it den skip over it! Let us live dawg

Pretty sad that you're trying to create 'cliques' on a message board
A50721C9-4BBF-4CEF-BBD3-6A3715BD6676.gif

618A6612-F000-4EDB-8EEA-5554BF3A5FA8.gif

Advertisement
If ur “sorry “ to derail the thread then don’t derail it! It’s an inside joke for me & the guys who “UNDERSTAND” it. U don’t like it den skip over it! Let us live dawg
We understand the joke. You don't seem to understand that jokes stop being funny at some point, and it was never really that funny to begin with. "Pause" is just another form of "that's what she said" which we've all heard 100k times.

On the other hand, the showdown is relatively new. @PIPO does this qualify?

Last edited:
Advertisement
We understand the joke. You don't seem to understand that jokes stop being funny at some point, and it was never really that funny to begin with. "Pause" is just another form of "that's what she said" which we've all heard 100k times.

On the other hand, the showdown is relatively new. @PIPO does this qualify?
Man if u don’t move to the side & leave me alone! Skip ova what I say & mute me

Advertisement
Back