Parking email

Hearing the Green Lot passes were gone as of yesterday afternoon.

Also hearing but haven't confirmed that they released 60% of all the passes during this early purchase window. That the remaining 40% will be released in May. Take that with a grain of salt though as it would make ZERO sense. If you're going to have Hurricane Club donors feel like they're **** out of luck now and resigned to buying Orange passes and then magically Green and Blue become available next month then Rad deserves the **** storm headed his way.
Green were sold out before noon yesterday, I usually get Orange but I don’t take the turnpike so went with Blue.

Advertisement
Green were sold out before noon yesterday, I usually get Orange but I don’t take the turnpike so went with Blue.
So I’ve only ever parked in orange and yellow. Is my best bet for blue lot coming in off 95 to Ives Dairy?

Hearing the Green Lot passes were gone as of yesterday afternoon.

Also hearing but haven't confirmed that they released 60% of all the passes during this early purchase window. That the remaining 40% will be released in May. Take that with a grain of salt though as it would make ZERO sense. If you're going to have Hurricane Club donors feel like they're **** out of luck now and resigned to buying Orange passes and then magically Green and Blue become available next month then Rad deserves the **** storm headed his way.
Yea the people I usually tailgate with when it was there time today the green was sold out and they have had green longer than I have.

Advertisement
Yea the people I usually tailgate with when it was there time today the green was sold out and they have had green longer than I have.

You know, it's sad. I have A LOT of issues with the Athletic Department. But asking for a MODEST charitable donation is not something I have a problem with.

First, compare UM to every other P5 college out there, we are one of the most affordable options when it comes to parking proximity. I cannot tell you how far I had to walk at Clemson (actually I can, it was about 2 miles), as the lot that was open to rival fans (as well as Clemson non-donors) did not offer shuttle service AFTER the game (aTm had post-game shuttles, Clemson did not).

Second, UM has no control over what Stephen Ross is doing to that once-magnificent parking lot. That ******* just needs to build a parking garage on the other side of 199th and be done with it, but noooo...he keeps chipping away with the tennis center, and the Dolphins practice facility, and the F1 track and paddocks.

So what are our options with fewer and fewer spots available? I'm sorry for anyone who lost out, but there was plenty of time to donate a few bucks to guarantee priority. THIS ONE...is not UM's fault.

You know, it's sad. I have A LOT of issues with the Athletic Department. But asking for a MODEST charitable donation is not something I have a problem with.

First, compare UM to every other P5 college out there, we are one of the most affordable options when it comes to parking proximity. I cannot tell you how far I had to walk at Clemson (actually I can, it was about 2 miles), as the lot that was open to rival fans (as well as Clemson non-donors) did not offer shuttle service AFTER the game (aTm had post-game shuttles, Clemson did not).

Second, UM has no control over what Stephen Ross is doing to that once-magnificent parking lot. That ******* just needs to build a parking garage on the other side of 199th and be done with it, but noooo...he keeps chipping away with the tennis center, and the Dolphins practice facility, and the F1 track and paddocks.

So what are our options with fewer and fewer spots available? I'm sorry for anyone who lost out, but there was plenty of time to donate a few bucks to guarantee priority. THIS ONE...is not UM's fault.
i dont have an issue with the donation, i just think there are better places to donate to that do more good for the world than UM personally. i donate to UM bc i went there and love the school. if people have only so much DI to spend on luxuries and choose to spend it on UM loyally over the years, i dont think its right they screwed them a bit. like you said though, there was enough time to move up your slot if you just kept donating (i think you had to go towards closer to 500 to get a good time compared to the tropical storm level or i could be wrong on that).

i also dont have an issue w ross trying to find ways to maximize his profits. as a person born and raised in miami, i love him working to keep tennis here and bringing in other sports that have a world wide audience (F1 and Tennis) which football doesnt. i do think there is enough parking overall with the yellow lots, but people want to be ultra picky w where they park so it is what it is. you want to move to interior, you pay up. i just wished they allowed those to keep their pass that they had if they were HC members when their time came up and then if they decline or miss it, you move that back into the pile. either way, it didnt affect me as blue was the only lot that works for me in terms of how i enter the stadium

i dont have an issue with the donation, i just think there are better places to donate to that do more good for the world than UM personally. i donate to UM bc i went there and love the school. if people have only so much DI to spend on luxuries and choose to spend it on UM loyally over the years, i dont think its right they screwed them a bit. like you said though, there was enough time to move up your slot if you just kept donating (i think you had to go towards closer to 500 to get a good time compared to the tropical storm level or i could be wrong on that).

i also dont have an issue w ross trying to find ways to maximize his profits. as a person born and raised in miami, i love him working to keep tennis here and bringing in other sports that have a world wide audience (F1 and Tennis) which football doesnt. i do think there is enough parking overall with the yellow lots, but people want to be ultra picky w where they park so it is what it is. you want to move to interior, you pay up. i just wished they allowed those to keep their pass that they had if they were HC members when their time came up and then if they decline or miss it, you move that back into the pile. either way, it didnt affect me as blue was the only lot that works for me in terms of how i enter the stadium

There are ways to "maximize profits" without destroying the original goose that has been laying golden eggs for decades. For instance, Ross could have put the tennis center and/or the Dolphins practice facility on the south side of 199th and built a parking garage in Yellow (since neither tennis nor F1 need the same kind of "tailgating space" that football needs).

At the end of the day, Dan was going to have to rip years worth of Stephen Ross/Beta Blake band-aids off AT SOME POINT. And I've always said that the Ticket Office communication/transparency is TERRIBLE. So, bad timing, sure. Bad communication, sure. But this was going to happen soon, if not this year, then next.

I Guess one problem was that no one knew how much you had to donate to have a good chance at green. I didn’t have a choice since my seats required a donation. So some people who gave and have had green for years still got the shaft.

Does anyone know if a person with an orange pass can go in the green gate when it’s oranges time to enter and then head to the green lot?

Advertisement
Finally bit the bullet and paid my $100 donation + $200 for orange. I have been Green Lot for over a decade...and it still ****es me off how they did everything this year...and Green was sold out obviously once they emailed me that I was eligible for buying parking.

They should have rolled this out over time.

My boy got our blue passes today, what a joke about the donation. Absolute clown show, they shouldn't have done that to the fans.
for returning STHers who kept renewing after a **** season, waiting till you actually deserved to upchsrge people would have been the better PR move but it is what it is. last year I made more money off my passes than I did off my tickets for the games I couldn't make

Advertisement
Finally bit the bullet and paid my $100 donation + $200 for orange. I have been Green Lot for over a decade...and it still ****es me off how they did everything this year...and Green was sold out obviously once they emailed me that I was eligible for buying parking.

They should have rolled this out over time.
They did it to get their boys preferential treatment over longtime fans. It's pretty simple get the rich dudes what they want n forget the little guy. 750 ain't sh@t to me but it's disgusting what they did to fans so I didn't pay it.

But it's not a donation. It's extortion. If you think about it, it's not a [forced] donation whatsoever. More like a fee. UM just says "donation" to make it sound a lot more palatable than what it is.

Advertisement
But it's not a donation. It's extortion. If you think about it, it's not a [forced] donation whatsoever. More like a fee. UM just says "donation" to make it sound a lot more palatable than what it is.

Stop the bull****. It's like this at 100 other universities. Land is not infinite. Parking is not infinite. Seriously. Clemson is a long-standing state university with a ton of land and I still had to walk over a mile between the parking lot and the stadium (and there were plenty of Clemson fans in that lot too). I had to park on the other side of I-75 and take a tunnel under the interstate to get to the GaTech game. I was probably parked 2 miles away from the stadium at aTm (though they had a shuttle bus that took over an hour after the game). Do you EVER go to any games that aren't at Hard Rock?

Extortion. Give me a break. It's a bunch of people who have NOT had to pay what every other P5 college football in the country has had to pay, and are now complaining about steps we have had to take because our landlord wants to use the parking lot land for other sports.

Seriously, go back and read this thread. We have people lauding Stephen Ross for bringing F1 and Tennis to a football parking lot, because he needs more money. These developments have been known FOR YEARS, and then we have fans clutching their pearls and acting shocked?

Yes, the communication and transparency should have been better. Yes, the timing couldn't be worse. But let's not fall into the self-delusion that we didn't know this day was coming. Or that we were going to continue to enjoy one of the most non-donation-dependent football gameday experiences in P5.

Then we have some dip**** who posted before you, who claims to have so much money, getting offended because of what they did "to the fans".

I understand the frustration. I don't understand the "shock" or "surprise" or "misplaced outrage" or the use of words like "extortion".

Look around. Feel grateful that we had it so cheap-and-easy for so long. Feel happy that we don't have to walk nearly as far to get to the stadium as many do. And then pay the money that you didn't have to pay for decades, and move forward with life.

And I'd be remiss if I didn't take a shot at all the hypocrites who have crapped on the "UM needs its own stadium" crowd for decades, while telling us what a palatial and perfect home "Hard Rock" is.

It's that time again. Does anyone know how the selection process will actually work with this new priority points system? Last year we had to donate to the Hurricane Club to buy the first wave. Any guess what level will need to be donated in order to get a green pass? What I really don't like is they are making you donate to at least the Category 2 level ($750) to "guarantee" interior parking. Does that mean even if you have more priority points than someone in the Category 2 level but this year only donate to Category 1 they will get to select before you? Are they giving selections based on which tier you are in (such as all category 3s select before any category 2s) or is it once you are at least category 2 then the deciding factor of when you select is priority points?

It's that time again. Does anyone know how the selection process will actually work with this new priority points system? Last year we had to donate to the Hurricane Club to buy the first wave. Any guess what level will need to be donated in order to get a green pass? What I really don't like is they are making you donate to at least the Category 2 level ($750) to "guarantee" interior parking. Does that mean even if you have more priority points than someone in the Category 2 level but this year only donate to Category 1 they will get to select before you? Are they giving selections based on which tier you are in (such as all category 3s select before any category 2s) or is it once you are at least category 2 then the deciding factor of when you select is priority points?
Everything from last season will repeat except the pressure for Hurricane Club donations will be exponentially increased as they'll now tie in access to UiF tickets with the parking deal.

Just my "educated" guess but if you're tossing them an extra $750 then you should have no problem getting interior parking up to at.least the Green Lot level and 2-4 UiF seats (if so desired).

Probably best to email the hurricane club. I tried to understand it and then decided the system is what it is. I believe there has always been some hierarchy for designated selection day and know I wasn’t high last year (2nd year season tickets, $250 yearly donation and club seats) but still had no problem getting green. Please let us know what you hear.

Advertisement
Back