Over Under on how many games we win?

Everyone quickly forgets we were a Dook miracle and an OT escape from a 6 win season.

Be happy if we win 9.

The Vegas O/U will be around 8

Advertisement
Everyone quickly forgets we were a Dook miracle and an OT escape from a 6 win season.

Be happy if we win 9.

In both games, we gave up leads they we had no business giving up. We had crap for coaches.

Those are the facts.

11 wins

Be happy if we win 9.

Everyone quickly forgets that every team has a couple close wins every year. They also forget the only reason it took a miracle to beat Puke was because we got jobbed on a bunch of penalty calls at the end of the game.

I will say 9 as the minimum. This team has a lot of weaknesses but with the schedule should at least get 9.

Advertisement
We won 8 games last year, so I see NO reason why a team that returns this much talent shouldn't win more than that. 8 wins is a huge failure, especially with a schedule that is weaker than last year.
All depends on how improved the defense is. As well as the offensive line. Marginal improvement - 8 wins
Drastic improvement - 10 wins

No, Richt didn't inherit that big of a mess. He inherited a team ready to make a run in the ACC. Al Golden inherited a mess, and even his sorry butt built a team that should have won the Coastal in that 3-5 year period. Richt will turn this thing around in a hurry. 3-5 years? Seriously? Richt isn't inheriting a team on massive probation, but a talented team that needed a new coaching staff. Well, they got it. No way it takes 3-5 to win big.
Richt inherited a mess. De-Goldenizing this team will probably take 3-5 years. By then we will get decent recruiting classes and expect ten win seasons as a minimum. Right now I think the best we can do is not lose more than 3-4 games a season. Hopefully we will have a competitive team in all our games, but a few injuries in key areas would really hurt this paper-thin team. Blame the previous "staph's" abysmal recruiting at key positions like DT and CB. If any of the players we have at those positions gets hurt, we will suffer for it big time.

I will say 9 as the minimum. This team has a lot of weaknesses but with the schedule should at least get 9.

Please explain those weaknesses.

- A QB with zero scrambling ability
- A RB who avr 3.5 a carry and gets significant playing time--No elite backs
- A suspect OL who has not proven they can run block vs ACC teams
- No elite speed at WR (Richt)
- A D that has yet to prove they can get to the QB (#64 in 2015) or stop the run (#103 in 2015)
-A secondary that lost their best player and lacks CB depth

My guess (not including post season) is that the odds will look something like this

Clear Favorites (3-0):
Florida A&M
FAU
At App state

Marginal favorites (3-1):
Pitt
At Virginia
At NC State
Duke

Coin Flips (2-1):
at GaTech
UNC
at VaTech

Underdogs (0-2):
FSU
at ND

Y ya'll scared of ND? And if we hung w FSU for two years str8, losing due to deplorable coaching and horrible half time adjustments, you don't think Richt and better coaching don't get them this year? We should win 10 easy.

Advertisement
If we don't win 10 games its a complete failure. We just won 8 games with Golden/Scott

We had to play Clemson last season which was an auto loss before the season started. We should be playing 1 extra game this year (ACCCG)

We could realistically go 10-4 and even then I would consider it a fail. But if you don't think this roster has the talent to win 10 football game then idk what to tell you. They only need to win 7 games actually since our first 3 games are against cupcakes.

Over Under on how many games we win this year not including the bowl game: Set at 9 wins.
I think many people are not understanding how hard it is for a team to learn a different system every year. This is Brad's 3rd offense and there will be some growing pains for sure.
The problem with changing schemes usually comes from terminology. Richt said he was using the same terms they are used to. This is overstated. If Brad Kaaya can leave high school and win a QB job in one summer, he will be alright moving on from a bum like Coley to Richt.

All depends on how improved the defense is. As well as the offensive line. Marginal improvement - 8 wins
Drastic improvement - 10 wins
Sorry if we win 8 games we haven't improved. UNC lost their QB and we dropped Clemson, FSU is at home. Marginal improvement gives you 9/10. Drastic improvement, over that.

Richt inherited a mess. De-Goldenizing this team will probably take 3-5 years. By then we will get decent recruiting classes and expect ten win seasons as a minimum. Right now I think the best we can do is not lose more than 3-4 games a season. Hopefully we will have a competitive team in all our games, but a few injuries in key areas would really hurt this paper-thin team. Blame the previous "staph's" abysmal recruiting at key positions like DT and CB. If any of the players we have at those positions gets hurt, we will suffer for it big time.
Ur sipping lean typing that dumb $h!t

Advertisement

- A QB with zero scrambling ability
- A RB who avr 3.5 a carry and gets significant playing time--No elite backs
- A suspect OL who has not proven they can run block vs ACC teams
- No elite speed at WR (Richt)
- A D that has yet to prove they can get to the QB (#64 in 2015) or stop the run (#103 in 2015)
-A secondary that lost their best player and lacks CB depth
Those are last year's weaknesses that's why the old staph infection is gone. Antibiotics

1. Questionable o-line
2. Questionable d-line
3. Big problems at cb
4. Questions at wr outside of coley.
5. Questions at Lb

What teams on our schedule don't have any weaknesses? You could put together a list of at least 5 weaknesses for every one of our opponents.

Advertisement
No, Richt didn't inherit that big of a mess. He inherited a team ready to make a run in the ACC. Al Golden inherited a mess, and even his sorry butt built a team that should have won the Coastal in that 3-5 year period. Richt will turn this thing around in a hurry. 3-5 years? Seriously? Richt isn't inheriting a team on massive probation, but a talented team that needed a new coaching staff. Well, they got it. No way it takes 3-5 to win big.

alot of people blow this **** out of proportion

we have some kids, that were taught bad

which is better than not having the kids

we have enough talent for richt to easily win 10 games

Easily? Fsu is loaded on both sides. If them ****ers can get at least solid qb play they have enough to go to playoffs.

Nd is good and have 2 good qbs. They need to replace a few guys but they have recruited very well.

Unc will still be pretty good on offense with hood and 3 of their top wrs returning.

I believe they are the 3 toughest opponents on the schedule and it's a chance they could catch Ls in all three. I believe they beat unc this year tho.

And if we could nearly beat them the last two years when they had a QB, with the worst HC in college football, why can't we beat them now???

Easily? Fsu is loaded on both sides. If them ****ers can get at least solid qb play they have enough to go to playoffs.

Nd is good and have 2 good qbs. They need to replace a few guys but they have recruited very well.

Unc will still be pretty good on offense with hood and 3 of their top wrs returning.

I believe they are the 3 toughest opponents on the schedule and it's a chance they could catch Ls in all three. I believe they beat unc this year tho.

You must be joking. If it takes Richt 3-5 years to "De-Goldenize" this team then he is garbage. What Richt inherited was a decent amount of talent consisting of players chomping at the bit to be let loose and yearning to be led by a competent staff. In 3 years we better be in the playoff conversation if not sooner.

Advertisement
Back