Pack & Omier

What? I was not one of the people that was calling for L to be fired. I said numerous times that we probably wouldn't be able to hire a better coach than him.

That said, anyone calling for him to be fired had the right to say that. He was terrible the last few years. One good year doesn't all of a sudden make them wrong. Without Ruiz we wouldn't have these players so putting that all on L is laughable.

Unless you think those young men are fools, they went where they felt their skills would be best developed and utilized.

Even Pack’s deal is a pittance as compared to a NBA career.

Sure, Ruiz made it easier for them to make the best decision for their careers… but don’t insult Coach L or those young men by saying it was just the money.

Advertisement
Unless you think those young men are fools, they went where they felt their skills would be best developed and utilized.

Even Pack’s deal is a pittance as compared to a NBA career.

Sure, Ruiz made it easier for them to make the best decision for their careers… but don’t insult Coach L or those young men by saying it was just the money.

LMAO!! We aren't paying these kids out of the goodness of our heart. We pay them because we knew that is what it took to get them to sign the dotted line. None of those kids have guaranteed money from the NBA. They could easily get injured this year and that is the end of their career. Taking the money now is the smart decision and they know it.

LMAO!! We aren't paying these kids out of the goodness of our heart. We pay them because we knew that is what it took to get them to sign the dotted line. None of those kids have guaranteed money from the NBA. They could easily get injured this year and that is the end of their career. Taking the money now is the smart decision and they know it.

Wow. You’re worse than the worst and most jealous opposing fans.

You think Pack came here just cause the $? What an insult.

But you don’t have to look any farther than our last recruiting class to see how wrong you are. Top 20 before the elite 8 season and with no NIL $$.

Of course your hatred blinds you to seeing how successful transfers have been under Coach L.

Wow. You’re worse than the worst and most jealous opposing fans.

You think Pack came here just cause the $? What an insult.

But you don’t have to look any farther than our last recruiting class to see how wrong you are. Top 20 before the elite 8 season and with no NIL $$.

Of course your hatred blinds you to seeing how successful transfers have been under Coach L.
And you are worse than the poor folks at Jonestown. How gullible can you possibly be? Why are we paying players then, if it isn't to get them to sign the dotted line.

What "hatred" do I have? I have been a big fan of L and defended him numerous times on here. Our last recruiting class is nothing to brag about. We got 1 kid in the top 100. With Ruiz that should be a lot better next year as seen by how we killed it in the transfer game this season.

Not for a school like Miami. but 1 sweet 16 in 8 years with no tournament appearences in 3 with losing records and finishing close to last in the conf 3 years in a row, is stinking it up. L turned it around and we are all happy, but the guys who were calling for his firing, should not be mocked because they had a lot of great points when he was stinking it up.
I love the revisionist history now and the guys wanting kudos cause it got turned around. As you stated, he looked done. I know I wanted him gone.… but I’m glad I was wrong. Just like I would’ve been happy to be wrong about Manny but wasn’t. These dudes probably were right about manny also thr other way. There’s always a hindsight king to tell us he was always on coach’s side.

Advertisement
And you are worse than the poor folks at Jonestown. How gullible can you possibly be? Why are we paying players then, if it isn't to get them to sign the dotted line.

What "hatred" do I have? I have been a big fan of L and defended him numerous times on here. Our last recruiting class is nothing to brag about. We got 1 kid in the top 100. With Ruiz that should be a lot better next year as seen by how we killed it in the transfer game this season.
Nothing to brag about? It was a top 20 class, NATIONALLY. It's not like Miami is some basketball blue blood where you get a top 10 class by merely showing up. Never mind the fact that before Ruiz, L was recruiting against programs that could do things for guys, and he couldn't. People forget that for years, Miami was recruiting with one hand tied behind their backs. Look at Kansas, Self has been doing pay for play for YEARS, it's KNOWN and no one does a **** thing about it. With NIL, L is able to provide something other than a hundred dollar handshake, and you are seeing him win battles that he once lost. Think about how many times Miami was in the hunt late for a guy, but couldn't finish it. Imagine if L actually could have matched what some of these schools were offering, legally.

Nothing to brag about? It was a top 20 class, NATIONALLY. It's not like Miami is some basketball blue blood where you get a top 10 class by merely showing up. Never mind the fact that before Ruiz, L was recruiting against programs that could do things for guys, and he couldn't. People forget that for years, Miami was recruiting with one hand tied behind their backs. Look at Kansas, Self has been doing pay for play for YEARS, it's KNOWN and no one does a **** thing about it. With NIL, L is able to provide something other than a hundred dollar handshake, and you are seeing him win battles that he once lost. Think about how many times Miami was in the hunt late for a guy, but couldn't finish it. Imagine if L actually could have matched what some of these schools were offering, legally.
We got 1 top 100 kid this season. In the past we have had a class that had 2 top 30 kids in it and another one with 2 top 70 kids with one kid being top 20. So no, I don't think this class is anything to brag about, before Ruiz got involved and landed elite transfers.

Also, you are pretty much proving my point that Ruiz is a huge draw here and the reason why we are now going to be winning recruiting battles that we would have lost previously.

So to clarify, Coach L is NOT getting or deserve to fired anymore?
You and I have not always seen eye to eye on things. But I’ve always tried to be open and respectful to other people’s opinions on here. I thought maybe we had turned a corner and everybody could just enjoy the good times that are going on right now with Miami athletics. But nope, we’re back to this. 99% of the time I would just scroll by a post like this and communicate with the many people on here I enjoy a great deal. It is with great sadness that I once again I have to point out the mind blowing lack of self awareness you possess to even so much as dare to hit submit on a post like this. As has already been pointed out numerous times, you were the biggest and loudest supporter of the worst, most incompetent coach in Miami history. You went all in on a buffoon and attacked anybody that disagreed. To say you were proven wrong is a massive understatement. You have no credibility on a topic like this. Did you think everybody just forgot?

Advertisement
Good lord.

Attachments

• download (11).jpeg
    download (11).jpeg
    9.7 KB · Views: 3
You and I have not always seen eye to eye on things. But I’ve always tried to be open and respectful to other people’s opinions on here. I thought maybe we had turned a corner and everybody could just enjoy the good times that are going on right now with Miami athletics. But nope, we’re back to this. 99% of the time I would just scroll by a post like this and communicate with the many people on here I enjoy a great deal. It is with great sadness that I once again I have to point out the mind blowing lack of self awareness you possess to even so much as dare to hit submit on a post like this. As has already been pointed out numerous times, you were the biggest and loudest supporter of the worst, most incompetent coach in Miami history. You went all in on a buffoon and attacked anybody that disagreed. To say you were proven wrong is a massive understatement. You have no credibility on a topic like this. Did you think everybody just forgot?

E3F60EAE-0596-42CA-A1A8-B788996D47F8.gif

Advertisement
As with every UM HC, his recruiting from the HS ranks left a lot to be desired. Seems it would take some recruiting superman like a Pitino or Calipari at the peaks to overcome that seemingly insurmountable challenge. Coach L, like all those before him, benefiited mostly from JuCos and Transfers.

Now, of course, the Portal and NIL have relegated HS recruiting almost to a back burner so HS recruiting shortcomings no longer matter as much. IMO, never was anything wrong with his technical coaching ability.
Agree, even Calipari seems to have taken a larger interest in the portal, and less emphasis on recruiting 6 or 7 one and dones : high schoolers like Anthony Davis, don't come along every year

Yea I admit I thought coach L was washed and ready for the pasture. Not just because of the losses but the exodus of transfers.. he obviously turned it around. And if you wanna stick to those guns because of what happened in 2020 okay go ahead. We're clearly on an excellent trajectory. But fans around here are like that. You still had people calling for Mike Harley to be benched last year because of some drops vs UAB the year before and back in 2000 you had people calling for Butch to be fired because of the Syracuse game in '98. Some people here are scorned women. They never forgive no matter what happens.

Advertisement
We got 1 top 100 kid this season. In the past we have had a class that had 2 top 30 kids in it and another one with 2 top 70 kids with one kid being top 20. So no, I don't think this class is anything to brag about, before Ruiz got involved and landed elite transfers.

Also, you are pretty much proving my point that Ruiz is a huge draw here and the reason why we are now going to be winning recruiting battles that we would have lost previously.
There are 350 schools playing D1 basketball, Miami has an incoming recruiting class ranked in the top 6%. No, it isn't the best class Miami has ever landed, but it's **** good, worthy of being noted. If "Historically good" is your standard for being something to write home about, then you have unrealistic standards.

Of course Ruiz is a draw, Miami was recruiting with one hand tied behind our backs before he showed up. Without NIL, this wouldn't be possible, because Miami cannot and will not have the illicit bag game of huge state schools, due to the fact that 1) It is easily detected when you aren't in bumblef**k and 2) The NCAA wouldn't look the other way, as they have done for other schools.

247 ranks Miami's HS class #20 and transfer class #3. I don't see how you cannot be excited with this. Also, #20 for a HS class (which was done before the Elite 8 run) is very good. Miami is ahead of Kentucky, Purdue, Michigan State, Baylor, Tennessee, Arizona

There are 350 schools playing D1 basketball, Miami has an incoming recruiting class ranked in the top 6%. No, it isn't the best class Miami has ever landed, but it's **** good, worthy of being noted. If "Historically good" is your standard for being something to write home about, then you have unrealistic standards.

Of course Ruiz is a draw, Miami was recruiting with one hand tied behind our backs before he showed up. Without NIL, this wouldn't be possible, because Miami cannot and will not have the illicit bag game of huge state schools, due to the fact that 1) It is easily detected when you aren't in bumblef**k and 2) The NCAA wouldn't look the other way, as they have done for other schools.
Class ranking doesn't matter much, especially in basketball, where if you get 1 extra kid in your class you now may have .33% more kids than other schools. The fact remains we got 1 top 100 kid, that isn't some sort of huge accomplishment.

IDK why @AmherstCane is agreeing with you though, since he disagrees that Miami was recruiting with 1 hand tied behind our back and that kids don't care about money getting paid to them, they got where they will best develop every single time.

Advertisement
Back