Overhyped Players of the Millennium

Advertisement
In state....

Although the Noles produce legit players, they've had the most big name busts of the big three.

Marquette smith was a huge recruit when he came out. Same goes or Lamont Green and Jeff Luc.

If josh sweat doesn't turn it around soon, he'll also be on the list. The rest have been mentioned.

UF: Titus O'Neal (Thaddeus Bullard) never lived up to the considerable hype. Brack Berlin.

Lastly, UM.

Gotta go with Jammi German. Huge recruit when he came out. Anytime your name is being mentioned with Deion's, you'd better ball out. Fir the most part, he had an unremarkable career.

Almost every big name recruit Coker brought in.

Advertisement
Keith Bryant

3e1276f97dfe4bad85a19e72c1391e08.jpg

Advertisement
I wasn't really old enough to know what kinda hype surrounded Ryan Moore, but I had a coach in high school that came from south Florida and he said that Ryan Moore was hyped as the next big thing but never really panned out to be what they expected him to be. Anybody shed some light on that?

Looked outta shape His last few years, had that Tyrone Moss-like post injury gut...also had an OTF incident with a female at a bar. Had a good showing at the NFL combine though, don't know what happened after that.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Derrick Harvey & Dante Folwer Jr come to mind...

Also, I actually like the fact they can admit that guys like Hackenberg & Mustain were incredibly overhyped, especially Hack.

All I ever heard was that he was the 2nd coming of Andrew Luck & John Elway.

He had a great Freshman season because O'Brien's Offense hid his inefficiencies, plus he had NFL caliber playmakers surrounding him like Allen Robinson & Jesse James.

Once those guys went to the draft, Hack was forced to show he could make things happen without the clutch of O'Brien & he had one of the worst Sophomore seasons I've ever seen in College Football.

Then the excuses started, it was Franklins fault, bad scheme, no help, no OL, etc.. But as soon as he leaves, Pedo St has one of their best seasons without him.

Turns out, it wasn't everybody else's fault that he held onto the ball too long & threw awful INT's because he simply couldn't read Defenses.

I'm a PSU grad and have many friends that follow the program closely. I was told that without pads on, he was as deadly as can be, but as soon as the pads went on the wheels came off.

I really enjoyed seeing PSU lose during that era.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeff luc, Nigel Carr, Ermon Lane, nukeese richardson, the northwest crew,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Back