Paul Djobet is officially a Cane! 🖊️

FWIW, the recruiting services... don't exactly like this kid, to the point that this kinda feels like Jovanovich 2.0. That's fine, I have no problem with them taking a flier on a guy, but something tells me we're not gonna be seeing him on the court anytime soon.
The recruiting services don’t know as much as they think. I’m not saying this kid is a sure fire stud, but you can tell there are tools there. This kid needs to gain weight, and also grow into his body a bit more and he can be a player a couple of years from now. Kids that can get buckets at that size, they understand how to make winning plays don’t grow on trees.

The scouting services are overly enamored with athleticism, they don’t know how to grade hoopers. If a kid like Jokic came about, they would call him a scrub, because he doesn’t jump off the page athletically. If there’s anything the last 4-5 years has taught us is that basketball players are unique, if you can see and feel the game, you will do well, even if you aren’t hyper athletic. This kid has potential, but he is a bit of a project.

Advertisement
I just want to know if @jkdood aka The Dood approves of this pickup.

IaDs8YMx.gif

Having size for the sake of it is stupid. L wants athletic size, he wants to have multiple guys provide length. Amazing how even after an elite 8 and FF run, fans still run around whining like the dude doesn’t know what he is doing. Let the guy cook.

Come on, man.

I was at the Final Four, I can definitely say that I wish we had at least one more big man without it being "whining".

And I'd like to see us sign a big man soon. And, yes, not some big lug like Greg Kite or something, but an "athletic" big man.

Advertisement
The recruiting services don’t know as much as they think. I’m not saying this kid is a sure fire stud, but you can tell there are tools there. This kid needs to gain weight, and also grow into his body a bit more and he can be a player a couple of years from now. Kids that can get buckets at that size, they understand how to make winning plays don’t grow on trees.

The scouting services are overly enamored with athleticism, they don’t know how to grade hoopers. If a kid like Jokic came about, they would call him a scrub, because he doesn’t jump off the page athletically. If there’s anything the last 4-5 years has taught us is that basketball players are unique, if you can see and feel the game, you will do well, even if you aren’t hyper athletic. This kid has potential, but he is a bit of a project.
i aint gon lie in that highlight clip..he is like 6'5-6'6 and barely could dunk. He aint springy at all...seems crafty with the ball and likely can hit a 3 with space...not sure if he can create space like that in ACC...but good to have another 6'6 guy out there maybe he cna become like a Beverley?.

i aint gon lie in that highlight clip..he is like 6'5-6'6 and barely could dunk. He aint springy at all...seems crafty with the ball and likely can hit a 3 with space...not sure if he can create space like that in ACC...but good to have another 6'6 guy out there maybe he cna become like a Beverley?.
Crafty with the ball, can hit a three in space, has solid handle and length. Dude gets in a weight room, that explosion may happen as he fills out. That said, what he can do, are things that teams are looking for.

Again, look beyond buzz words like springy, and examine the player. From the film I saw, dude understands the game, understands how to use his body to create buckets.

I’d be shocked if he ever played here. If he does, my guess would be we suck.

Doesn't have elite athleticism but he's athletic enough. Not athletic in terms of explosiveness or bounce, but he's long and can slide his feet. And at about 6'7" that's a good start. Will need to add some muscle, but he's got some tools to work with. A good scorer from all 3 levels and as I said in an earlier post, when he's got his shot going he's one of the better scorers in the entire state.

Not sure how you got to that conclusion, but who knows. You may be right. You may not. As Canes fans, let's hope you're wrong and we don't suck and he develops into a future NBA 1st rounder. GO CANES!!!

Advertisement
Crafty with the ball, can hit a three in space, has solid handle and length. Dude gets in a weight room, that explosion may happen as he fills out. That said, what he can do, are things that teams are looking for.

Again, look beyond buzz words like springy, and examine the player. From the film I saw, dude understands the game, understands how to use his body to create buckets.
He does everything you want your perimeter guys to do, which is dribble, pass & shoot. And he does it well. I too like his game. To me, his physical development will determine how quickly he becomes a contributor. I hope I'm wrong but I think he's going to need a full year to build up his body for the college game.

FWIW, the recruiting services... don't exactly like this kid, to the point that this kinda feels like Jovanovich 2.0. That's fine, I have no problem with them taking a flier on a guy, but something tells me we're not gonna be seeing him on the court anytime soon.
Its a credit to how far we've come as a program. The kids has some ability.

You can never tell though. He and/or George could surprise and be ACC ready right now.

Advertisement
Amazing how many people talk without knowing anything. Dude has shown the ability to shoot, despite not being a plus athlete. Worst case scenario, he’s a 3 and D guy. You can win with those guys, it’s tough to win with plus athletes that are pretending to play basketball. I’d rather have this kind of skill set over Anthony Walker types, dudes that can’t play but can do one thing that ultimately doesn’t matter(Dunk).

Having good touch and a 7ft wing span gives him a high floor. If he fills out a bit physically and is patient for a year or two, I think he contributes.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back