Outside the box coaching candidates?

jmiller

Redshirt Freshman
Mario, Stoops, Schiano, O'brien, Kiffin, Pittman and Fickell all say no. Now name 5 candidates who you'd like to see us go after.

Advertisement
Go after NFL coaches that may be tired of their situations:

1. Sean Payton - makes $9M a year and can't be psyched about Jameis as his QB
2. Mike Zimmer - makes $4M and always on hot seat in Minnesota. Hard ***, defensive coach, makes playoffs with mediocre talent.
3. Doug Pederson - was making $4M for Eagles. Somehow won SB with below avg talent. Would be OC too.
4. Kyle Shanahan - signed extension paying $3.5M a year. Has **** QBs. Would be OC too.

Ridiculous how we could offer $5M a year a give 3 of the 4 guys pay raises on top of no state income tax in FL.

Almost as important would be the coaching trees they have access to for bringing on quality assistants .... one of the many problems Manny has had is as a new coach he gets low budget assistants.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Go after NFL coaches that may be tired of their situations:

1. Sean Payton - makes $9M a year and can't be psyched about Jameis as his QB
2. Mike Zimmer - makes $4M and always on hot seat in Minnesota. Hard ***, defensive coach, makes playoffs with mediocre talent.
3. Doug Pederson - was making $4M for Eagles. Somehow won SB with below avg talent. Could be OC too.
4. Kyle Shanahan - signed extension paying $3.5M a year. Has **** QBs. Would be OC too.

Ridiculous how we could offer $5M a year a give 3 of the 4 guys pay raises on top of no state income tax in FL.

Almost as important would be the coaching trees they have access to for bringing on quality assistants .... one of the many problems Manny has had is as a new coach he gets low budget assistants.
Good ideas. I’ll throw a few other similar names out.

1. Andy Reid - His QB sucks and his team doesn’t look great.
2. Bill Belichick - Hasn’t been the same since Tom left. He could look at Miami as a chance to reclaim his name.
3. Mike Tomlin - Ben is old and that offense is struggling. May be looking for a fresh start.
4. Ted Lasso - Worked wonders at Richmond. Didn’t even play the sport and really turned that program around. Young up and comer.
5. Coach Eric Taylor - His first season at Dillon was magical. Would be a great QB guru.

Advertisement
And if you want another FSU hire, I'd say Big Jelly Dixon

Good ideas. I’ll throw a few other similar names out.

1. Andy Reid - His QB sucks and his team doesn’t look great.
2. Bill Belichick - Hasn’t been the same since Tom left. He could look at Miami as a chance to reclaim his name.
3. Mike Tomlin - Ben is old and that offense is struggling. May be looking for a fresh start.
4. Ted Lasso - Worked wonders at Richmond. Didn’t even play the sport and really turned that program around. Young up and comer.
5. Coach Eric Taylor - His first season at Dillon was magical. Would be a great QB guru.
I always thought Mike Tomlin would be a great college coach.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back