Over Under on how many games we win?

This right here is a prime example of the porsters on this site. Utterly clueless about CFB and the team they follow. Same tools that were supporting Golden all those years.

Richt inherited a mess. De-Goldenizing this team will probably take 3-5 years. By then we will get decent recruiting classes and expect ten win seasons as a minimum. Right now I think the best we can do is not lose more than 3-4 games a season. Hopefully we will have a competitive team in all our games, but a few injuries in key areas would really hurt this paper-thin team. Blame the previous "staph's" abysmal recruiting at key positions like DT and CB. If any of the players we have at those positions gets hurt, we will suffer for it big time.

Advertisement
There are two teams we play against with superior talent and depth than us: FSU and Notre Dame. Richt is not known for dropping games against inferior teams (the statistics were on here when he was first hired and his win % was extremely high) and I don't think he will start now.

It is very reasonable to expect 10 wins. We hired Richt because he is a winner. We didn't hire him so that we could make excuses for another 5 years like we did with the last 2 coaches.

We should be in every game and they should be contested all the way till late in the 4th quarter. It wouldn't surprise me if we won 11 or even 12 games. Winning is contagious and if we get on a run who knows. We have a legitimate staff that can make 2nd half adjustments. That will be huge.

Everyone quickly forgets we were a Dook miracle and an OT escape from a 6 win season.

Be happy if we win 9.

The Vegas O/U will be around 8

Another football chick.

Doesn't understand that you can add/subtract wins by playing the "what if" or "everyone forgets" game with every single team in the Top 25.

I'll be happy if we win 10. You can take your low expectations and shove them up your ***.

There are two teams we play against with superior talent and depth than us: FSU and Notre Dame. Richt is not known for dropping games against inferior teams (the statistics were on here when he was first hired and his win % was extremely high) and I don't think he will start now.

It is very reasonable to expect 10 wins. We hired Richt because he is a winner. We didn't hire him so that we could make excuses for another 5 years like we did with the last 2 coaches.

We should be in every game and they should be contested all the way till late in the 4th quarter. It wouldn't surprise me if we won 11 or even 12 games. Winning is contagious and if we get on a run who knows. We have a legitimate staff that can make 2nd half adjustments. That will be huge.
Yep, that is exactly what I expect. We have more than enough talent to not get blown out in big games and to win all of the rest. And all it takes is a few bounces that go our way to win either/both FSU and ND. Us getting blown out the last few years wasn't because the players were that inferior. It was because we were witnessing the worst display of coaching most of us have probably ever seen in our lives, in any sport, at any level.

Not a single team in our division has more "talent" than we do, despite our talent level being "down." That's irrefutable.

Last edited:
Everyone quickly forgets we were a Dook miracle and an OT escape from a 6 win season.

Be happy if we win 9.

Another football chick.

Doesn't understand that you can add/subtract wins by playing the "what if" or "everyone forgets" game with every single team in the Top 25.

I'll be happy if we win 10. You can take your low expectations and shove them up your ***.

Exactly. These poor-mouthing limp-wristed nitwits think the "what if" **** only applies to UM and only applies in a negative manner. What if the officials didn't blow several game-extending calls at the end of the Puke game? Then we wouldn't have even heard about that miracle finish.

You are what your record says you are. We won 8 last year. If we can't improve to 10 this year, then it's a fail. Didn't that sorry *** **** program UNC win 11 last year in the same division? Was anyone predicting that? If they can win 11, then we can win 10. Quit being sissies.

Advertisement

Be happy if we win 9.

Another football chick.

Exactly. These poor-mouthing limp-wristed nitwits think the "what if" **** only applies to UM and only applies in a negative manner. What if the officials didn't blow several game-extending calls at the end of the Puke game? Then we wouldn't have even heard about that miracle finish.

You are what your record says you are. We won 8 last year. If we can't improve to 10 this year, then it's a fail. Didn't that sorry *** **** program UNC win 11 last year in the same division? Was anyone predicting that? If they can win 11, then we can win 10. Quit being sissies.
Yeah, like 11 straight pass interference penalties. I've never seen anything quite like that before.

Solid point re: UNC. I'd love to hear the chicken littles opine on that situation.

My guess (not including post season) is that the odds will look something like this

Clear Favorites (3-0):
Florida A&M
FAU
At App state

Marginal favorites (3-1):
Pitt
At Virginia
At NC State
Duke

Coin Flips (2-1):
at GaTech
UNC
at VaTech

Underdogs (0-2):
FSU
at ND

Y ya'll scared of ND? And if we hung w FSU for two years str8, losing due to deplorable coaching and horrible half time adjustments, you don't think Richt and better coaching don't get them this year? We should win 10 easy.

What part of the bolded portion suggests any of what you just said?

Your right about talent but it's not only about talent. Imagine if corn,grace,aqm or coley gets hurt. The player behind them is a huge drop off.

Yep, that is exactly what I expect. We have more than enough talent to not get blown out in big games and to win all of the rest. And all it takes is a few bounces that go our way to win either/both FSU and ND. Us getting blown out the last few years wasn't because the players were that inferior. It was because we were witnessing the worst display of coaching most of us have probably ever seen in our lives, in any sport, at any level.

Not a single team in our division has more "talent" than we do, despite our talent level being "down." That's irrefutable.

Advertisement
Your right about talent but it's not only about talent. Imagine if corn,grace,aqm or coley gets hurt. The player behind them is a huge drop off.

And all of our opponents have superstar backups right?

Real talk...

I would guess the Vegas line for us will be about 7.5 wins.

Our o-line isn't very good, our running backs are not up to the standard, our WR are slow, and our defense has all kinds of holes (CB, LB, defensive line)

Personally I'd guess we win 6 or 7 games.

Real talk...

Our o-line isn't very good, our running backs are not up to the standard, our WR are slow, and our defense has all kinds of holes (CB, LB, defensive line)

lol what? dude we are gonna have 3 wins before september is done. if vegas sets the line at 7.5 then put your life savings on it.

We beat FSU this year. Better play calls, a more mature B. Kaaya, and an aggressive D! We win :)

Advertisement
My guess (not including post season) is that the odds will look something like this

Clear Favorites (3-0):
Florida A&M
FAU
At App state

Marginal favorites (3-1):
Pitt
At Virginia
At NC State
Duke

Coin Flips (2-1):
at GaTech
UNC
at VaTech

Underdogs (0-2):
FSU
at ND

Y ya'll scared of ND? And if we hung w FSU for two years str8, losing due to deplorable coaching and horrible half time adjustments, you don't think Richt and better coaching don't get them this year? We should win 10 easy.

What part of the bolded portion suggests any of what you just said?

Uh, did I not say "ya'll?" Maybe b/c many, like you, feel we'll lose that game. Don't get ur question.

We won't be zone blocking with fat guys.

We'll be playing balls out until the whistle blows.

We'll be taking the chains off our rushing defense.

10 wins minimum. And we beat FSU this year - This coaching staff will be taking a few risks and pouring it on to win this one.

Well, Miami won 8 games with perhaps the worst coaching staff the program possibly ever had.

2016 boasts an elite level (on paper) coaching staff. Defense under Diaz could be top 10/15 with his aggressive system and available talent. Richts play calling will be the best since Chud was calling them.

I say Miami is +2 from last season and pulls out 10 wins. 9 regular season + bowl win.

Advertisement
The amount of fan on fan violence on here is...well...

Perplexing to say the least, but it furthers the stereotype of what the Nation thinks of SoFla and residents to begin with...but I digress

For those of you calling for 9+ wins (and anything less is total failure only remedied by Richt's immediate dismissal), could you walk me through your thesis of how those wins come about? I mean something besides "we gotz ridz of Fatz Albert" or "buh bye to that cortch D-No".

Here's my thesis for 8 wins (no coastal and a bowl win included):

- Team is likely much better coached and prepared top to bottom with a staff that is installing 80s Canes philosophy (now called SEC football) minus the out of control penalties
- Games against FSU, ND, amd UNC should he closer, but still will likely result in losses
- Games against Pitt, NC State, and VTech are likely toss ups
- IF all likely losses + 33% loss rate in toss ups, that would account 4 losses...add in another stumble...

How exactly do the '16 campaign Canes get to 9+ wins, let alone coastal?

- Until proven otherwise, the OL unit isn't even elite for DII, let alone the ACC, SEC, PAC 12 etc...name a single starter on the OL that would he a lock to start on any top 10 squad from last year
- I think the concerns at LB and DB are overblown...and the the DL appears to be improving..even last year...

I've always offered Miami's decline the last 10+ years has not really been anything other than OL and DL schemes/play. If/when Miami (or any other team) can field consistent top 5 play in both those units, it will be amazing to see how "elite" every other position on the team becomes

It all starts and stops with OL amd DL play. Until they get fixed, 8 wins is a norm...or worse.

Now with the above said, IF this coaching staff can improve the production from the OL and DL because truly, the previous staff was really that incompetent and drove down the players in those units, then yes, 9+ wins is possible. But that needsto be proven against other top quality teams and not based on anything seen in practice.

So again, walk me through how they get to 9+ wins in '16?

Real talk...

Oh look, another Nole troll who signed up because he has nothing better to do with his life.

Our DL is a weakness? Uh, yeah, ok. At least if you're going to troll, put a little effort into it

Perplexing to say the least, but it furthers the stereotype of what the Nation thinks of SoFla and residents to begin with...but I digress

For those of you calling for 9+ wins (and anything less is total failure only remedied by Richt's immediate dismissal), could you walk me through your thesis of how those wins come about? I mean something besides "we gotz ridz of Fatz Albert" or "buh bye to that cortch D-No".

- Team is likely much better coached and prepared top to bottom with a staff that is installing 80s Canes philosophy (now called SEC football) minus the out of control penalties
- Games against FSU, ND, amd UNC should he closer, but still will likely result in losses
- IF all likely losses + 33% loss rate in toss ups, that would account 4 losses...add in another stumble...

- Until proven otherwise, the OL unit isn't even elite for DII, let alone the ACC, SEC, PAC 12 etc...name a single starter on the OL that would he a lock to start on any top 10 squad from last year
- I think the concerns at LB and DB are overblown...and the the DL appears to be improving..even last year...

I've always offered Miami's decline the last 10+ years has not really been anything other than OL and DL schemes/play. If/when Miami (or any other team) can field consistent top 5 play in both those units, it will be amazing to see how "elite" every other position on the team becomes

It all starts and stops with OL amd DL play. Until they get fixed, 8 wins is a norm...or worse.

Now with the above said, IF this coaching staff can improve the production from the OL and DL because truly, the previous staff was really that incompetent and drove down the players in those units, then yes, 9+ wins is possible. But that needsto be proven against other top quality teams and not based on anything seen in practice.

Because we won 8 games with the worst staff in CFB, and we have a better team this year.

You can cry and complain about it all you want, but my Miami Hurricanes win 10 games in 2016

Because we won 8 games with the worst staff in CFB, and we have a better team this year.

You can cry and complain about it all you want, but my Miami Hurricanes win 10 games in 2016

Who os crying and complaining?

Just walk me through how the Canes win 9+ games? And "we won 8 with the worst staff ever" is t really an answer is it?

Advertisement
Back