OV Weekend #1 June 4-6

Seems like crootin momentum is moving back to Coral Gables wrt the likeness image and name...

There is nothing better in sports than when Miami is rolling and on top of the mountain...

As good as Bama has been they are sterile and boring for most fans nationwide...

Miami was never that...

No doubt, it's awesome when we're good, but we may be the only people (fans) who care when we're rolling. The rest of the nation wants to see us where we've been and that's piling up losses looking nothing like our powerhouse years. It's like us with Notre Dame. We want to see them lose and lose every game. Nobody here would say football is better when they're good.

I don't think Bama is boring to watch. I like good football. I don't want to see them win, but I like seeing quality teams execute the game the way it's meant to be played. It's fine by me if they lose.

What's boring or sterile as you said is this playoff system. The same five or six teams are in it yearly. That isn't their fault, they did what they had to. I looked forward to most of the games in a match up sense, but getting some different teams in would certainly ramp up the appeal.

Wish the bowls had more variety as well. Seems there's a lot of semi regular match ups and that's due to the bowl tie ins with the conferences.

Anyhow hope we get back to it. I know darn well that if we did, the rest of the nation would watch to hopefully see us lose.

Advertisement

my boy Carlton Banks comin
58wT.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Hosts for the weekend:

Malik Agbo = Jake Garcia
Trequon Fegans = Keshawn Smith
Quentel Jones = Nesta Silvera
Chris Graves = Malik Curtis (Graves said he also spent alot of time with Jake Garcia)
Jordan Allen = Jaylen Harrell
Anthony Jones = Bubba Bolden
Omar Graham = TBD- nothing written yet

Advertisement
Graves: Miami in top 5. Plans to announce those top 5 soon. Spent most time with DVD. Also said he felt no pressure to commit. Was told to enjoy the process.

He has other visits planned to South Carolina, LSU, Alabama, Florida, Oklahoma and “maybe” Florida State.

South Carolina, LSU and Florida are official visits in June, with Alabama unofficial. Oklahoma will be a fall official visit.

He said he may be ready to make a decision and announce by his first game this fall..

Jordan Allen: Blown away by the campus and family atmosphere. Said Miami set the bar for his other visits. Really saw Miami in a different light and what they could do for him and his career.

Next weekend Allen goes to Louisville and that will be followed by visits to Penn State and Tennessee.

He said he talked to Harrell about school and other stuff. He thought Harrell was really "cool" and that he told him it would be a good fit.

Hopes to make a decision after visits and before season starts

Hosts for the weekend:

Malik Agbo = Jake Garcia
Trequon Fegans = Keshawn Smith
Quentel Jones = Nesta Silvera
Chris Graves = Malik Curtis (Graves said he also spent alot of time with Jake Garcia)
Jordan Allen = Jaylen Harrell
Anthony Jones = Bubba Bolden
Omar Graham = TBD- nothing written yet
Seemed like Graham was quiet all weekend. Maybe his host was someone like Amari, who doesn't say much on social media.

Advertisement
Trequon Fegans: Told Rivals the visit moved the CAnes up in his picture.
“The visit was more than I expected,” Fegans said. “The players are real and so are the coaches.”

DVD has been his lead recruiter but it sounds like both TRob and DVD spent time with him. He said the coaches told him "it wasn't going to be easy -he would have to plan to come in and work hard to get what he wants". He also spoke alot to Manny who told him very similar things.

Fegans has upcoming June visits remaining to Florida and South Carolina. He says he remains open but that Miami stands 'very high" in his recruitment.

Quentel Jones: Said he "had the time of his life".

Miami factors very high right now. He has visits planned to Wisconsin and Tennessee but he says "miami knows what is going on"

Jones was hosted by Nesta , who told him to pick the right school, make the best decision for him. Seems like he and NEsta really hit it off.

Jones spent alot of time with Jess Simpson. He said “Before the visit me in coach Simpson were always talking, always texting,” Jones said. “I mean, we built that bond before I got here. So once I got here and so everything, it was great. We just kept on building that bond.”

Jones took the visit with his two uncles.

Seemed like Graham was quiet all weekend. Maybe his host was someone like Amari, who doesn't say much on social media.
He told Rivals he spent alot of time with Agbo. I think you could be right that his host was an upperclassman. He said that Agbo is very outgoing and really enjoyed himself. Agbo's parents were really nice and they bonded well with Graham's mom.

Advertisement
Back