Over/under UAB

Advertisement
UM fans are treating this like they did the App State game. Scared as usual but even more scared after last year. They don't have a player we even recruited let alone tried to sign.

And Bill Clark is the same coach that got dragged by Lame *****in and App State last year. We're building him up like Vince Lombardi, but he's just a dude coaching a bunch of slag.

UAB plays Central Arkansas Thursday night, 7pm on ESPN.

Central Arkansas did not travel home today but are remaining in Alabama until after this game. Will be curious if any COVID issues...
Central Arkansas beat Austin Peay last night 24-17.

UM fans are treating this like they did the App State game. Scared as usual but even more scared after last year. They don't have a player we even recruited let alone tried to sign.

And Bill Clark is the same coach that got dragged by Lame *****in and App State last year. We're building him up like Vince Lombardi, but he's just a dude coaching a bunch of slag.

Never thought I'd see the day where Canes fans would be chewing their fingernails over playing a Conference USA team. I am embarrassed to be rooting for the same team as these soft shouldered nancies.

Advertisement

Yea cause we have lombardi

Never thought I'd see the day where Canes fans would be chewing their fingernails over playing a Conference USA team. I am embarrassed to be rooting for the same team as these soft shouldered nancies.

Nobody is chewing their nails. They’re trying to bring some realism to this board. Expecting a huge blow out in the first game with a new OC and no spring ball is foolish.

We’ll win easy but there will be rust

I can almost guarantee there will be rust, anyone who watches Central Arkansas and Austin Peay last night could see the rust on both teams. It took well into the 3rd quarter before the offenses started kicking it in higher gear. The defenses owed the first half but for a handful of big plays. I would think our game follows suit; that we’ll have to rely on our defense to own the game vs. UAB until King can get comfortable with our TE’s and WR’s. Then the light will come on and things will begin to click.

Advertisement

What did you see last year from this team and staff that makes you believe that we can blow out anyone on our schedule? I understand it's a new offense, but frankly that's part of the issue. There are bound to be mistakes from this offense for the first couple of games. I think we win, but I expect a 28-17 type game.

48 points

FAU put up 49 on these guys the last game of the season. This should be an easy bet.

My question is us putting up 40+?
I’m all in.
Difficult to say with so much change from last year's disaster of a squad.

Basically have to evaluate "what would Lashlee do against UAB if he were still at SMU" and then adjust +/- based on wild *** guesses how current Canes roster will fit into his system.

Huge improvement from last year if they [Canes] muster 24+ on O. A small step in right direction IF they outscore UAB by 24+ as well.

Last edited:
Advertisement
It’ll be interesting to see. Past OC’s have shown a desire to “work on things” in games like these. That has often resulted in games being far more competitive than they should be (and even some catastrophic losses).

You’ll know Miami is on their way to being back when they dominate games like this one from start to finish and really push to blow teams out.

I do statistical studies on sports as a means for practicing on whatever degree/certification I’m studying for at the moment (more fun and interesting that way) and what I find is that how much a team dominates their opponents is a better predictor than most of the fancy metrics.

As a quick example, look at scores of games that Alabama has against lesser opponents, they’re almost always complete destructions, whereas the pre-Brady LSU games would be closer scores even though they always win.

This is a litmus test game and I believe Miami benefits a lot more by establishing that dominance from game one than they do by “saving anything from film.”

Just my opinion.
What planet do you come from?

PLEASE tell me you are the vanguard of the follow-on forces.

PLEASE.

Hahahahaha.

LT shut us out 14-0 in the bowl last year and UAB beat LT 20-14 last year. Yes , I'm scared !! Very scared !! The law of transgressionism is no joke !

Advertisement
Game will be closer than we would have liked due to rust and first game jitters. UAB will come ready to play, so I hope we don’t take them lightly.

I’m gonna say 31-16.

And yes...until I see progress with my own eyes, I’m going to continue to be dealing with PTSD when it comes to this team.

Scared, no. Concerned yes, cause no one knows what team shows up. But I forgot we went 11-1 last year with a close loss to Clemson. Smdh
14-0 La Tech

Scared, no. Concerned yes, cause no one knows what team shows up. But I forgot we went 11-1 last year with a close loss to Clemson. Smdh
14-0 La Tech

That was last year. I'm not going to recap all the changes between last season and this season. Absolutely zero reason to assume that this year will go the same as last year unless you are a big ol' pu$$y.

The theories of holding back and not showing our hand is bull****. We must beat them. If the season goes south manny will be kicking rocks after Florida state. He could take all his secrets to the unemployment line.
48-10.

Advertisement
Back