Palm Beach Post Article on U Offensive Line for this Season

Advertisement
Enough is right. Jerks on this board who never played a down hide behind a keyboard and say things that just suck. It's our team support them.
If McDoormat is a starter, we are not doing a good job of recruiting OLine. You can not put a new qb behind his garbage ***. There is enuf available bodies and enuf time(spring& fall camps) to find a capable 5 and rotational players.

Enough*

If you're going to take shots at players, make sure you are doing it right. He was a 5 star coming out of high school on some sites and he performed pretty well late last year all things considered. He's finally being coached up so I have faith that he will continue to progress as a player.

+rep

Two of the most overated recruits were Darlkng and McDermott. KC just leaned on people in HS. Linder was an absolute nobody. Had his brother never play here and AG never been the coach... linder would not have an offer.

A lot of fat to be trimmed. Mahoney, Milo, Jones...

What if I said the 1st team OL for practice#1 would be as follows.... What is your reaction:
LT- ST. LOUIS
LG- DARLING
C-GAULTIER
RG-MCDERMOTT​
RT-DONALDSON​

Advertisement
What if I said the 1st team OL for practice#1 would be as follows.... What is your reaction:
LT- ST. LOUIS
LG- DARLING
C-GAULTIER
RG-MCDERMOTT​
RT-DONALDSON​

That's the most lilkely starting 5. However IMO, St. Louis, McDermott, and Donaldson will be in different positions.

If McDoormat is a starter, we are not doing a good job of recruiting OLine. You can not put a new qb behind his garbage ***. There is enuf available bodies and enuf time(spring& fall camps) to find a capable 5 and rotational players.

Enough*

If you're going to take shots at players, make sure you are doing it right. He was a 5 star coming out of high school on some sites and he performed pretty well late last year all things considered. He's finally being coached up so I have faith that he will continue to progress as a player.

Plus, give the guy some credit. He was playing out of his natural position most of the time, simply because we didn't have anyone else to put in there.

With more bodies who can bring it this year, you will see McD is a better player.

Last edited:

Enough*

Plus, give the guy some credit. He was playing out of his natural position most of the time, simply because we didn't have anyone else to put in there.

With more bodies who can bring it this year, you will see McD is a better player.

5* in hs didn't transition over to power5 football. You honestly telling me you watched a OLinemen and was able to notice his play or lack thereof. You must be a personal fan because the only times an olinemen gets notice are standout blocks and/or being abuse by the opposing DL. Being naive is not going to make him look better to the purest eyes. You say he was playing out of position; ****, he look bad at every position he was at. I'm not saying he was a completely pathetic, he does play hard and may be a good leader in the lockerroom. The thing is, that's not good enuf to be on the field on gameday. He will get beat out in camp, CRM is not tied to him or his family. Pls dont throw up the 5* bs again unless he can back it up...your turn

Advertisement
If it's a truly open competition, Gaynor could walk in tomorrow and beat out Linder. Linder was the clear weak link last year. The minute he went out the OL play improved dramatically. LOL at the goofballs ragging McDermott like he's anywhere near the liability Linder was.

Congratulation! you know football.

football.jpg

Linder has had surgery on both shoulders, twice on one. Shoulder surgery is not a party. Let's see how he feels in a few months. It could be he might have to retire. They don't shut you down mid season unless there is a big problem physically.

He was retiring after this year anyways.

Advertisement
In a perfect world I would like to see how this would look.

LT: St Louis
LG: Darling, 2nd string Herbert
C: McDermott-Gauthier
RG: Donaldson, 2nd string Herbert
RT: Brown/Odogwu

LT is Darling's to lose. Don't know why Searles has this obsession with His Tackles strictly adhering to staying square to the LOS. I went back and watched those early 2K teams, and even McKinney didn't kick-step all the time...He basically did a basketball defensive shuffle.

Advertisement
Some of you must have stopped watching after the 4-4 start because when McDermott was kicked out to LT and Gauthier/Gall entered the lineup the OL improved dramatically.

Enough*

5* in hs didn't transition over to power5 football. You honestly telling me you watched a OLinemen and was able to notice his play or lack thereof. You must be a personal fan because the only times an olinemen gets notice are standout blocks and/or being abuse by the opposing DL. Being naive is not going to make him look better to the purest eyes. You say he was playing out of position; ****, he look bad at every position he was at. I'm not saying he was a completely pathetic, he does play hard and may be a good leader in the lockerroom. The thing is, that's not good enuf to be on the field on gameday. He will get beat out in camp, CRM is not tied to him or his family. Pls dont throw up the 5* bs again unless he can back it up...your turn

If you didn't notice the improvement along the offensive line after shifting Mc Dermott to LT and Gauthier to C, you shouldn't be commenting on an offensive line thread. I will agree with you that nobody's job should be safe and there should be open competition for every spot on the offensive line.

Some of you must have stopped watching after the 4-4 start because when McDermott was kicked out to LT and Gauthier/Gall entered the lineup the OL improved dramatically.

People remember a handful of bad plays that they noticed and latch onto them as definitive indications as to a player's ability (especially on the OL). Then once something becomes popular rhetoric, the echo chamber gets started and the hive mentality takes over.

McDermott will be starting this fall, and I don't think that's a terrible thing. I would like to see Linder replaced, though.

They were still not getting any push. They couldnt even move west virginia d-line.

Advertisement
Back