Palm Beach Post Article on U Offensive Line for this Season

Advertisement
Can linder not get stronger? Maybe he is one to redshirt? get stronger as well. He was very capable there for a while.
Part of the difference of why he looked capable previously and sometimes looks like he's getting mauled now is the difference in playcalling and what he's being asked to do. He just doesn't have the size, length and strength to execute some tasks in a power running game. On the other hand, he was ok early in his career hitting moving targets on Coley's zone blocking playcalls.

Enough is right. Jerks on this board who never played a down hide behind a keyboard and say things that just suck. It's our team support them.
If McDoormat is a starter, we are not doing a good job of recruiting OLine. You can not put a new qb behind his garbage ***. There is enuf available bodies and enuf time(spring& fall camps) to find a capable 5 and rotational players.

Enough*

If you're going to take shots at players, make sure you are doing it right. He was a 5 star coming out of high school on some sites and he performed pretty well late last year all things considered. He's finally being coached up so I have faith that he will continue to progress as a player.

Advertisement
Mc Dermott was solid when they moved him back to LT for the last 5 games (all wins). He struggles against bull rushing DTs but moves pretty well on the outside. He still has a lot of room for improvement but he's at least a decent player at tackle. He's below average at guard.

Did someone get paid for that article?

That may have been one of the least comprehensive article, and with zero information. The replies to that article on this thread will be more in depth.

Anyone penciling in Brown at LT doesn't know what they're talking about considering he's never played a down and couldn't hack it at LSU.

It's McDermott's job to lose imo. There's a reason he stayed at LT once Darling returned.

And there's no way Linder will be ready for spring considering he just had shoulder surgery, which makes Gauthier the clear answer at center imo. The only question is who else will play center this spring?

Advertisement
If it's a truly open competition, Gaynor could walk in tomorrow and beat out Linder. Linder was the clear weak link last year. The minute he went out the OL play improved dramatically. LOL at the goofballs ragging McDermott like he's anywhere near the liability Linder was.

If it's a truly open competition, Gaynor could walk in tomorrow and beat out Linder. Linder was the clear weak link last year. The minute he went out the OL play improved dramatically. LOL at the goofballs ragging McDermott like he's anywhere near the liability Linder was.

McDermott played well at tackle, I don't get the negativity. He didn't look natural at guard imo.

I thought Gauthier would be the center this year but he played so well at guard he might stay. Which means Linder could be back at center , and that's scary. Hopefully you're right , Gaynor comes in and takes his spot.

Unless Linder took some hella-roids and can now go up against mediocre defensive tackles without getting tossed around like a rag doll, he should be nowhere near the field unless Miami is up by forty.

Advertisement
Linder has had surgery on both shoulders, twice on one. Shoulder surgery is not a party. Let's see how he feels in a few months. It could be he might have to retire. They don't shut you down mid season unless there is a big problem physically.

McDermott played well at LT last year minus a few penalties.

Yeah, I think McDermott is capable at LT. Gauthier is best bet at C. I think the injuries have really hurt Linder (in addition to the change in scheme).

Advertisement

I agree with that, crazy thing is Nick Linder actually played really well as a freshman at left guard. He did become a liability at center and I have no doubt that Gaynor will push him in the Fall. I wouldn't be surprised to see Gaynor start as a frosh, he looks like he has that dog in him

I watched the 91 Cotton Bowl recently on YouTube and I was shocked at how poor our Oline was (unless Texas D was that good) then too. Running room was as scarce as the Russel bowl. Connelly and Stewart were routinely crushed at or behind LOS. Erickson took a beating too and had little time to throw. Line looked very similar to what we have had the last few years...and Leon Searcy was playing too. Assume Keshoenwas coach. Point is, our line looked just as bad then

KC best spot is at Rt. But since there is no true LT on the team he might have to play there.

Advertisement
Back