P.J. Fleck- A Leader of Men

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
I will say that I am sincerely thankful for the many police chiefs who have condemned these blue uniformed/white hooded murdered in Minneapolis.
Living in Atlanta our police chief called this action murder, and she is not the only chief to say as much.

As an attorney let me tell you what few people want to hear. We need to increase our taxes and hire better cops. Yes we need to train better, but if departments keep hiring what are at best high school grads then we will always have a lot if bad apples in the barrel. And you put a silk hat on a pig and you still have a pig (no pun intended).
At most departments around the country, starting salary is less than $40,000. So ask yourself what you get when you offer someone little money to do a dangerous job? You get losers like Derek Chauvin and the 3 guys who shot the lady in Louisville, and the murderers who killed Catherine Johnston in Atlanta 10 years back. We need to offer good salaries to entice better people to take this hard job. And until we do that we should keep expecting members of the Klan and other racist organizations to infiltrate the police ranks with their mostly retarded members.

I don't know what cops get paid where you live, but cops in a lot of cities make pretty good money. In Honolulu where I used to live, the starting salary of a police RECRUIT is between $64,368-$85,044. That doesn't sound like a lot in an expensive city, but that's before overtime and differential pay, which can kick it up into 6 figures, plus they all get about $1000 per month stipend to drive their own cars (Honolulu is one of only two major cities that lets cops drive their own personal cars, it's been shown to be about 66% cheaper to have a standardized fleet of vehicles but saving taxpayer money has never been one of the city's priorities). And of course, those are just the legitimate "above board" salaries- the police force in Honolulu is amongst the most crooked in the country so there are likely a lot of cops that are "earning" even more money than that. You know how Florida and other states have "sunshine laws" where an officer's record is open to the public (like number of complaints for excessive force, number of shootings involved in, allegations of racial bias, etc)? Not in Hawaii. It's the only state in the country where a police officer's record of conduct is sealed. The Chief of Police had a personal goon squad that was fabricating evidence so that he and his wife could win a lawsuit against his wife's uncle, who was suing them for swindling him (a cop from the vice squad dressed up like the uncle and went around destroying mailboxes while another vice squad member "secretly" filmed him, then they arrested the real uncle and leaked the video so that in court the Chief of Police could claim the uncle was under arrest for a federal offense and thus was not credible). The Chief of Police's wife was the Deputy District Attorney (highest ranking and highest paid non-elected attorney), and she was fixing cases and involved in massive drug ring with her brother, who was a doctor (and she made sure to steer police away from any investigations of her brother). Went on for years. Once they were finally caught (I think one of the goon squad guys got pinched for something unrelated and rolled on all the others, which is how this finally came to light) and the Chief of Police was indicted by the feds for corruption, the city gave him a $300,000 severance package plus he kept his retirement benefits.

Long story short- it's not a money issue that cops are abusing their powers. It's like a "Stanford Experiment" type problem. You give someone the unique authority take away another man's freedom and that power is corrosive. There is a personality type that is especially attracted to that type of job (one where you essentially above the law and everyone is required to do as you tell them). You can pay cops 5 to 6 times as much, and it will still attract the same personality types, so there won't be any real change in the behavior. It might even make the problem worse. If you raise the salaries, you will get even MORE of those power hungry personalities applying for police jobs.

I don't know what cops get paid where you live, but cops in a lot of cities make pretty good money. In Honolulu where I used to live, the starting salary of a police RECRUIT is between $64,368-$85,044. That doesn't sound like a lot in an expensive city, but that's before overtime and differential pay, which can kick it up into 6 figures, plus they all get about $1000 per month stipend to drive their own cars (Honolulu is one of only two major cities that lets cops drive their own personal cars, it's been shown to be about 66% cheaper to have a standardized fleet of vehicles but saving taxpayer money has never been one of the city's priorities). And of course, those are just the legitimate "above board" salaries- the police force in Honolulu is amongst the most crooked in the country so there are likely a lot of cops that are "earning" even more money than that. You know how Florida and other states have "sunshine laws" where an officer's record is open to the public (like number of complaints for excessive force, number of shootings involved in, allegations of racial bias, etc)? Not in Hawaii. It's the only state in the country where a police officer's record of conduct is sealed. The Chief of Police had a personal goon squad that was fabricating evidence so that he and his wife could win a lawsuit against his wife's uncle, who was suing them for swindling him (a cop from the vice squad dressed up like the uncle and went around destroying mailboxes while another vice squad member "secretly" filmed him, then they arrested the real uncle and leaked the video so that in court the Chief of Police could claim the uncle was under arrest for a federal offense and thus was not credible). The Chief of Police's wife was the Deputy District Attorney (highest ranking and highest paid non-elected attorney), and she was fixing cases and involved in massive drug ring with her brother, who was a doctor (and she made sure to steer police away from any investigations of her brother). Went on for years. Once they were finally caught (I think one of the goon squad guys got pinched for something unrelated and rolled on all the others, which is how this finally came to light) and the Chief of Police was indicted by the feds (not by the state- the feds had to step in) for corruption, the city gave him a $300,000 severance package plus he kept his retirement benefits.

Long story short- it's not a money issue that cops are abusing their powers. It's like a "Stanford Experiment" type problem. You give someone the unique authority take away another man's freedom and that power is corrosive. There is a personality type that is especially attracted to that type of job (one where you essentially above the law and everyone is required to do as you tell them). You can pay cops 5 to 6 times as much, and it will still attract the same personality types, so there won't be any real change in the behavior. It might even make the problem worse. If you raise the salaries, you will get even MORE of those power hungry personalities applying for police jobs.
They make more than teachers with less education . That guy's idea is completely ludicrous....

Only to the people who really didn't care in the first place does "looting" take away from the point behind 400 years of oppression.
Exactly. The people so up in arms about looting are the same people who search high and low for reasons to justify the scumbag rednecks in Georgia killing that poor kid or are digging for something from Floyd's past that would somehow make him appear to be a guy who deserved to be choked to death for no reason. He was trespassing 3 days ago at a construction site! That gives Cletus the right to hunt and kill him! They're filth.

They have no idea the rage those people are feeling, so they should shut the fck about it. If they loot, they loot. If they burn the police station that houses the scum that has been abusing their fellow citizens without consequences, then so be it. I don't advocate any of it, but I understand it. There's a breaking point that everyone reaches. And they reached theirs. So if some property gets destroyed or stolen in the process, so be it.

I don't know what cops get paid where you live, but cops in a lot of cities make pretty good money. In Honolulu where I used to live, the starting salary of a police RECRUIT is between $64,368-$85,044. That doesn't sound like a lot in an expensive city, but that's before overtime and differential pay, which can kick it up into 6 figures, plus they all get about $1000 per month stipend to drive their own cars (Honolulu is one of only two major cities that lets cops drive their own personal cars, it's been shown to be about 66% cheaper to have a standardized fleet of vehicles but saving taxpayer money has never been one of the city's priorities). And of course, those are just the legitimate "above board" salaries- the police force in Honolulu is amongst the most crooked in the country so there are likely a lot of cops that are "earning" even more money than that. You know how Florida and other states have "sunshine laws" where an officer's record is open to the public (like number of complaints for excessive force, number of shootings involved in, allegations of racial bias, etc)? Not in Hawaii. It's the only state in the country where a police officer's record of conduct is sealed. The Chief of Police had a personal goon squad that was fabricating evidence so that he and his wife could win a lawsuit against his wife's uncle, who was suing them for swindling him (a cop from the vice squad dressed up like the uncle and went around destroying mailboxes while another vice squad member "secretly" filmed him, then they arrested the real uncle and leaked the video so that in court the Chief of Police could claim the uncle was under arrest for a federal offense and thus was not credible). The Chief of Police's wife was the Deputy District Attorney (highest ranking and highest paid non-elected attorney), and she was fixing cases and involved in massive drug ring with her brother, who was a doctor (and she made sure to steer police away from any investigations of her brother). Went on for years. Once they were finally caught (I think one of the goon squad guys got pinched for something unrelated and rolled on all the others, which is how this finally came to light) and the Chief of Police was indicted by the feds for corruption, the city gave him a $300,000 severance package plus he kept his retirement benefits.

Most human behavior is learned. The issue is systems that foster bad behavior. In any system you get what you incentivize. You want the trains to run on time, tie folks compensation to trains arriving on time. Want to decrease illegal use of force? Dock the squads pay for such actions, will solve the problem before the end of quarter. Regardless of bias / prejudice / race etc. . . . solution is painfully obvious. The will to do it and fight with the police union is the issue. It’s the system. Look at where the modern American police force sprung from historically. The history of an organization tells you a lot. Whether it’s the Marine Corps or Hennepin County, that tells you the mindset.

Advertisement
OP is spot on. Fleck has built a resume which includes " being a leader of young men." Now he chooses silence with the knowledge that the majority of his players share the same skin color as the man that was just lynched steps away from the university that he works at. These young black men that he is so proud of mentoring are likely triggered and hurt. He may be a good coach but he is a fraudulent ***** when it comes to being " a leader of young men."

Most human behavior is learned. The issue is systems that foster bad behavior. In any system you get what you incentivize. You want the trains to run on time, tie folks compensation to trains arriving on time. Want to decrease illegal use of force? Dock the squads pay for such actions, will solve the problem before the end of quarter. Regardless of bias / prejudice / race etc. . . . solution is painfully obvious. The will to do it and fight with the police union is the issue. It’s the system. Look at where the modern American police force sprung from historically. The history of an organization tells you a lot. Whether it’s the Marine Corps or Hennepin County, that tells you the mindset.
Men-in-black-memory-erase.gif

OP is spot on. Fleck has built a resume which includes " being a leader of young men." Now he chooses silence with the knowledge that the majority of his players share the same skin color as the man that was just lynched steps away from the university that he works at. These young black men that he is so proud of mentoring are likely triggered and hurt. He may be a good coach but he is a fraudulent ***** when it comes to being " a leader of young men."
You're calling people *****. When you just inferred all his players are pussies...

Advertisement
You should just STFU. This is NOT an issue to be joking about. You are part of the problem. People in society who only care what happens to them and not their fellow man. Institutional racism will not end unless those disaffected are also outraged.

The same kids that you root for on Saturday's deal with instutional racism on a daily basis. Cheering and praising on one hand, but ignoring the plight they or their family members may face. That makes you a hypocrite.

Have you ever been pulled over by the police and asked what you do for a living? How can you afford the car you're driving? Or that your license says you live in ABC city, what are you doing in this affluent neighborhood? I HAVE.

Stop being a part of the problem by ignoring or making light of the problem.
You got the wrong guy, mojombo.

Exactly. The people so up in arms about looting are the same people who search high and low for reasons to justify the scumbag rednecks in Georgia killing that poor kid or are digging for something from Floyd's past that would somehow make him appear to be a guy who deserved to be choked to death for no reason. He was trespassing 3 days ago at a construction site! That gives Cletus the right to hunt and kill him! They're filth.

They have no idea the rage those people are feeling, so they should shut the fck about it. If they loot, they loot. If they burn the police station that houses the scum that has been abusing their fellow citizens without consequences, then so be it. I don't advocate any of it, but I understand it. There's a breaking point that everyone reaches. And they reached theirs. So if some property gets destroyed or stolen in the process, so be it.
That's the story that never gets told. The average viewer gets treated to clips of a burning building and a couple of bullet points. They never get the opportunity to empathize with the people living the situation. CNN had no problem holding an anti-gun town hall while the Parkland bodies were still warm, but they can't have a similar town hall where people can share some stories of unnecessary force to see that the frustration is based on experience.

The cop that shot the young man in the Oakland train station got 2 years for involuntary manslaughter. The you g man was on the floor with his hands behind his back. The cop stood up and shot him in the back. He said that he confised his gun with his taser.
Not one black person on the jury.
He got double time for time already served and the judge overturned the other charge of gun enhancement that would’ve added more jail time. He served 146 days in jail.
We can also look at the guy in nyc that kept saying he couldn’t breath while the cop choked him to death. We could go on and on about cases like this.
We can go all the way back to the case that started the Miami riots back in the early 80’s. Now that was literally getting away with murder.
Both....McDuffie and the kid in the arcade that had a gun planted on him after being shot...

Lol @ some of you morons. Half the rioters are white - and they're even destroying minority-owned businesses. Don't think for 2 seconds that if this spreads into the suburb your basement resides - that your virtue signaling is going to save moms house.

Advertisement
How many of you guys know the name Tony Timpa? I'm guessing few.

I'll take your Timpa and raise you a Daniel Shaver. That's a video that'll effing stick with you. But both of those cases are just an aspect of a larger issue with policing and don't negate the issues specific to minorities.

Here's something else to ponder before I personally drive to CIS Headquarters to demand the banishment of the race baiting huckster OP that started this thread:

Unless you believe in massive chronological coincidence and think that Chauvin was going to be charged all along today then how effing inept are the state and us attorneys we saw yesterday? How the eff did they not just essentially justify the destruction last night and prove it to actually be an effective means to at least an initial end? What the eff did they see in the last 12 hrs evidence-wise that allowed for the charges that wasn't already present?

How is the Boston Tea Party not vandalism? What planet are you living on?

I guess technically it was vandalism but you do see the difference in each case don’t you? What is happening in Minneapolis would be equivalent to Sam Adams and his gang burning down local pubs and blacksmith shops to protest the British vs targeting a specific product that was the object of their protest.

Advertisement
I'll take your Timpa and raise you a Daniel Shaver. That's a video that'll effing stick with you. But both of those cases are just an aspect of a larger issue with policing and don't negate the issues specific to minorities.
Statistically whites are more likely to be killed in police interaction, while minorities are more likely to experience excessive force. Could be racism, but it could also be minorities have much less trust in LEO's (who can blame them) and resist more? But i've only recently learned about Timpa, and now Shaver... I must ask a rhetorical - how is that possible?

Here's something else to ponder before I personally drive to CIS Headquarters to demand the banishment of the race baiting huckster OP that started this thread:

Unless you believe in massive chronological coincidence and think that Chauvin was going to be charged all along today then how effing inept are the state and us attorneys we saw yesterday? How the eff did they not just essentially justify the destruction last night and prove it to actually be an effective means to at least an initial end? What the eff did they see in the last 12 hrs evidence-wise that allowed for the charges that wasn't already present?

I guess they didn't need additional video after all, sounds like He needed to get over His reluctance. Angry gets $h!t done.

It's even deeper than race baiting huckster but I quit caring over simpleton opinion...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back