Parker Braun - GT OL Grad Transfer

Advertisement
Man, tighten up. I made an inane joke about Gordon gecko and another about drowning that entire worthless borough (Brooklyn can stay, and make sure you put Katz on some pontoons), and... poof. Magic happens. If that —-^ is “bashing the street” I think you need to scale up a little bit. Beyond my two little jabs, I did call you “dense” once - truly sorry if that offended you.

Then you start claiming certain people are imbeciles, some degrees are worthless, my friends and I are big dummies and (my personal fave) letting loose your superiority-induced eugenics hypothesis... and I’m just off to the races - you know the saying about curiosity and cats.

Lol you didn't offend me. Again I am just stating this to help future students. I don't care if you mock me. Again, these degrees are worthless and you can mock me all day, but I won't change my stance on that. You are in the minority. Most educated people also think these degrees are worthless.

Lol you didn't offend me. Again I am just stating this to help future students. I don't care if you mock me. Again, these degrees are worthless and you can mock me all day, but I won't change my stance on that. You are in the minority. Most educated people also think these degrees are worthless.

Sure seems like you got offended (triggered? Maybe?) by my “bashing” of your precious WS - hence pages 12-18.

You’re so full of eminent wisdom, maybe you should write a book. You’ll reach a lot more of your target audience that way. I know a guy that’ll be happy ($$$) to edit it for you.

And, there you go again - framing bold claims as proven fact. You could’ve said “most guys on the street also think these degrees are worthless” and I might have had to entertain the notion. But, as written, just another one to put up on your hawtaek wall.

The ability to get the job in the first place is why I think they are smart. You need to have great grades from top schools, plus you need to have killed it at high level internships and do really well in the interview process. The job literally recruits from the top schools in the nation and only takes in the absolute top level performers.

Translation:

You need to be book smart (and have some clout). Some of the biggest morons I know attended Columbia.

Get into and graduate from an Ivy League institution (or other highly regarded academic institution). Again, some of the biggest morons I know graduated Columbia, Princeton, etc. They got in partly on their academics, but primarily on who they were.

Kick *** on your internship - lol, that aint hard to do. Millions of hungry kids in state schools will eat these silver spooners you adore alive. They will never get the chance, though. So, no point in discussing that any further.

Have a great interview, lol. Don't make me laugh anymore. My temples hurt.

There are millions of people in this country that can do as good a job, if not better than the folks you deem to be uber intelligent. Intelligence does not correlate with socio-economics, nor does it correlate with the grades one obtains. There are far too many factors and variables to get into why things are the way they are.

I am not impressed with the criteria you presented, at all. Sounds like a crock of ****, and is, in fact, a crock of ****.

Advertisement
This is true, but I still would not say a PE guy is a salesman. Otherwise you can say that about almost any job. A lawyer is a salesman because he needs to sell himself to the client.

To make a lot of money you need to know how to sell. That might not be your primary line of work, but we are all salesmen, no matter what we do.

Just one quick thing. I graduated from HYP. I can tell you that the most brilliant minds did not go to Wall Street. The most brilliant minds are doing special things and are focused on creating new products or making breakthroughs in science, not trying to figure out how to make as much money as possible in the shortest period possible. The company flipping model is all about taking advantage of inefficiencies in the market, not creating anything new or special. It is a glorified real estate agent with good training and an amazing work ethic. The work itself is easy. Sorry.

I would put the average HYP "Wall Streeter" in the 60th to 80th percentile range. Above average, but nothing special. The brains of my class are doing more important things in medicine, science, government, and academia. And many of the most brilliant people I know studied history, and could have run circles around my Wall Street front-office colleagues if they had chosen to do that.

Sure seems like you got offended (triggered? Maybe?) by my “bashing” of your precious WS - hence pages 12-18.

You’re so full of eminent wisdom, maybe you should write a book. You’ll reach a lot more of your target audience that way. I know a guy that’ll be happy ($$$) to edit it for you.

And, there you go again - framing bold claims as proven fact. You could’ve said “most guys on the street also think these degrees are worthless” and I might have had to entertain the notion. But, as written, just another one to put up on your hawtaek wall.

No, I just don't want it to be on my conscience that some kid may read this post and end up wasting his time and money getting a worthless degree. That should be on your conscience forever. That because of your hard headedness kids may ruin their lives because of you. If you can live with that. Then you are more evil than anyone on WS. I am not just talking about WS workers. I am talking about educated people in general. Most educated people would agree me with, that those degrees are absolutely worthless.

I hope your kids end up being history and English majors. Actually, scratch that. I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.

To make a lot of money you need to know how to sell. That might not be your primary line of work, but we are all salesmen, no matter what we do.

Just one quick thing. I graduated from HYP. I can tell you that the most brilliant minds did not go to Wall Street. The most brilliant minds are doing special things and are focused on creating new products or making breakthroughs in science, not trying to figure out how to make as much money as possible in the shortest period possible. The company flipping model is all about taking advantage of inefficiencies in the market, not creating anything new or special. It is a glorified real estate agent with good training and an amazing work ethic. The work itself is easy. Sorry.

I would put the average HYP "Wall Streeter" in the 60th to 80th percentile range. Above average, but nothing special. The brains of my class are doing more important things in medicine, science, government, and academia. And many of the most brilliant people I know studied history, and could have run circles around my Wall Street front-office colleagues if they had chosen to do that.

Ya...that is straight up BS. You are talking to someone that actually gets to see all of these kids transcripts. I know exactly what percentile these kids fall into. I will say it again. I did not say the entire 1% of the HYP elite are working on the street. I know top guys work in other fields. However, my point still stands. That the guys on Wall Street have, on average, are more gifted than any segment of any other field.

That is also BS about the most brilliant minds try and do something that "matters". Some will, but the majority of highly intelligent individuals are trying to find the most effective way to get as rich and powerful as possible.

Advertisement
Translation:

You need to be book smart (and have some clout). Some of the biggest morons I know attended Columbia.

Get into and graduate from an Ivy League institution (or other highly regarded academic institution). Again, some of the biggest morons I know graduated Columbia, Princeton, etc. They got in partly on their academics, but primarily on who they were.

Kick *** on your internship - lol, that aint hard to do. Millions of hungry kids in state schools will eat these silver spooners you adore alive. They will never get the chance, though. So, no point in discussing that any further.

Have a great interview, lol. Don't make me laugh anymore. My temples hurt.

There are millions of people in this country that can do as good a job, if not better than the folks you deem to be uber intelligent. Intelligence does not correlate with socio-economics, nor does it correlate with the grades one obtains. There are far too many factors and variables to get into why things are the way they are.

I am not impressed with the criteria you presented, at all. Sounds like a crock of ****, and is, in fact, a crock of ****.

LMFAO spoken like a true fool. Those middle classers could easily get into Yale if they just worked harder in school, on their SATs, and the extracurriculars. In fact the majority of kids at these schools were not gifted their spots in the class. Some do of course, but it is the minority. Not only that, but once they all get their jobs the playing field is equal and these middle classers don't eat the silver spoon kids lunch. I see it happen everyday.

You sound like someone that knows fvck all about the field and thinks these guys were given the job.

Really? You don't think someone like John Mack is going to have more intelligent kids than some guy that works as a construction worker? LMFAO give me a break.

No, I just don't want it to be on my conscience that some kid may read this post and end up wasting his time and money getting a worthless degree. That should be on your conscience forever. That because of your hard headedness kids may ruin their lives because of you. If you can live with that. Then you are more evil than anyone on WS. I am not just talking about WS workers. I am talking about educated people in general. Most educated people would agree me with, that those degrees are absolutely worthless.

I hope your kids end up being history and English majors. Actually, scratch that. I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.
Ok Mother Teresa. You win. I concede that it’s “evil” to be fine with telling a kid it’s ok to make (insert middling salary you deem degrading enough)$/year. Shame on me.

My oldest is not yet 3, and he’s already reading - not parsing through Bloomberg... yet. But we’ll see.

Ok Mother Teresa. You win. I concede that it’s “evil” to be fine with telling a kid it’s ok to make (insert middling salary you deem degrading enough)$/year. Shame on me.

My oldest is not yet 3, and he’s already reading - not parsing through Bloomberg... yet. But we’ll see.

How many times must I say it. It is fine to make X amount of dollars. I am saying picking a major that is most likely going to put you in crippling debt is a foolish move.

@LustNCanes can confirm my respect for firemen. I was just pointing out how absurd your statement was.

HEY!!!!! I’m not a HOUSEWIFE at the firehouse I’m a CAPTAIN!
At HOME.... I’m a HOUSEWIFE!! Get it right, you filthy scumbags!

Sorry homies, I’ll comeback in an hour or 2, I’m cooking and washing dishes so my wife, who is working, can come home to a clean house and a hot meal on the table.
Thanks for being understanding, fellow Cane brethren’s.

Advertisement
HEY!!!!! I’m not a HOUSEWIFE at the firehouse I’m a CAPTAIN!
At HOME.... I’m a HOUSEWIFE!! Get it right, you filthy scumbags!

Sorry homies, I’ll comeback in an hour or 2, I’m cooking and washing dishes so my wife, who is working, can come home to a clean house and a hot meal on the table.
Thanks for being understanding, fellow Cane brethren’s.

Hahaha. Nah I was just trying to draw a parallel to show how absurd his comment was lol. You know me. I have tons of respect for anyone that risks their lives for others.

How many times must I say it. It is fine to make X amount of dollars. I am saying picking a major that is most likely going to put you in crippling debt is a foolish move.
Foolish/imbecilic/worthless/wasteful... ACCORDING TO YOU (and your rich, genetically-superior friends). Not most/many/all “educated” people. Realize that, man. Or don’t, and keep coming off like a holier than thou...

Foolish/imbecilic/worthless/wasteful... ACCORDING TO YOU (and your rich, genetically-superior friends). Not most/many/all “educated” people. Realize that, man. Or don’t, and keep coming off like a holier than thou...

No, most educated people think this way. You either don't get out much or like to burry your head in the sand if you don't agree.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/this-is-the-most-regrettable-college-major-in-america-2017-07-10

https://www.creditsesame.com/blog/education/college-majors-with-highest-unemployment/

Check number 1, 3, and 4 on the list. Communications, history, and English fall into those categories.

Advertisement
So again I ask does anybody have any solid information on whether we are actually reaching out to him or not.
J34s.gif

No, most educated people think this way. You either don't get out much or like to burry your head in the sand if you don't agree.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/this-is-the-most-regrettable-college-major-in-america-2017-07-10

https://www.creditsesame.com/blog/education/college-majors-with-highest-unemployment/

Check number 1, 3, and 4 on the list. Communications, history, and English fall into those categories.

No. Your links do not prove that Most educated people think that way. All they prove is that most people that responded to that survey, think that way - trying to extrapolate those results and make them fit narrowly into your argument is... flawed, to put it mildly. I know you’re smart enough to know that.

Advertisement
Back