Parker Braun - GT OL Grad Transfer

That is totally different than what you were saying earlier with being an English major is a good idea. People may read that and think you are saying that it is a worthwhile investment. Not "you will be in massive debt and have a good chance of being unemployed, however, at least you enjoyed your time in college". Had you said that in the first place you would have gotten no argument from me, because you weren't deceiving anyone.
Whe
Guess what. The world is not fair. As much as you may wish it to be true some people are more gifted than others. That is why athletes make so much money. Do you think your average burger flipper is just as gifted as Ray Lewis?

You are delusional if you don't think Wall Street, as a whole, does not have more genetically gifted people than any other field in the world.

I am trying to help people on this board. I, UNLIKE YOU, do not want to post BS to make myself feel better.

This is what is wrong with this world. You would rather see tons of kids go into crippling debt by getting a degree in English and then spending the next 30 years of their lives working it off. Just so you can feel better about your English degree.

I on the other hand would rather admit that I made the wrong choice X amount of years ago to help other people not make the same mistake as me in the future.

Who am I preaching to? To all the posters on this site who have kids. I don't want to see people make the same mistake as tons of millennials who will be paying back student loans until they are 60 and living paycheck to paycheck until they die.
BINGO!!!! As I told my kids you have a 529 take advantage of it by going to a cheap school to get your degree and then learn a trade. My wife and I owe nothing including our properties, have no debt, and we don't use credit cards we buy everything in cash. Listen to Original he get it and his advice is golden.

Advertisement
Guess what. The world is not fair. As much as you may wish it to be true some people are more gifted than others. That is why athletes make so much money. Do you think your average burger flipper is just as gifted as Ray Lewis?

You are delusional if you don't think Wall Street, as a whole, does not have more genetically gifted people than any other field in the world.

I am trying to help people on this board. I, UNLIKE YOU, do not want to post BS to make myself feel better.

This is what is wrong with this world. You would rather see tons of kids go into crippling debt by getting a degree in English and then spending the next 30 years of their lives working it off. Just so you can feel better about your English degree.

I on the other hand would rather admit that I made the wrong choice X amount of years ago to help other people not make the same mistake as me in the future.

Who am I preaching to? To all the posters on this site who have kids. I don't want to see people make the same mistake as tons of millennials who will be paying back student loans until they are 60 and living paycheck to paycheck until they die.
This is factually correct.

Advertisement
Whe

BINGO!!!! As I told my kids you have a 529 take advantage of it by going to a cheap school to get your degree and then learn a trade. My wife and I owe nothing including our properties, have no debt, and we don't use credit cards we buy everything in cash. Listen to Original he get it and his advice is golden.

Let them know brother! I even brought up trade school in another post, earlier in the thread. It is 100x better than getting an English degree. It is a **** of a lot cheaper than a 4 year school. You graduate in a quarter of the time and can start working at the age of 19-20 making more money than any English teacher(not to mention the massive amount of overtime you can rack up). Plus you always have the option of starting up your own business and really start raking in the dough.

If the visit does happen then yes. The guy was at GT in the middle of metro Atlanta and is going to Austin to visit. Does he sound like a kid that really wants to be in a place like Gainesville?
🙏

Advertisement
That is totally different than what you were saying earlier with being an English major is a good idea. People may read that and think you are saying that it is a worthwhile investment. Not "you will be in massive debt and have a good chance of being unemployed, however, at least you enjoyed your time in college". Had you said that in the first place you would have gotten no argument from me, because you weren't deceiving anyone.

What? Seriously, try and make some sense on your next attempt. Where did I try to “deceive” someone. When did I say “having fun in college” is an acceptable trade off to “massive debt and being unemployed?” Nowhere. Those are your claims, not mine. So I’m gonna have to guess that’s just some more of your neuroses peeking out.

Newsflash - no one cares one iota about what either of us is saying! I’m just having a good time watching the puppet dance.

That said, the crux of your entire house of cards rests solely on how YOU define one word - worth. And, as I’ve already (correctly) noted, based upon your unfortunate tribulations you have an entirely warped sense of that simple term. Again, sad.

You know who thinks majoring in English is a “good idea” - someone that wants to write novels. You know who thinks majoring in English is a “worthwhile investment” - people that want to teach. Just because you and your genetically superior friends have decided that money = worth, doesn’t mean “most” people agree. Not everyone wants to be a hot shot, you know. Going back to your utterly ridiculous hypo about the Harvard guy that begs in the subway. Just off the top of your head, how many subway graduates do you think are journalists, police officers, principals, attorneys, airline pilots.................?

Your “argument” has gone through many permutations; so, at this point, I’m not entirely sure what your original thought was. But if it was something along the lines of “anyone that goes to a ‘tier 1’ university and gets an English/... degree is an imbecile” - it’s pretty clear that (as promised) I’ve moved you far off that ledge. Keep going, though. By this time tomorrow I’ll have you positively singing the praises of “worthless degrees.”

What? Seriously, try and make some sense on your next attempt. Where did I try to “deceive” someone. When did I say “having fun in college” is an acceptable trade off to “massive debt and being unemployed?” Nowhere. Those are your claims, not mine. So I’m gonna have to guess that’s just some more of your neuroses peeking out.

Newsflash - no one cares one iota about what either of us is saying! I’m just having a good time watching the puppet dance.

That said, the crux of your entire house of cards rests solely on how YOU define one word - worth. And, as I’ve already (correctly) noted, based upon your unfortunate tribulations you have an entirely warped sense of that simple term. Again, sad.

You know who thinks majoring in English is a “good idea” - someone that wants to write novels. You know who thinks majoring in English is a “worthwhile investment” - people that want to teach. Just because you and your genetically superior friends have decided that money = worth, doesn’t mean “most” people agree. Not everyone wants to be a hot shot, you know. Going back to your utterly ridiculous hypo about the Harvard guy that begs in the subway. Just off the top of your head, how many subway graduates do you think are journalists, police officers, principals, attorneys, airline pilots.................?

Your “argument” has gone through many permutations; so, at this point, I’m not entirely sure what your original thought was. But if it was something along the lines of “anyone that goes to a ‘tier 1’ university and gets an English/... degree is an imbecile” - it’s pretty clear that (as promised) I’ve moved you far off that ledge. Keep going, though. By this time tomorrow I’ll have you positively singing the praises of “worthless degrees.”

You haven't made me budge one bit. You are the one that keeps back peddling and trying to change topics. Someone that spends 200k+ to get a degree in an over-saturated field(that has very high unemployment) has made a poor decision. The wise choice would be to go to a state school for 10k and get your degree. Getting an English degree is not mandatory to write a book. Look at how many writers do not have English degrees.

You are like a drug dealer. Peddling this BS that could ruin peoples lives. Some kid could read this thread and say. "You know what, tons of people go into debt and it means nothing. I do want to go and spend my life savings and take out a loan to go to Miami and get an English degree." Then 5 years later when his house is missing his rent payments because his barista job doesn't pay enough. He will wish he never read your little BS theory.

I am going to stop arguing with you about this because you clearly enjoy sending children to their doom and I refuse to continue partaking in this. I will leave the conclusion that we came too for any parents or children reading this thread so they don't need to browse through all your filth, deceit, and lies.

English degrees have one of the highest unemployment rates of any degree. There is a good chance that after spending 200+k on your degree that you will end up unemployed or working a minimum wage job. These type of jobs while having 200+k in student loans is a very dangerous predicament to be in. Even if you are one of the lucky ones to get a teaching job getting paid 40-50k a year with all those loans will have you living paycheck to paycheck. You are much better off going to a small public school and paying 10k a year on the degree so that you aren't in massive debt if you are unable to land a teaching job.

You haven't made me budge one bit. You are the one that keeps back peddling and trying to change topics. Someone that spends 200k+ to get a degree in an over-saturated field(that has very high unemployment) has made a poor decision. The wise choice would be to go to a state school for 10k and get your degree. Getting an English degree is not mandatory to write a book. Look at how many writers do not have English degrees.

You are like a drug dealer. Peddling this BS that could ruin peoples lives. Some kid could read this thread and say. "You know what, tons of people go into debt and it means nothing. I do want to go and spend my life savings and take out a loan to go to Miami and get an English degree." Then 5 years later when his house is missing his rent payments because his barista job doesn't pay enough. He will wish he never read your little BS theory.

I am going to stop arguing with you about this because you clearly enjoy sending children to their doom and I refuse to continue partaking in this. I will leave the conclusion that we came too for any parents or children reading this thread so they don't need to browse through all your filth, deceit, and lies.

English degrees have one of the highest unemployment rates of any degree. There is a good chance that after spending 200+k on your degree that you will end up unemployed or working a minimum wage job. These type of jobs while having 200+k in student loans is a very dangerous predicament to be in. Even if you are one of the lucky ones to get a teaching job getting paid 40-50k a year with all those loans will have you living paycheck to paycheck. You are much better off going to a small public school and paying 10k a year on the degree so that you aren't in massive debt if you are unable to land a teaching job.

Getting a finance degree isn’t necessary to get rich playing the stock market. There is a good chance that after spending 200k on your finance degree you won’t end up on the street. See how that works? All of your arguments - one after the other - are base, vapid and dull.

Not saying it’s correct, but, similar to the way your job prioritizes HYP graduates that spent fortunes on their pieces of paper, don’t you think other fields do the same thing? Might it be a tad easier for someone with a tier 1 English degree to obtain one of those “precious few” teaching jobs than person y from state U? Perhaps it is a “worthwhile investment,” hmmmm?

And again - this version of your argument totally contradicts a different version (we are now arguing foolish, not worthless, correct?). There are plenty of people that do not go into crippling debt in order to get their “fancier” piece of paper - are they foolish too? Oh, yes, of course they are. Anyone that chooses not to be a “high earner” is an absolute fool, right?

But, sure. I’m the one poisoning young minds. Backpedaling? My first post said “if you think it’s impossible to be a high earner with a __ degree (whichever ones you think are worthless) you’re wrong.” That’s it. And that is a fact. Then you started calling people imbeciles and fools and proclaimed your peer group to be an elevated form of human. Gtfo man. And take your “I’m better than you because I have a lot of money” schtick with you.

Advertisement
Getting a finance degree isn’t necessary to get rich playing the stock market. There is a good chance that after spending 200k on your finance degree you won’t end up on the street. See how that works? All of your arguments - one after the other - are base, vapid and dull.

Not saying it’s correct, but, similar to the way your job prioritizes HYP graduates that spent fortunes on their pieces of paper, don’t you think other fields do the same thing? Might it be a tad easier for someone with a tier 1 English degree to obtain one of those “precious few” teaching jobs than person y from state U? Perhaps it is a “worthwhile investment,” hmmmm?

And again - this version of your argument totally contradicts a different version (we are now arguing foolish, not worthless, correct?). There are plenty of people that do not go into crippling debt in order to get their “fancier” piece of paper - are they foolish too? Oh, yes, of course they are. Anyone that chooses not to be a “high earner” is an absolute fool, right?

But, sure. I’m the one poisoning young minds. Backpedaling? My first post said “if you think it’s impossible to be a high earner with a __ degree (whichever ones you think are worthless) you’re wrong.” That’s it. And that is a fact. Then you started calling people imbeciles and fools and proclaimed your peer group to be an elevated form of human. Gtfo man. And take your “I’m better than you because I have a lot of money” schtick with you.

What a mature individual trying to bait me into getting back into the argument with more name calling.

It doesn't work like that. People that spend 200k on English degrees, their backup plan is starbucks. Finance degrees back up plans are still jobs that pay 40-50k a year with tons of room for growth.

Teaching jobs don't work like that. WS jobs literally have software that will filter out certain colleges. Yes Miami degree MIGHT be seen as slightly better than the random college. However, the savings of 160k will outweigh it. Also, you have no idea. The cheaper college may be a feeder college for certain HSs and you may actually have a better chance of getting a job from one of those schools.

Some people go into debt because they are deceived by people like you. They do something that they enjoy not realizing they will never get a job with that degree. Some people go into debt as an investment. They take out a loan to get a degree in order to try and land a high paying job.

But of course AJ thinks its great to go into debt and make no money. It is great living paycheck to paycheck and worrying were the rent payment is going to come from. We should all be broke and have massive debt to be happy like AJ.

You now the saying. "the only people that say money isn't everything are the people that have none".

I think you'll see this situation play out after signing day. Same with Phillips and Hill at DE. We have very few prospects left on the board but the 2 main ones are Bogle and Washington... regardless of us getting them or not I would guess we'll take a transfer at OL and DE. We're just not giving them any additional reasons to not sign here.

No way we lose our starting LT to graduation, the 2 guys that played LG, and your starting center (probably 4 of the top 6-7 guys) and only bring in 1 transfer, whichsolves losing your LT, and then bring in 3 or 4 guys that have no chance in playing next year or the year after if we're being honest. Gotta be 1 more transfer to bridge the gap to the other guys being ready. Could be Braun, if not, I'm sure there will be more names come up post spring.

What a mature individual trying to bait me into getting back into the argument with more name calling.

It doesn't work like that. People that spend 200k on English degrees, their backup plan is starbucks. Finance degrees back up plans are still jobs that pay 40-50k a year with tons of room for growth.

Teaching jobs don't work like that. WS jobs literally have software that will filter out certain colleges. Yes Miami degree MIGHT be seen as slightly better than the random college. However, the savings of 160k will outweigh it. Also, you have no idea. The cheaper college may be a feeder college for certain HSs and you may actually have a better chance of getting a job from one of those schools.

Some people go into debt because they are deceived by people like you. They do something that they enjoy not realizing they will never get a job with that degree. Some people go into debt as an investment. They take out a loan to get a degree in order to try and land a high paying job.

But of course AJ thinks its great to go into debt and make no money. It is great living paycheck to paycheck and worrying were the rent payment is going to come from. We should all be broke and have massive debt to be happy like AJ.

You now the saying. "the only people that say money isn't everything are the people that have none".

If the shoe fits...

At least you’ve finally learned to use “some” instead of “most” - my work here is done. Still got some work to do re: opinion vs. fact though. Maybe some other time.

Advertisement
Whe

My wife and I are leveraged to the hilt, have tons of debt, and would tell our kids to go wherever, just GTFO out the house. 😂

I don't think he is ripping you, he is just trying to tell you what he has seen and what the future looks
My wife and I are leveraged to the hilt, have tons of debt, and would tell our kids to go wherever, just GTFO out the house. 😂
Lmao

Advertisement
Back