Packard and Durham on Manny

Advertisement
1. Vouching & getting mad at Miami firing Blake when he’s clearly been one of our worst ADs??

2. Saying Manny has righted the ship when we’ve been seeing epic, historic fails every single year?? He deserves another year after being here for 6 yrs??!

Come on, dog! Read between the lines. These doofuses have praised everything wrong w/ us, and criticizing us for trying to make changes! How is that wanting us to be good??! Lol.
Yah, I think they were pretty clueless, but they have always advocated for Miami to do well as it benefits the ACC and college football just like Herbstreit does. Herby just recog ized the lack of commitment from the administration.

Both things can be true.

Said that Manny got the program back on track said Manny deserves another year or two which I agree yall can get mad all yall want but with the right DC we're a championship team Tvd is dangerous and we really can't disrupt what he's doing. Everyone in the country on notice
I love listening to Packet and Durham and they are good guys who know the sport and have been covering it a while. That being said they are never going to rip or say something bad about any team or coach, they are like the DBJ and Zaghaki of the neutral ACC world, except they do it tactfully.

If they said that about just Diaz, I could say difference in philosophy and opinion, fine. But if you read the BS they tossed about Blake about why he should stay without saying how bad just about every one of our teams are and still don’t think there is something fishy, then I don’t know what to tell you.
Sorry man, I just don't see it that way. I laughed when they were talking about James. They said positives, but didn't say anything about the lack of a coaching search when Diaz was hired or the fact thst he back stabbed his coach with the media 1 day before the NC Stste game which is probably the biggest reason he got fired.

It still doesn't make it a conspiracy because they thought James did his job well and that they also think firing a coach every 3 years doesn't improve your program as they listed all the schools that have done that including Miami are still in thet same cycle and haven't improved.

I disagree with them on James and they may be right about firings keeping you in a losing cycle, but Diaz has failed to win, made too many mistakes, and not established a tough disciplined culture. it's time to move on.

Again, I've watched Packer and Durham many times since the ACC channel was launched. They have always advocated for Miam to be a leader of the conference along with FSU. They know that if Miami is at the top of the conference it elavates the conference nationally.

Nobody nationally gives a **** about Pitt vs Wake or NC State in the ACC championship. However, if we were there with a 10-2 or 11-1 record, the whole country gets a buzz wondering if Miami is back. They know this. They know it's best for the ACC and college football. They've always advocated for Miami.always saying, "Come on Miami, we need you to be good!!!"

Sorry, there's no conspiracy. Just some bad opinions.

Advertisement
Sorry man, I just don't see it that way. I laughed when they were talking about James. They said positives, but didn't say anything about the lack of a coaching search when Diaz was hired or the fact thst he back stabbed his coach with the media 1 day before the NC Stste game which is probably the biggest reason he got fired.

It still doesn't make it a conspiracy because they thought James did his job well and that they also think firing a coach every 3 years doesn't improve your program as they listed all the schools that have done that including Miami are still in thet same cycle and haven't improved.

I disagree with them on James and they may be right about firings keeping you in a losing cycle, but Diaz has failed to win, made too many mistakes, and not established a tough disciplined culture. it's time to move on.

Again, I've watched Packer and Durham many times since the ACC channel was launched. They have always advocated for Miam to be a leader of the conference along with FSU. They know that if Miami is at the top of the conference it elavates the conference nationally.

Nobody nationally gives a **** about Pitt vs Wake or NC State in the ACC championship. However, if we were there with a 10-2 or 11-1 record, the whole country gets a buzz wondering if Miami is back. They know this. They know it's best for the ACC and college football. They've always advocated for Miami.always saying, "Come on Miami, we need you to be good!!!"

Fair enough to have that opinion... consistently incompetent and conveniently selective in what facts they put out to substantiate their horrific takes.

The only reason this team is making a bowl game is that we lucked the **** out and Tyler Van Dyke is a stud. Best QB I’ve seen in a canes uni in a minute. And even then, games against 3 win GT and 5 win VT (who just fired their coach) came down to the wire. Cut the head off the snake now, or we will waste Van Dyke how Texas Tech wasted Mahomes winning 5 games a year.

I agree they advocate for Miami being “back”. They also advocate for the semenholes being back having said many times it’s good for the conference and CFB in general when we’re both good.

The problem with their “opinions” in this instance is they’re not looking big picture of the entire AD department at the U. They’re basing said opinions solely on football performance which, in and of itself, is way off base.

Advertisement
Michael Jordan Lol GIF by ESPN

Said that Manny got the program back on track said Manny deserves another year or two which I agree yall can get mad all yall want but with the right DC we're a championship team Tvd is dangerous and we really can't disrupt what he's doing. Everyone in the country on notice
Slurpee Alert!!!

Advertisement
Back