Patrick Payton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
5 star lb from USCw just entered the portal. Played at Gorman

I’ll take it.

It’s nice to not totally worry about recruiting with this staff. Payton committed to FSU ( i feel bad for him) we must have players we like better. I know people laugh at the watch the finish stuff but i’m encouraged

Guys if you think he’d rather go to Tallahassee than Miami please get your eyes checked.

We DO NOT have room for him right now. Otherwise he’d have committed here.
I wonder about his offer list if he's committing to Forfeit State University.

That's an absolute disaster of a programme right now. Looking at his offer sheet, assuming they're hard offers, there's about 5 places I'd go before FSU.

Seems like he’d prefer to stay in state. Not sure what other draw FSU has at this point. You’d also have to believe he’d flip Miami in a heartbeat. Hopefully he doesn’t sign in December and sees what’s available after that.

Webster's definition of idiot....
Well I wouldn’t go that far, but he could’ve committed to fsu at any time and just held out for the better offer. Their class sucks and they would’ve accepted his commitment at anytime. Really no reason to rush unless he’s hoping to Goad Miami into an offer by choosing the dumpster fire rival?

Advertisement
First Nebraska then FSU? Of all the major schools, those two might be the most questionable right now in all the NCAA under the circumstances.

First Nebraska then FSU? Of all the major schools, those two might be the most questionable right now in all the NCAA under the circumstances.

if miami had an idea on what the IC count im sure hed be a take. right now, w limited numbers he just duplicates what we brought in with ishmael. it sucks bc id love to add him, but we have an elite DE field next year too

Advertisement
jared leto lol GIF by Vidme

Seems like he’d prefer to stay in state. Not sure what other draw FSU has at this point. You’d also have to believe he’d flip Miami in a heartbeat. Hopefully he doesn’t sign in December and sees what’s available after that.
Dad is an FSU fan. Don't think he'd force his kid to go there or anything but I'm sure it makes him more open to it than most.

I would have taken him, even with one of the 4 counters left. Would have rolled the dice that more portal counters will be added later. ... Hope he doesn't sign early, so we can still take him in Feb if the NCAA does lift the caps.

Advertisement
Really liked the kid but he was a late riser and the boat is too crowded now. Wish they would hurry up with the IC fix.

Advertisement
Just named ACC defensive rookie of the year.

RS freshman
29 tackles
5TFL
4 sacks
3 passes defended
1 forced fumble
I'll take Kelly over him any day... 11 Tackles, 4.5 TFL, 4 sacks in way less plays.

Take away the Payton's game against our OL...
26 tackles
4 TFL
3 sacks
2 passes defended
0 forced fumble

He played inspired against us... something I wish our players did as well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back