Patrick Payton

Status
Not open for further replies.
We did that with King last year...

king was in the portal by like game 3 of the season. Cribby is talking about a kid who is clearly in a team and playing the full season who is then going to bounce and quit on their team as soon as the season is over and this kid has already told miami he is coming?

It will be interesting to see if it happens. If the kid wants to be at Miami so bad why hasn’t he already hit the portal? Must be a starter for a team and logging snaps

Advertisement
king was in the portal by like game 3 of the season. Cribby is talking about a kid who is clearly in a team and playing the full season who is then going to bounce and quit on their team as soon as the season is over and this kid has already told miami he is coming?

It will be interesting to see if it happens. If the kid wants to be at Miami so bad why hasn’t he already hit the portal? Must be a starter for a team and logging snaps
King wasn’t in the portal until the night of the CFP title. He sat out until then and the plan was to return to Houston.

These dudes NEVER close on the big name la

90% of kids that hit the portal know their destination or who’s interested. All of them!! Also their coaches normally know or at least have an idea they’re bouncing.

This is a business decision and you wouldn’t or at least shouldn’t quit your job without knowing you have one waiting on you. That’s just smart.

There’s guys on every roster that’s reached out just to gauge interest , Miami included.

Advertisement
Ivins just CB'd him to FSU, 5 confidence. I will say, with 4 counters left, and only Garcia seeming like an obvious candidate to take a spot, HIGHLY surprising we're not putting the full-court press on Payton to take a remaining spot. Even if we have a transfer lined up at CB as Cribby has alluded to. would leave 2 spots open and.....who does the staff feel great about to the point we don't pursue Payton? McBurrows? Seems to be a stretch, but even that still leaves one spot open

Hoping the staff isn't getting played here

Advertisement
Ivins just CB'd him to FSU, 5 confidence. I will say, with 4 counters left, and only Garcia seeming like an obvious candidate to take a spot, HIGHLY surprising we're not putting the full-court press on Payton to take a remaining spot. Even if we have a transfer lined up at CB as Cribby has alluded to. would leave 2 spots open and.....who does the staff feel great about to the point we don't pursue Payton? McBurrows? Seems to be a stretch, but even that still leaves one spot open

Time will tell, but the staff believes they have shots with top guys @ this point.

If you believe some here we’re the ones playing the players.

Advertisement
Advertisement

Which leads me to believe

1- we are closing strong

2- if we miss on someone and we turn it up we can still get him

We will see.

Go are the women that fine and FAMU.. One of the few HBCUs I have never been too

Too fine and too easy.

I signed HBCU out o high school due to my recruiting trip and the caliber that was in Atlanta. So i know how the co eds could be of use lol.

The talent level at HBCU's were alittle bit higher in the early 2000s. My school disbanded freshman season, and a few of my teammates went on to start games at Ga Tech.

FSU recruiting will never FULLY bottom out....look this is a bad class for them and there is still a few guys i would take off their commit list..namely at cb. I dont think Norvell will recruit to that level to bring them all the way back...and with UF and UM back up it could be hard sailing. Getting guys like Payton would be big for them though..i would hope he goes elsewhere lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back