Overhyped Players of the Millennium

The first person that I thought of was Taylor Mays. Complete blasphemy by the media when they mentioned him in the same breath as Sean Taylor.

It's always blasphemy when they mention the GOAT alongside overhyped up-and-comers.

Advertisement
**** yall only mentioning Canes? Lol

Yeah, we've had our fair share of overhyped players, but nowhere near programs like USC, UF & Notre Dame.

In all fairness, Cane recruits are the only ones I care about.
The Bleacher Report list wasn't all Canes though, I just think it's funny yall think we're the only ones that have overhyped/overrated players.

We do no doubt, but trust those other programs I mentioned have far more.

Yeah, we've had our fair share of overhyped players, but nowhere near programs like USC, UF & Notre Dame.

In all fairness, Cane recruits are the only ones I care about.
The Bleacher Report list wasn't all Canes though, I just think it's funny yall think we're the only ones that have overhyped/overrated players.

We do no doubt, but trust those other programs I mentioned have far more.

I never said we are the only ones that have overhyped players. I know other programs do as well, but I just don't care about them.

miami players overhyped?....why isnt howard or jerome in the college football hall of fame?.....no way are we...no way!

Advertisement
Noel Devine, Robert Marve, James Wilder jr, Matt Patchan, Kelvin Taylor, EJ Manuel, Greg Reid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ron powlus needs to be on that list

Ron Powlus and the Beano Cook clip is always what I think of when it comes to overhyped players. I t was before 2000, but Powlus is the most over-hyped of all time IMO.

Fred Rouse was one guy that I never understood what people were watching to make him so highly rated, but I thought Willie Williams was a can't miss.

[video=youtube;esL0SfF8bZo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esL0SfF8bZo[/video]

Advertisement
Advertisement
Hackenberg at least started and played and stayed out of trouble. He contributed. Don't know why he is on this list. This list should be for guys who were so dominate in High School that they looked like Pros at 18 and then never got past freshman year like Willie, Fred Rouse, or Callahan Bright.

Advertisement
I wasn't really old enough to know what kinda hype surrounded Ryan Moore, but I had a coach in high school that came from south Florida and he said that Ryan Moore was hyped as the next big thing but never really panned out to be what they expected him to be. Anybody shed some light on that?

Advertisement
Back