Patrick Joyner

Advertisement
Interesting.
I hope this wasn’t out of left field for the kid and he is ok with the move. He is a natural pass rusher, obviously needs to fill out a ton more but not a bad move.

Advertisement
Its mostly what he played in highschool and we need depth. Should be a good 6th de for this year for sure.He had the size to be what trent Harris was for us if not better.

He probably wouldn’t have played much since there is a log jam at linebacker this year now making this move he will for sure be in the rotation if he shows he can play at this level.

Good move

Last edited:
Advertisement
Obvious move. We likely would have had 3 scholarship DE on the roster to begin spring practice in 2019 (excluding EE's). We badly needed another DE for depth purposes, at least.

Yup, would have loved a grad transfer at DE...And would love one even more for next year if we can't land a juco stud.

He wasn't going to see the field at LB this year and we need a 6th DE, so this is a no brainer move.

Obviously its a more natural position for him in the short-term too, as he primarily played off the edge with his hand in the ground in HS

the other thing is us playing with that striker position means for the most part we are only going to play with two true linebackers anyway..i am excited about this baller

Advertisement
Called it months ago when posters were complaining about lack of DE depth. He mostly played a DE type role in HS.

Advertisement
i love it. now we at least have 4 guys coming back at DE in spring if JJ bolts like we expect.

14 DL is a miracle considering Kuligowski's lazy recruiting

DE:

Djax sr
McCray sr
Patchan jr
Jackson jr
Garvin so
Rousseau fr
Joyner fr

DT:

Willis sr
Tito sr