Parker Braun - GT OL Grad Transfer

I don't think he is ripping you, he is just trying to tell you what he has seen and what the future looks
I feel you man. I understand what he’s saying. It’s not like the backbone of his premise is particularly novel or demanding to grasp. I just think that the way he’s chosen to frame his argument (you know, the whole “imbecile/foolish/I should be ashamed/he’s basically a marvel superhero” thing) is vaguely amusing - which is why I keep pulling the strings on this particular marionette.

I’m truly Sorry to anyone that has been inconvenienced by my little game in their search for Parker Braun info.

Advertisement
I feel you man. I understand what he’s saying. It’s not like the backbone of his premise is particularly novel or demanding to grasp. I just think that the way he’s chosen to frame his argument (you know, the whole “imbecile/foolish/I should be ashamed/he’s basically a marvel superhero” thing) is vaguely amusing - which is why I keep pulling the strings on this particular marionette.

I’m truly Sorry to anyone that has been inconvenienced by my little game in their search for Parker Braun info.
It's all good here now lets hope we can get this kid.

Advertisement
So your opinion of who is smarter is more accurate than the transcripts? I may have to email a few of these school presidents and let them know that they are sending me fraudulent transcripts. I admitted some scientists are very smart. This is beyond obvious. Everyone knows this. However, they are no smarter than the top financial minds. You seem to value knowledge of science and history over the knowledge that we possess. You think that a guy that helps with scientific breakthroughs is smarter. This is not the case. Sure, if you took Ray Dalio and had him become a physicist he may not be that successful, but if you stuck Stephen Hawking on Wall Street he probably wouldn't be successful either. That is like saying because Lebron couldn't play in the MLB that he is not as good an athlete as David Ortiz.

I will assume you are intelligent in whatever field you are in and that it comes easy to you. Just like Physics comes easy to Hawking. This may be why you think these guys are so much smarter than you. Its because they are good at something you are bad at, but you are good in something they are bad at.

You also have A LOT more competition on Wall Street compared to being a scientist. Much more people grow up wanting to be extremely rich than people growing up wanting to win Nobel Prizes. Only a very small segment of the population actually has that goal. Which makes the genetic pool a lot smaller than the genetic pool of people trying to work on Wall Street.

Also, going to school with someone doesn't make you an expert on someones intelligence. Do you think these physicists are smarter because they spend their weekends hypothesizing and reading instead of going out like the finance students? That means absolutely nothing in terms of intelligence.

Yes, the next generation of Einsteins are smarter than the kids doing “complex” financial models.

GPAs aren’t everything. I know plenty of 4.0 morons.

Yes, the next generation of Einsteins are smarter than the kids doing “complex” financial models.

GPAs aren’t everything. I know plenty of 4.0 morons.

Of course they aren't everything. I never said getting a business degree is the hardest degree to get. It obviously is far from it. However, the guys that took those classes and made it onto the street are smarter than "the next generation of Einsteins".

It is just common sense that the most desirable jobs are going to lure the top minds. As stated before some geniuses enjoy their field so much that they decide to continue in that field regardless of income, however, that is the minority.

Of course they aren't everything. I never said getting a business degree is the hardest degree to get. It obviously is far from it. However, the guys that took those classes and made it onto the street are smarter than "the next generation of Einsteins".

It is just common sense that the most desirable jobs are going to lure the top minds. As stated before some geniuses enjoy their field so much that they decide to continue in that field regardless of income, however, that is the minority.

Alright dude. You’re so smart your smarter than Einstein!

Advertisement
Entered this thread for update, instead came across 20 something ****ing contest about meaningless stuff......anyway you doochebags hold off being doochebags between now and signing day? I mean, rent a room somewhere and jerk off to each other's resume elsewhere.
👆🏼👏🏼

Alright dude. You’re so smart your smarter than Einstein!

I never said I was. My original statement was Wall Street is more genetically gifted than any other segment of any field in the world. Einstein is one guy(who may or may not be smarter than a guy like Buffett). Since you seem to know so much about physicists what would be the physics equivalent of Wall Street? Would it be at the Stanford Physics center? Would it be at NASA? What is the equivalent? I honestly have no idea.

I never said I was. My original statement was Wall Street is more genetically gifted than any other segment of any field in the world. Einstein is one guy(who may or may not be smarter than a guy like Buffett). Since you seem to know so much about physicists what would be the physics equivalent of Wall Street? Would it be at the Stanford Physics center? Would it be at NASA? What is the equivalent? I honestly have no idea.

Private sector (big research laboratories, Lockheed Martin, Boeing, etc.), academia (top schools in the world, like Princeton, Harvard, MIT, Stanford, Oxford, etc), and government (NASA, NSA, etc).

You’re insane if you think the top “business majors” come up to even the nutsacks of the guys that graduate from schools like Princeton, Harvard, and Stanford in physics and math. Actually, I know one physics major at HYP that went into trading at GS and made a killing, but he was the only one in his department that went to WS and he admitted to being on the lowest quartile of his class in that department. One of his fellow physics majors got a Rhodes Scholarship and is making Einstein type of discoveries in propulsion that may earn him a Nobel prize one day.

Neither you nor your little fellow financial modelors can hold a candle to this next generation Einstein.

The sad part about all of this is that you know so little that you don’t know what you don’t know.

At the end of the day who is the smartest guy in the room only matters to the guy that thinks he is the smartest guy in the room. People care mostly about being happy, loved, healthy, and safe. People that get pleasure from making a ton of money tend to not be happy.

Private sector (big research laboratories, Lockheed Martin, Boeing, etc.), academia (top schools in the world, like Princeton, Harvard, MIT, Stanford, Oxford, etc), and government (NASA, NSA, etc).

You’re insane if you think the top “business majors” come up to even the nutsacks of the guys that graduate from schools like Princeton, Harvard, and Stanford in physics and math. Actually, I know one physics major at HYP that went into trading at GS and made a killing, but he was the only one in his department that went to WS and he admitted to being on the lowest quartile of his class in that department. One of his fellow physics majors got a Rhodes Scholarship and is making Einstein type of discoveries in propulsion that may earn him a Nobel prize one day.

Neither you nor your little fellow financial modelors can hold a candle to this next generation Einstein.

The sad part about all of this is that you know so little that you don’t know what you don’t know.

At the end of the day who is the smartest guy in the room only matters to the guy that thinks he is the smartest guy in the room. People care mostly about being happy, loved, healthy, and safe. People that get pleasure from making a ton of money tend to not be happy.

Ya.... Because I don't know what the scientific equivalent that means I know very little. Great point. It actually has to do with me not caring at all about things that don't affect me in the slightest. Soon we will be calling Prince grads stupid because they can't name all of the Miami HOFers.

Being a trader at GS is A LOT easier than getting a PE job. That is a fact. I know a ton of Goldman guys and most of them have hopes of making it into PE. Most will not.

All the anecdote about the physics major proves is that he chose the wrong major. He was not one of the dumbest kids in his class. He either didn't put the time in to studying or he just was not cut out for physics. Some people are born to be physicists(like Hawkings) and some people are born to be Financial guys(like your friend).

So you know a guy that may earn a Nobel prize. Interesting. I know a guy that made over 140 million last year in PE. If you go talk to the smartest HS seniors in the nation and told them. If you take this path you may win a Nobel prize, live in a 4,000 sqft house, and marry a 7. Or you take path 2 and may may 9 figures in 1 year, have multiple 20,000 sqft houses, own fleets of cars, bang dimes on the regular. Which path will you choose. The vast majority are going to pick the 2nd path. If you take 1,000 high IQ individuals and 100 go towards science and 900 go towards finance. Than obviously the top finance minds are more likely to be smarter than the science minds.

If they started bumping up the salaries of these scientists than more and more top minds would start gravitating towards science.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Ya.... Because I don't know what the scientific equivalent that means I know very little. Great point. It actually has to do with me not caring at all about things that don't affect me in the slightest. Soon we will be calling Prince grads stupid because they can't name all of the Miami HOFers.

Being a trader at GS is A LOT easier than getting a PE job. That is a fact. I know a ton of Goldman guys and most of them have hopes of making it into PE. Most will not.

All the anecdote about the physics major proves is that he chose the wrong major. He was not one of the dumbest kids in his class. He either didn't put the time in to studying or he just was not cut out for physics. Some people are born to be physicists(like Hawkings) and some people are born to be Financial guys(like your friend).

So you know a guy that may earn a Nobel prize. Interesting. I know a guy that made over 140 million last year in PE. If you go talk to the smartest HS seniors in the nation and told them. If you take this path you may win a Nobel prize, live in a 4,000 sqft house, and marry a 7. Or you take path 2 and may may 9 figures in 1 year, have multiple 20,000 sqft houses, own fleets of cars, bang dimes on the regular. Which path will you choose. The vast majority are going to pick the 2nd path. If you take 1,000 high IQ individuals and 100 go towards science and 900 go towards finance. Than obviously the top finance minds are more likely to be smarter than the science minds.

If they started bumping up the salaries of these scientists than more and more top minds would start gravitating towards science.
Jesus christ. Now I know this is all an Andy Kauffman/Joaquin Phoenix type bit. Marry a 7 or bang dimes - it really is that simple. I literally just lol’d.

Keep going Pinocchio.

Jesus christ. Now I know this is all an Andy Kauffman/Joaquin Phoenix type bit. Marry a 7 or bang dimes - it really is that simple. I literally just lol’d.

Keep going Pinocchio.

Pinocchio? LOL. Go back to your sugarmama and leave this discussion to the people with working brains.

Advertisement
Back