Patrick Payton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats the thing. Kid looks like he gained weight ..i know height wise he is a legit 6'5-6'6 he looks like he is pushing 215-220. If they offer i wouldnt be mad...i would swap Savion Collins for him straight up. Him and Ishmael are a nice DE group.
I agree. We good this cycle with just Taylor and Haye inside. Edge rush is such a premium position

Advertisement
Thats the thing. Kid looks like he gained weight ..i know height wise he is a legit 6'5-6'6 he looks like he is pushing 215-220. If they offer i wouldnt be mad...i would swap Savion Collins for him straight up. Him and Ishmael are a nice DE group.
He's 215-220 and can add an easy 20lbs more I was yelling for this kid and with Davis moving to lb taking payton at de would be ideal and dropping collins to add a kid who wants to be here and plays with effort 24/7 sounds even better

He's 215-220 and can add an easy 20lbs more I was yelling for this kid and with Davis moving to lb taking payton at de would be ideal and dropping collins to add a kid who wants to be here and plays with effort 24/7 sounds even better

In most states a team can get away with dropping someone like Collins for a kid like Payton but this is South Florida. You guys know a lot better then i do when it comes to this stuff. But my question would be does that move hurt Miami with a coach that seems like he isn’t exactly a lover of the program. If the answer is no, then i would make that move in a second.

In most states a team can get away with dropping someone like Collins for a kid like Payton but this is South Florida. You guys know a lot better then i do when it comes to this stuff. But my question would be does that move hurt Miami with a coach that seems like he isn’t exactly a lover of the program. If the answer is no, then i would make that move in a second.
Not really collins has no big ties(that I know of) he went to a small school before palmetto and he isn't a popular player amongst the community and other players. Peyton isn't a big popular name either but his steps in colleges are attainable he needs the weight room and cafeteria collins is lack of effort

Advertisement
Not really collins has no big ties(that I know of) he went to a small school before palmetto and he isn't a popular player amongst the community and other players. Peyton isn't a big popular name either but his steps in colleges are attainable he needs the weight room and cafeteria collins is lack of effort

Payton looks like a typical south florida beast once his body adds muscle

Advertisement

If the coaches are confident they can bring the best out of collins and keep him in shape hes def a take. He had really good testing #s his junior year.
Screenshot_20201030-074732_Chrome.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
If the coaches are confident they can bring the best out of collins and keep him in shape hes def a take. He had really good testing #s his junior year.
Idk I'm not a big fan of kids with lack of effort his problem is in game effort I can deal with a kid who doesnt put in all the extra work off the field after practice but you better show up on gameday. We already have problems with that I wouldn't want to add someone who has that even more

I like this kids awareness. That tipped ball he almost picked? Dang that's a nice play. I wish our DEs would put their hands up.

Some really good hustle plays in there too. Kid appears to be the goods. Not sure about all the swap this guy for this guy, but we should grab a kid like this. His potential seems to be worth it.

Advertisement
Idk I'm not a big fan of kids with lack of effort his problem is in game effort I can deal with a kid who doesnt put in all the extra work off the field after practice but you better show up on gameday. We already have problems with that I wouldn't want to add someone who has that even more
That is the problem right there. Collins is much bigger and stronger than everyone he plays against in high school and he can get by on natural ability. When he gets to college and everyone will be just as big and just as strong and they also work harder than him. It’s a recipe for disaster and they should cut bait now!

We probably won't take Payton unless we straight up drop Collins for him. And I honestly don't think we will drop him (his family loves the U & he's been committed for 2 years)

We have 5 freshman/sophomore defensive ends, plus 2 DE/DT tweener types in Blissett & Roberts. And the 2022 class is LOADED in South Florida, we might take 3 or possibly even 4 DEs.

So the question may come down to does UM keep LB/DE Thomas Davis out of Lowdnes HS (Valdosta, Georgia) or take a rising 2021 OLB Patrick Payton who has the better length and brings the same level of athleticism.

Go Canes

Advertisement
So the question may come down to does UM keep LB/DE Thomas Davis out of Lowdnes HS (Valdosta, Georgia) or take a rising 2021 OLB Patrick Payton who has the better length and brings the same level of athleticism.

Go Canes
The only way Davis leaves the class is if UGA offers & he flips

Payton is # 11 in yellow (MNW) on defense.

A different angle of the game.

Go Canes

Last edited:
According to Ivins FSU is starting to glance at him and Miami will to. He beasted at the Central game.

Senior year 6'5 lanky DE with good speed at 205? Had he been at MNW his entire high school career he would be a high 48.

Go Canes
You Definitely want to keep Thomas Davis 👍🏾 if they pass The rule to able to obtain more eligibility because of the pandemic with numbers will be a great thing in recruiting 👍🏾

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back