Over/under UAB

Through my drunken memory, Miami’s defense played pretty dang good and gave up one the TDs late? Look if we have any type of offense we should be fine.
You are correct. The game was 7-0 until late in the 4th quarter. By then I was already drunker than Dennis Erickson and doing my best not to throw a beer through my TV set.

Advertisement
You lost me at few people were excited about Enos. I remember Lance writing articles about him and being skeptical. Most people on here were pumping sunshine. It was obvious as heck to me watching the spring game something wasn’t right.
People were happy CMR wasn’t calling plays anymore. They thought anyone would be better. Until it wasn’t.
Overall, Lashlee is an exciting hire with a tempo spread. So was Briles at FSU though. Many people here thought he would’ve been a perfect fit and begged for him here.
We don’t know anything thus far.

I must have missed the part where FSU had a QB that was #1 in points responsible for per game.

I'd hazard a guess that the venn diagram showing dummies that were excited about Enos and pu$$ies who are afraid of UAB has a lot of overlap.

I'll admit that I expected more from Enos. He professed spread concepts and appeared to be looking to make a name for himself. I was cautiously optimistic then and I have to admit that I expect more from Lashlee than I did from Enos.

Advertisement
Mostly from R queries out of CFBScrapR or I'll scrape my own from College Football Reference. Sports Info & Statistics has some nice stuff at times.

Also, Pro Football Reference has made some of their college data accessible as well.
I'm just starting to use more R for both classes and work. Thank you.

You lost me at few people were excited about Enos. I remember Lance writing articles about him and being skeptical. Most people on here were pumping sunshine. It was obvious as heck to me watching the spring game something wasn’t right.
People were happy CMR wasn’t calling plays anymore. They thought anyone would be better. Until it wasn’t.
Overall, Lashlee is an exciting hire with a tempo spread. So was Briles at FSU though. Many people here thought he would’ve been a perfect fit and begged for him here.
We don’t know anything thus far.
I heard spread coast and got out the lotion. Oh well I’ll eat crow

Is it okay if I believe that UAB is well coached and plays sound defense while also believing that our roster should physically & athletically dominate at the line of scrimmage and in open space? Being a sound defensive team and being beat because your opponent has better athletes is not mutually exclusive. Or is that against CIS rules? 5 years I've been reading this board and haven't figured out all the rules. 52-10.
Glad to see you bust out your backup account. But he gave it away by volunteering the "5 years I've been reading this board" line. That's what is known as a tell to guys like me.

Advertisement
I don’t know if y’all are trying to set Manny up or what but some of these predictions are ridiculous. I can already see fans bashing him if we don’t score 50+, give up more than a TD and don’t win by 40+.

UAB isn’t Wagner and they’re not a middle of the pack C-USA team. They are, at worst, in the top tier. Definitely better than FIU and I’d argue better than La Tech. Bill Clark is 1 of the better G5 coaches and they have a good, experienced defense. That plus no spring practice and a new O, I won’t be shocked if our offense comes out a little slow and sloppy. I think we will start to pull away in the 3rd and cover the spread but I doubt it’s going to be the 4 quarter cakewalk some of y’all think.

38-17 Canes

I don’t know if y’all are trying to set Manny up or what but some of these predictions are ridiculous. I can already see fans bashing him if we don’t score 50+, give up more than a TD and don’t win by 40+.

UAB isn’t Wagner and they’re not a middle of the pack C-USA team. They are, at worst, in the top tier. Definitely better than FIU and I’d argue better than La Tech. Bill Clark is 1 of the better G5 coaches and they have a good, experienced defense. That plus no spring practice and a new O, I won’t be shocked if our offense comes out a little slow and sloppy. I think we will start to pull away in the 3rd and cover the spread but I doubt it’s going to be the 4 quarter cakewalk some of y’all think.

38-17 Canes
And for as “good” as this “middle of the pack C-USA team” is they still managed to only score 2 points in a loss to Southern Miss last year and 6 points while losing to FAU.

Advertisement

38-17 Canes
You know I love you, my brother in homerism, but you can't get mad at people for being negative and get mad at people for having high expectations. I think we should squash any team full of guys we didn't want. That should be the standard.

Advertisement
UM fans are treating this like they did the App State game. Scared as usual but even more scared after last year. They don't have a player we even recruited let alone tried to sign.

And Bill Clark is the same coach that got dragged by Lame *****in and App State last year. We're building him up like Vince Lombardi, but he's just a dude coaching a bunch of slag.

Yeah - this feels just like the App State game (rhetoric wise). I went back and watched the FAU game and I was wondering where that “good defense” talk was coming from. Lane did what he wanted against them. We better smash this squad, man.

I expect us to get our 2nd and 3rd team good reps down the stretch.

Advertisement
Back