Patrick Joyner=Portal

Advertisement
No disrespect, but some of you come off as if you didn't play sports. It's not easy to "look good" when you haven't played all year, and they just throw you out there in a meaningless game. Combine that with the fact you see dudes at linebacker playing that you think you are better than. As bad as he looked at DE, and looked pretty decent at backer.
Not the other night he didn't. He looked lost. I liked Joyner as a prospect and it sucks that injuries mostly derailed his development but some tweeners never find a home..

Good luck to him. 1st of several
pray rich homie quan GIF by Lil Dicky

Advertisement
It may have been a summer scrimmage. I don't know if it was open to the public, but I remember watching highlights and thinking he looked alright. He was fooled on play action a few times though

So you’ve come to the conclusion that he is a talented P5 backer from a few seconds of YouTube highlights from a closed scrimmage? You don’t have a agenda here or anything do you?

Advertisement
Not the other night he didn't. He looked lost. I liked Joyner as a prospect and it sucks that injuries mostly derailed his development but some tweeners never find a home..
The other night he played DE. To me Linebacker was his best position here

So you’ve come to the conclusion that he is a talented P5 backer from a few seconds of YouTube highlights from a closed scrimmage? You don’t have a agenda here or anything do you?
I've come to the conclusion that he was probably no worse than some of the others we kept trotting out at backer. Realistically best case scenario he should probably be 2nd string at backer, not 3rd sting DE. If you haven't seen him play at backer why are you arguing with me? You can trust the Coaches eval on linebackers I don't.

meh not anyone was really too crazy about him, short thread overall, more people were just happy we took someone FSU wanted. I am good with that. But as someone else said things change, **** in that thread @Canedog wasnt typing in phonetics

That just one of many threads of ppl praising the staff for flipping this guy. I actually got into an argument w/ a well respected poster on this site that was praising that we flipped “a four star” from FSU, and I had to correct him that this kid was a bonafide composite 3 star recruit.

But, our LB recruiting has been suspect for a while, which coincides to Diaz being one of the worst P5 recruiters in the nation prior to his promotion to HC. Ppl always be on Rumph, which they should, and have given a pass to Diaz when Rumph has been the better recruiter by a mile per 247 since 2016.

Advertisement
To think, Diaz fought tooth and nails to flip this kid. What a clown.

Advertisement
Rousseau was a 3 star player but he was not a tweener. He was 6’6” 225 and played DE his senior year of high school. He needed to gain weight but he was always going to play end here. Joyner was 6’2” 210 who played DE in high school but was recruited to play linebacker in college. Too small to play DE, not good enough in space to play LB
And Rousseau’s wing span is legendary

Joyner, Pope, Wiggins, Scaife, Ivey...what has happened to kids from south Miami-Dade?

Advertisement
Back