Parker Braun - GT OL Grad Transfer

Rivals had an article on Canesport about him and his interest. Anybody willing to share?

Advertisement
This Braun kid sounds like he will be making his own decision based on which school gives him the best chance to get to the next level. He may choose UF just to see how he fares against SEC competition. At UM he would be facing the same teams he did at GT.

He may choose UM to prove he can pass block ,something he was rarely asked to do at GT. Whatever the reason, he doesn't sound like someone that will be influenced by the typical recruiting pitch. He knows what he specifically is looking for and that is where he will go.

That, and we have now a coach in place who has coached OL in the NFL in Barry. So hopefully that plays into Braun’s decision as well.

Advertisement
Talent was there but the sum was pretty average whether that was because the of the scheme, coaching or players not coming into their own until they got to the league it doesn’t really matter.

Offensive lines always look "average". It takes a really special offensive line, and a good scheme, to make an offensive line look better than average. OL and CB are the two positions - maybe LB, too - that get noticed much more when things are going poorly than when they are going well.

Advertisement
Offensive lines always look "average". It takes a really special offensive line, and a good scheme, to make an offensive line look better than average. OL and CB are the two positions - maybe LB, too - that get noticed much more when things are going poorly than when they are going well.
Yep. Antrel Rolle got a lot less motice than he should have at UM because opposing QBs avoided him like the plague.

You haven't made me budge one bit. You are the one that keeps back peddling and trying to change topics. Someone that spends 200k+ to get a degree in an over-saturated field(that has very high unemployment) has made a poor decision. The wise choice would be to go to a state school for 10k and get your degree. Getting an English degree is not mandatory to write a book. Look at how many writers do not have English degrees.

You are like a drug dealer. Peddling this BS that could ruin peoples lives. Some kid could read this thread and say. "You know what, tons of people go into debt and it means nothing. I do want to go and spend my life savings and take out a loan to go to Miami and get an English degree." Then 5 years later when his house is missing his rent payments because his barista job doesn't pay enough. He will wish he never read your little BS theory.

I am going to stop arguing with you about this because you clearly enjoy sending children to their doom and I refuse to continue partaking in this. I will leave the conclusion that we came too for any parents or children reading this thread so they don't need to browse through all your filth, deceit, and lies.

English degrees have one of the highest unemployment rates of any degree. There is a good chance that after spending 200+k on your degree that you will end up unemployed or working a minimum wage job. These type of jobs while having 200+k in student loans is a very dangerous predicament to be in. Even if you are one of the lucky ones to get a teaching job getting paid 40-50k a year with all those loans will have you living paycheck to paycheck. You are much better off going to a small public school and paying 10k a year on the degree so that you aren't in massive debt if you are unable to land a teaching job.

I agree with everything you’ve said except for Wall Street being the most genetically gifted people. That’s Silicon Valley, not Wall Street. But go about your way.

I agree with everything you’ve said except for Wall Street being the most genetically gifted people. That’s Silicon Valley, not Wall Street. But go about your way.

I think Silicon Valley would be number 2, but I am sure you have plenty of legitimate reasons for thinking that Silicon Valley would be number 1.

Advertisement
English Lit Majors

Grant Tinker, Former CEO of NBC
Supreme Court Justice, Clarence Thomas
Mitt Romney, CEO of Bain and former governor of Massachusetts
Steven Spielberg
Barbara Walters
Ann Mulcahy, Former xerox CEO
Mario Cuomo, Former Mayor of New York

Some of the best Lawyers in the U.S. were literature majors.
Add me to the list.

He’s making his mind up next week. OSU and Texas.

Sounds like Rutgers OL Grad Transfer Jonah Jackson is feeling the heat from having GTech OL Grad Transfer Parker Braun also being in the transfer portal an both OSU and UT possibly having limited roster spaces so he needs to commit or lose his option to choose.

Go Canes

Advertisement
A little confused. First he states that he is looking for a good school so that he can get his masters from so when football is over he has it to fall back on. 1. Boy a Masters from GT sure trumps (Not Donald) a masters from UiF, or Texas. 2. If he is a good as this board says he is and OSU, UiF, Miami, Texas says he is, then the NFL will find him once he enters the draft. Something ain't right, unless he knows that he does not fit in the new scheme that GT will implement; and if that's true, how's he going to fit in our offense or UFs or UTs?

A little confused. First he states that he is looking for a good school so that he can get his masters from so when football is over he has it to fall back on. 1. Boy a Masters from GT sure trumps (Not Donald) a masters from UiF, or Texas. 2. If he is a good as this board says he is and OSU, UiF, Miami, Texas says he is, then the NFL will find him once he enters the draft. Something ain't right, unless he knows that he does not fit in the new scheme that GT will implement; and if that's true, how's he going to fit in our offense or UFs or UTs?
Or, maybe he doesn't like GT's team prospects going from the option to a completely new offense. It could be a rough year for GT. And, it might be a lot better for his draft stock if he got to play for a team with better prospects in 2019.

Just a thought.

Or, maybe he doesn't like GT's team prospects going from the option to a completely new offense. It could be a rough year for GT. And, it might be a lot better for his draft stock if he got to play for a team with better prospects in 2019.

Just a thought.
I'm just not feeling it with him.

Advertisement
Back