Over Under on how many games we win?

The amount of fan on fan violence on here is...well...

Perplexing to say the least, but it furthers the stereotype of what the Nation thinks of SoFla and residents to begin with...but I digress

For those of you calling for 9+ wins (and anything less is total failure only remedied by Richt's immediate dismissal), could you walk me through your thesis of how those wins come about? I mean something besides "we gotz ridz of Fatz Albert" or "buh bye to that cortch D-No".

Here's my thesis for 8 wins (no coastal and a bowl win included):

- Team is likely much better coached and prepared top to bottom with a staff that is installing 80s Canes philosophy (now called SEC football) minus the out of control penalties
- Games against FSU, ND, amd UNC should he closer, but still will likely result in losses
- Games against Pitt, NC State, and VTech are likely toss ups
- IF all likely losses + 33% loss rate in toss ups, that would account 4 losses...add in another stumble...

How exactly do the '16 campaign Canes get to 9+ wins, let alone coastal?

- Until proven otherwise, the OL unit isn't even elite for DII, let alone the ACC, SEC, PAC 12 etc...name a single starter on the OL that would he a lock to start on any top 10 squad from last year
- I think the concerns at LB and DB are overblown...and the the DL appears to be improving..even last year...

I've always offered Miami's decline the last 10+ years has not really been anything other than OL and DL schemes/play. If/when Miami (or any other team) can field consistent top 5 play in both those units, it will be amazing to see how "elite" every other position on the team becomes

It all starts and stops with OL amd DL play. Until they get fixed, 8 wins is a norm...or worse.

Now with the above said, IF this coaching staff can improve the production from the OL and DL because truly, the previous staff was really that incompetent and drove down the players in those units, then yes, 9+ wins is possible. But that needsto be proven against other top quality teams and not based on anything seen in practice.

So again, walk me through how they get to 9+ wins in '16?

Because we won 8 games with the worst staff in CFB, and we have a better team this year.

You can cry and complain about it all you want, but my Miami Hurricanes win 10 games in 2016

Who os crying and complaining?

Just walk me through how the Canes win 9+ games? And "we won 8 with the worst staff ever" is t really an answer is it?

9 is very possible. Let's just say losses to fsu, nd, and some other team. Unc won't win 11 games this year and I think uga beats them to open up the season. Unc plays fsu this year too.

Advertisement
The amount of fan on fan violence on here is...well...

Perplexing to say the least, but it furthers the stereotype of what the Nation thinks of SoFla and residents to begin with...but I digress

For those of you calling for 9+ wins (and anything less is total failure only remedied by Richt's immediate dismissal), could you walk me through your thesis of how those wins come about? I mean something besides "we gotz ridz of Fatz Albert" or "buh bye to that cortch D-No".

Here's my thesis for 8 wins (no coastal and a bowl win included):

- Team is likely much better coached and prepared top to bottom with a staff that is installing 80s Canes philosophy (now called SEC football) minus the out of control penalties
- Games against FSU, ND, amd UNC should he closer, but still will likely result in losses
- Games against Pitt, NC State, and VTech are likely toss ups
- IF all likely losses + 33% loss rate in toss ups, that would account 4 losses...add in another stumble...

How exactly do the '16 campaign Canes get to 9+ wins, let alone coastal?

- Until proven otherwise, the OL unit isn't even elite for DII, let alone the ACC, SEC, PAC 12 etc...name a single starter on the OL that would he a lock to start on any top 10 squad from last year
- I think the concerns at LB and DB are overblown...and the the DL appears to be improving..even last year...

I've always offered Miami's decline the last 10+ years has not really been anything other than OL and DL schemes/play. If/when Miami (or any other team) can field consistent top 5 play in both those units, it will be amazing to see how "elite" every other position on the team becomes

It all starts and stops with OL amd DL play. Until they get fixed, 8 wins is a norm...or worse.

Now with the above said, IF this coaching staff can improve the production from the OL and DL because truly, the previous staff was really that incompetent and drove down the players in those units, then yes, 9+ wins is possible. But that needsto be proven against other top quality teams and not based on anything seen in practice.

So again, walk me through how they get to 9+ wins in '16?

Because we won 8 games with the worst staff in CFB, and we have a better team this year.

You can cry and complain about it all you want, but my Miami Hurricanes win 10 games in 2016

Who os crying and complaining?

Just walk me through how the Canes win 9+ games? And "we won 8 with the worst staff ever" is t really an answer is it?

9 is very possible. Let's just say losses to fsu, nd, and some other team. Unc won't win 11 games this year and I think uga beats them to open up the season. Unc plays fsu this year too.

I might end up eating these words, but I think UNC is going to repeat the same success they had last year. Their new QB, who was last year's back up is a mature senior and overall is a better QB than Marquis Williams. Maybe I'm worng, but I wouldn't sleep on UNC just uet...especially if I were UGA.

Can you imagine thenhowls from Atlanta if UNC beats UGA???

Miami will win one more game than they would have with Golden, and one less than they would have with Butch.

Anything less than 10 wins would be a disappointment. Our schedule this year is comparable to last year's. We have a better coaching staff. We should win two more games.

We have more talent and better coaching than everyone on our schedule except maybe ND and FSU. Barring injury to important players, we need to win at least 10 games.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back