Parker Braun - GT OL Grad Transfer

Advertisement
Giant gaping hole at LG gets wiped away by landing this guy, but he might shy away from here since we're the only team that plays GT.

Miami is playing catch up if he's searching out a top-tier football program. The move to Manny has things trending up, but Braun got a first-hand look when GT kicked our butts last fall. Believe this is a long-shot.

Not about winning for a guy like this. It’s about PT and showcasing his ability. He’s a lock to start here.

Advertisement
I’m not getting a real positive feeling about this guy.

He could’ve visited anywhere for the next weekend but he chose Texas. Just not feeling that his interest is that high in Miami.

If he wanted to visit here, he would visit here, and he would say he’s going to visit here. Period. Finito. End of story.

At this point they’re not even committing to making a visit. And as we all know, no visit, no commitment, no signing

Not about winning for a guy like this. It’s about PT and showcasing his ability. He’s a lock to start here.
[/QUOT

He's **** sure not worried about PT. He's a multi-year starter and all-conference player at Georgia Tech. No matter he lands, he's gonna start.

Advertisement
Eh, being a linemen at GT & being a linemen elsewhere are much different.

Yes it is. Again, he's going to start no matter if he goes to Florida, Texas, Ohio State or Savannah State. And he'd be a starter at Miami from Day 1.

Yes it is. Again, he's going to start no matter if he goes to Florida, Texas, Ohio State or Savannah State. And he'd be a starter at Miami from Day 1.

All I’m saying is he is a 100% lock starter here. No competition. But you’re prob right as well.

This kids experience has been diluted mainly due to scheme. He was successful at GT but only because of the scheme that they played with a triple option (more or less figuring out who you are blocking in presnap reads) I believe that he is trying to figure out where he will fit in on a normal offense and whether he will come in and start so that he can make it to the next level. Even though he played the same teams at GT, any new offense is a completely new ball game to him and he is trying to determine which one makes the most sense for him to compete on. Seems like a bright enough kid to go think things through and not rush a crucial decision. Hopefully he recognizes that his best opportunity is here and he comes to the U!

Advertisement
The kid is tough and talented enough that he'll start wherever he goes. If it was as simple as playing in a different scheme or "normal offense,'' he could just stay at GT as Paul Johnson has followed Mark Richt into retirement. Hopefully he'll find his way to Miami.

He could’ve visited anywhere for the next weekend but he chose Texas. Just not feeling that his interest is that high in Miami.

If he wanted to visit here, he would visit here, and he would say he’s going to visit here. Period. Finito. End of story.

At this point they’re not even committing to making a visit. And as we all know, no visit, no commitment, no signing

Agreed. He is probably not going to sign with us!

Miami is playing catch up if he's searching out a top-tier football program. The move to Manny has things trending up, but Braun got a first-hand look when GT kicked our butts last fall. Believe this is a long-shot.

We’ve spanked Gt over the last 15 years... he’s been on the winning end once.

Advertisement
How long until Braun has to make a decision?
How Fvcken hard is it to decide if you want to visit Miami or not? Doesn't sound like much interest to me. hope I'm wrong on that front. It just seems to me it shouldn't be that hard to decide if he wants to visit or not
I think they’re fishing for “better” offers in their mind. Doesn’t mean he won’t visit.

Also that UF quote, eeeesh.
They’re not “deciding” school started...he has to wait for spring break which would be around March. Put 2 and 2 together...

Or we contacted later than both...which we did.

Meaning we have to wait for him to schedule time again. The easiest time would be spring break which would be in March.

Advertisement
Back