Over/under UAB

Advertisement
CIS will be melting down until the middle of the 3rd Q. Am wet yorkie until Lash makes a fool of me. I own it. Testy shot scheduled right after, Chise. I need it.

I dont see one person predicting we lose to UAB or saying we should be terrified of them. But they are a pretty decent team, not sure what the big deal is to be realistic about that.

The athletic came out with their pre-season poll this morning and had them at 29 just behind Virginia and Virginia Tech and ahead of Ole Miss, Texas Tech, Mississippi st and South Carolina. Miami, 17 so yeah we def should beat them but its not a cupcake scrimmage like say Austin Pea. If the name on their jersey said South Carolina the narrative completely changes.

We’ve been kept from the Mares for a long time, gonna bust one on these puzzles!!! 72-10
No way in **** Manny takes foot off the gas don’t think our hi tempo allows it! Gonna be a major *** whooping🙌🙌

Advertisement
Advertisement
Miami 45
UAB 17

Halftime score is 17-10, the soft shouldered fans start crowing "see we were right to be afraid" and then Miami scores 28 in the 2nd half. UAB gets a meaningless cheap score on our 4th stringers at the end of the game.

Pu$$y fans disappear and/or claim they were justified in being scared because of last year's record.

I'm not buying that....Our Offensive system is Light yrs better...and our Defense is just as good...If we can't win this game by 21+ points...then there still is a problem...
The majority here were gushing over Enos this time last year. I got bashed for saying how slow the offense looked trying to execute simple running plays that spring. I haven’t seen this offense and neither has anyone else. Hopefully it’s a home run hire but I’m not getting hopes up. Scheme only does so much. It’s still the same players starting on the OL, that got their **** pushed all last season, minus one guy. There’s no Dallas (best blocking back in the draft) in the backfield. as explosive as the frosh might be they’re still frosh. Dallas broke a ton of tackles running last season, too. There’s no vet WR like Osborne or even JT4. We’re betting on largely unproven guys to break out. The saving grace is supposed to be a transfer QB with wheels. Maybe he is the answer. We don’t know yet.

It’s laughable that people think this UM team will be firing on all cylinders in game one against a team that went to a bowl game and won their division. This isn’t Charleston Southern. There was no spring and limited practice. There’s a completely new offense, new coaches, and a new QB. It takes time to gel and mesh together. Texas A&M beat this team by 21 points last season. To say we should beat them by at least that or there’s a problem is being delusional. This team will have to earn it. UAB is not coming in scared like it’s 1989. They beat teams that beat us last season.

I see something like 31-20. A sloppy first half with UM pulling away in the 3rd quarter. They score a garbage TD late in the 4th.

The majority here were gushing over Enos this time last year. I got bashed for saying how slow the offense looked trying to execute simple running plays that spring. I haven’t seen this offense and neither has anyone else. Hopefully it’s a home run hire but I’m not getting hopes up. Scheme only does so much. It’s still the same players starting on the OL, that got their **** pushed all last season, minus one guy. There’s no Dallas (best blocking back in the draft) in the backfield. as explosive as the frosh might be they’re still frosh. Dallas broke a ton of tackles running last season, too. There’s no vet WR like Osborne or even JT4. We’re betting on largely unproven guys to break out. The saving grace is supposed to be a transfer QB with wheels. Maybe he is the answer. We don’t know yet.

It’s laughable that people think this UM team will be firing on all cylinders in game one against a team that went to a bowl game and won their division. This isn’t Charleston Southern. There was no spring and limited practice. There’s a completely new offense, new coaches, and a new QB. It takes time to gel and mesh together. Texas A&M beat this team by 21 points last season. To say we should beat them by at least that or there’s a problem is being delusional. This team will have to earn it. UAB is not coming in scared like it’s 1989. They beat teams that beat us last season.

I see something like 31-20. A sloppy first half with UM pulling away in the 3rd quarter. They score a garbage TD late in the 4th.
The biggest difference between last year's hopeful optimism and this year's confidence (at least from my perspective) is that I KNOW what Lashlee is going to do here. I know what his offense should look like and what his philosophy is going to be. With Enos, I was just buying into what he was telling everyone. I was expecting an offense more like we saw at Alabama (when Enos was not calling plays) and we got an offense more like when he was at Arkansas. If you would have told me last fall that he was going to be running a pro-style offense with an emphasis on deep drops and play action, I would have thrown in the towel before the season started. Especially considering the guys they were trotting out to block in that scheme.

I fully expect them to have some early season jitters and maybe a few bonehead penalties on offense against UAB. It may be close for a quarter or even a half but it should be put away fairly easily in the second half. UAB has a solid defense but their offense is UM under Enos caliber. They're not putting 20 up unless Miami has some really bad turnovers. I also expect our defense to turn them over a few times especially since their QB is interception prone. So even if the offense doesn't click on all cylinders right off the bat, the defense should be able to put them in good field position for some easier scores. I'm thinking of a final score somewhere in the neighborhood of 37-10

Advertisement
LT shut us out 14-0 in the bowl last year and UAB beat LT 20-14 last year. Yes , I'm scared !! Very scared !! The law of transgressionism is no joke !
Through my drunken memory, Miami’s defense played pretty dang good and gave up one the TDs late? Look if we have any type of offense we should be fine.

What happened last year has absolutely no bearing on what will happen in 2020.

We now have an OC who has proven to turn offenses around in quick fashion and prepare his teams. We have two of the best Frosh Rbs in the Nation.
We have one of the best( if not the best) Senior Leader Qbs in the Nation who has seen every type of defense thrown at him and makes good decisions.

We have a defense that is still good and special teams that should be much improved.

Being optimistic should be the default mind set based on these things and it is up to people to change my mind and say why this year will be bad.

I still have not heard any sound reasoning to expect pessimism heading into UAB other than the pandemic and other things everyone has had to deal with.

Advertisement

1. Few people were excited about Enos. I wasn't even cautiously optimistic. Said at the time I was extremely disappointed Diaz chose to stick with the "pro-style" offense instead of taking the opportunity to move to a spread offense.

2. UM doesn't have to fire on all cylinders to stomp UAB. UAB scored over 20 points only twice in their last 7 games, against UTEP and North Texas. They have the same bad QB and same bad OC. Last year, their QB had 17 TDs, 15 INTs, and 59% accuracy. He is horrible.
UAB isn't going to score points. You will probably see Miami take a couple quarters to get in rhythm, and then we will pull away.

This early in the season, UAB's defense is not going to be nearly well conditioned enough to handle 81 plays per game. They don't have the depth to substitute and will be on oxygen tanks by the middle of the 3rd quarter.

3. Why is it fair to look at UAB's performance last year but not UM's last year? On UAB- because they have essentially the same team and same staff. On Miami- because there isn't really a historical precedent for a team bringing in the arguably the top dual threat QB in the nation as a transfer and pairing him with a new OC that led an offense that was top 10 in scoring in the nation.

What's new OC have to do with anything? It's not like this is Lashee's first game as an OC. How does UAB prepare for Miami's O with King? That will be interesting.

Is it okay if I believe that UAB is well coached and plays sound defense while also believing that our roster should physically & athletically dominate at the line of scrimmage and in open space? Being a sound defensive team and being beat because your opponent has better athletes is not mutually exclusive. Or is that against CIS rules? 5 years I've been reading this board and haven't figured out all the rules. 52-10.

1. Few people were excited about Enos. I wasn't even cautiously optimistic. Said at the time I was extremely disappointed Diaz chose to stick with the "pro-style" offense instead of taking the opportunity to move to a spread offense.

2. UM doesn't have to fire on all cylinders to stomp UAB. UAB scored over 20 points only twice in their last 7 games, against UTEP and North Texas. They have the same bad QB and same bad OC. Last year, their QB had 17 TDs, 15 INTs, and 59% accuracy. He is horrible.
UAB isn't going to score points. You will probably see Miami take a couple quarters to get in rhythm, and then we will pull away.

This early in the season, UAB's defense is not going to be nearly well conditioned enough to handle 81 plays per game. They don't have the depth to substitute and will be on oxygen tanks by the middle of the 3rd quarter.

3. Why is it fair to look at UAB's performance last year but not UM's last year? On UAB- because they have essentially the same team and same staff. On Miami- because there isn't really a historical precedent for a team bringing in the arguably the top dual threat QB in the nation as a transfer and pairing him with a new OC that led an offense that was top 10 in scoring in the nation.
You lost me at few people were excited about Enos. I remember Lance writing articles about him and being skeptical. Most people on here were pumping sunshine. It was obvious as heck to me watching the spring game something wasn’t right.
People were happy CMR wasn’t calling plays anymore. They thought anyone would be better. Until it wasn’t.
Overall, Lashlee is an exciting hire with a tempo spread. So was Briles at FSU though. Many people here thought he would’ve been a perfect fit and begged for him here.
We don’t know anything thus far.

Advertisement
Back