OV Weekend #1 June 4-6

1622999483867.png

1622999497099.png

1622999513843.png

Advertisement
Quentel Jones: Said he "had the time of his life".

Miami factors very high right now. He has visits planned to Wisconsin and Tennessee but he says "miami knows what is going on"

Jones was hosted by Nesta , who told him to pick the right school, make the best decision for him. Seems like he and NEsta really hit it off.

Jones spent alot of time with Jess Simpson. He said “Before the visit me in coach Simpson were always talking, always texting,” Jones said. “I mean, we built that bond before I got here. So once I got here and so everything, it was great. We just kept on building that bond.”

Jones took the visit with his two uncles.

Advertisement
Ja’Wuan James charters us probably half a dozen times in the off-season, have got to know him a bit, great dude. When I asked him why he went to Tennessee he said literally because he wanted to play for Lane Kiffin.

Was a 5 star and 2nd ranked OT coming out of High School only to Seantrel Henderson, could’ve gone anywhere but went there just because of Lane.
Was Lane’s wife acting like Jimbo’s wife back then?

Jordan Allen: Blown away by the campus and family atmosphere. Said Miami set the bar for his other visits. Really saw Miami in a different light and what they could do for him and his career.

Next weekend Allen goes to Louisville and that will be followed by visits to Penn State and Tennessee.

He said he talked to Harrell about school and other stuff. He thought Harrell was really "cool" and that he told him it would be a good fit.

Hopes to make a decision after visits and before season starts
Notice that 5th official visit was left in the chamber??? I did.....wonder oh wonder who he could be holding that final OV slot for? IMO coaches aren't holding a spot for this kid, if LSU comes calling, he gone

Notice that 5th official visit was left in the chamber??? I did.....wonder oh wonder who he could be holding that final OV slot for? IMO coaches aren't holding a spot for this kid, if LSU comes calling, he gone

Based on their public behavior and comments, Graves and Rogers look the most locked in. Fegans after them. I worry about Spells and agree we need to be wary about Allen and a late offer.

Agree, but unless LSU loses one of their three top 300 corner commits they won't come calling. His only chance of being an LSU Tiger is playing safety.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Omar Graham:

His host was Corey Flagg. He said he really enjoyed his visit and that Corey was really attentive, answering all his questions and just telling him stuff. He said he had never been down to South Beach - spent his life up in Broward so that was pretty cool to him. As was all the food.

" I felt Miami set a high bar for all the visits. A lot of schools are going to have to come hard to top that.”

He has OVs planned for FSU, Penn State and Auburn in June although he may push the Auburn trip back.
He was hoping to make a decision in July but that might get pushed back, he doesn't know.

Spent alot of time with coach Patke - said he had a great time getting to know him better, cracking jokes, etc. He also said all the re cruits really got along and they had a good time with each other.

Graham took the visit with his aunt, father, cousin and little brother.
He said his top three are Miami, Florida State and Penn State.

“They are all equal right now, but after these three visits I will know the difference from all of them. Miami has the upper hand because I got to visit and they set the bar high.”

Sounds like a first great OV weekend (but who isn't having good visits this time of year?). The best part is we got some good to elite OOS kids on campus (Agbo, Allen, Fegans, Jones'). This at least puts us in play for them (never know with class size, real offers, wins/losses, lots of factors can make us a player at a certain point) and we know the local kids will come through soon or during the week.

Advertisement
Back