Patrick Payton

Status
Not open for further replies.
As of this moment I just don’t see how they have a spot for Payton with the names being thrown around as legit possibilities and wanting a couple portal spots .The same reason why I get burns being dropped, even though there was multiple reasons with him.

The numbers are beyond tight.
Typical NCAA not having a stance yet on numbers

Advertisement
As of this moment I just don’t see how they have a spot for Payton with the names being thrown around as legit possibilities and wanting a couple portal spots .The same reason why I get burns being dropped, even though there was multiple reasons with him.

The names being thrown around? Garcia, T2, and McBurrows. Barber the OT, Maason Smith, and Hood. That’s the 6 names ahead of Payton?

breaking bad jeans GIF

Advertisement

OT @Cribby Did we ever have a shot with Robert Burns the DE that went to FSU. Does Payton remind you of him?

Absolutely hate the idea of not going after Payton given his potential, but I understand the situation. Really wish we could find a way to make room for him. We've got a few kids taking up roster spots who probably should be encouraged to leave.

Payton needs a developmental year, but I could see him taking off in 2022. Hate to miss out on that.

**** that sucks really wanted this kid in the class

Advertisement

I sure hope coaches aren’t falling for the banana in the tailpipe for some of these other kids.

Will be an interesting to see who they actually get additionally.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I know we have been burned in the past by having horrible kickers, but I really wish they could get creative and bring the kicker on as a preferred walk-on for a semester and then give him a scholarship later on. If you're on the football team as a preferred walk-on are you allowed to qualify for normal financial aid or not? With numbers this tight I don't see how you burn a scholarship on a kicker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back