Pac 12 Players Asking for 50% of revenue to play this year

I don’t think these kids understand economics
Neither do the buffoons running the NCAA and athletic departments. They've wasted billons of dollars on bull**** fancy locker rooms, athletic vilages and massive guaranteed contracts for ****** coaches who they then fire. Only to pay another's obscene buyout so that coach can produce the same exact result the guy they fired did.

All to maintain the ridiculous facade of shamateurism, instead of thinking progressively as athletics changed as the unspeakably large dollars started pouring in. They just sat there like hogs feeding at the trough without a single thought towards the future.

Well the future has been forced down their throat and they're broke and have no cards to play.

They are getting what they deserve.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Fawking BS how universities never touch endowments to benefit students in times of knead. And don't give me dat bullsh*t about how funds are earmarked or restricted. Enough of the funds are knot restricted. Four many schools the income from the endowment investments alone could due the job.

Know Justice - Know Peace

Advertisement
Fawking BS how universities never touch endowments to benefit students in times of knead. And don't give me dat bullsh*t about how funds are earmarked or restricted. Enough of the funds are knot restricted. Four many schools the income from the endowment investments alone could due the job.

Know Justice - Know Peace

Knead was particularly good.

They want to be pros. And if that's the case they should be treated as such. The NFL they pay for their own air travel, hotels, and if they get in trouble they get fined. Because they are going to the school to play football and since the school is paying a cash sum, and these players should have pay for tuition. Also pros pay for their own room and board. I'm not saying players shouldn't be compensated, if this is done right in Florida it could be huge for players. But if the players want 50 percent of revinue it could get bad for them in a hurry.

Advertisement
Demanding 50% of revenue while demanding Stanford reinstate all the programs they cancelled is insane. Really, 50% of revenue is insane.

But the health insurance should be guaranteed and the kids should get paid in some fashion.
The demanding of 50% is just negotiation and you always open up asking for more than you can get, 101 type stuff.. Now them putting on a cape for other non revenue sports that actually take funds from them has to be one of dumbest things I have ever seen and lets me know they either have counsel not have their best interest or they dont have any at all, have no understanding of economics, and plan is DOA..

NCAA counters with everyone will lose scholarship. Who wins? 👀
Hope its the kids.
The NCAA has zero to do with scholarships. This is not even an issue for them to solve. This is a problem for the PAC-12 conference. Other conferences could wind up in the same situation depending on the outcome.

The demanding of 50% is just negotiation and you always open up asking for more than you can get, 101 type stuff.. Now them putting on a cape for other non revenue sports that actually take funds from them has to be one of dumbest things I have ever seen and lets me know they either have counsel not have their best interest or they dont have any at all, have no understanding of economics, and plan is DOA..
Perhaps they're looking out for all athletes not just the ones in their sport considering football has the most leverage.

Advertisement
Neither do the buffoons running the NCAA and athletic departments. They've wasted billons of dollars on bull**** fancy locker rooms, athletic vilages and massive guaranteed contracts for ****** coaches who they then fire. Only to pay another's obscene buyout so that coach can produce the same exact result the guy they fired did.

All to maintain the ridiculous facade of shamateurism, instead of thinking progressively as athletics changed as the unspeakably large dollars started pouring in. Instead they just sat there like hogs feeding at the trough without a single thought towards the future.

Well the future has been forced down their throat and they're broke and have no cards to play.

They are getting what they deserve.
Did you expect them to put their money in a savings account or IRA? Facility improvements is a way for them to spend it and give something back to the athletes. buyouts are usually subsidized by boosters too

Advertisement
The NCAA has zero to do with scholarships. This is not even an issue for them to solve. This is a problem for the PAC-12 conference. Other conferences could wind up in the same situation depending on the outcome.
This is not factual. All athletic scholarships are awarded by the NCAA.

They want to be pros. And if that's the case they should be treated as such. The NFL they pay for their own air travel, hotels, and if they get in trouble they get fined. Because they are going to the school to play football and since the school is paying a cash sum, and these players should have pay for tuition. Also pros pay for their own room and board. I'm not saying players shouldn't be compensated, if this is done right in Florida it could be huge for players. But if the players want 50 percent of revinue it could get bad for them in a hurry.
Yeah dude I don’t think that’s accurate. I’m certain the team covers all travel expenses related to the team lol.

Advertisement
Back