Outcome of LSU game

I love Malik - I think we have 2 QBs that can take us all the way.

1. Malik. 2nd year as a start. I think he will grow up alot and be much more accurate throwing down feel and he will feel comfortable being the leader that we need. Being a leader that we need him to be. For example calling audibles on his own. Making the throw like he did vs FSU (I dont think richt wanted him throwing to Langham but malik took his shot.)

2. Jarren - I think we all know what type of QB he will be. How fast he can pick up the playbook. We are all seeing and hearing the right things. I think he is the type of QB that can excel under the spotlight. Simular to Alabamas QB last year. Yeah, end of the season but I think Jarren can be the guy with the talent around him.

3. Kosi- I really had hopes but I'm not sure where I stand with him now. Hoping the best. If he can step up and win this battle I'm all behind him. Seems like a tough task to do at this point.

With all this being said what I would like to see is... I think Malik is the guy and he will beat FSU however if the playcalling is good and Malik does not get the job done i would change QB. Prime time game after loosing 3 straight 2nd year as a start being a senior. This is your test. go show me the leader you are.

If he does not well. It is the perfect time. The next 3 games are cake and it will allow the next man up . Kosi or Jarren to get going.

Go Canes

Advertisement
Unsure.

Whoever the #2 QB is - he's really going to need some game snaps this year - and the more - the better.

The ideal situation is to always start a fresh QB that's 'the guy' when he has no game experience whatsoever - regardless of how good he is.

I can't count the number of times that a new starter chokes - maybe due to expectations and pressure - but a kid who no way, no how, was going to play in a game - suddenly had it thrust upon him due to the starter being injured - and they did extremely well - as there was no time to get your nerves wound up - causing a choke.

Advertisement
Rosier is the guy for 2018, plain and simple. He's a 5th year senior who won 10 games last year while beating FSU, Va Tech and Notre Dame. This also gives the guys behind him time to grow and develop. We don't need to rush some freshman into action this year.

Rosier is the guy for 2018, plain and simple. He's a 5th year senior who won 10 games last year while beating FSU, Va Tech and Notre Dame. This also gives the guys behind him time to grow and develop. We don't need to rush some freshman into action this year.
Remember, he's also the QB that lead us to struggles against GT, UNC, Virginia, Pitt, Wisconsin, Clemson.... Oh, and we were losing to Toledo at halftime because he couldn't keep the O on the field.

He very well may start to begin the season, but unless he improves quite a bit over last year, he will not be the starter at the end of the season. A lot of people seem to think senior seasons bring out the best in QBs, but that isn't always the case. Even the great QBs often had worse senior seasons than junior seasons. Why am I to believe a QB with limited skills, who has been exposed as a QB with limited skills, is going to become more accurate, make better decisions, see the whole field, etc.

Yes, he made some good throws last season. Had he made more good throws, we don't have close games against a couple teams we lost to, and we roll those we struggled against. Don't let the 10 wins fool you when judging QB play. Frank Costa won 10 games as well.

Remember, he's also the QB that lead us to struggles against GT, UNC, Virginia, Pitt, Wisconsin, Clemson.... Oh, and we were losing to Toledo at halftime because he couldn't keep the O on the field.

He very well may start to begin the season, but unless he improves quite a bit over last year, he will not be the starter at the end of the season. A lot of people seem to think senior seasons bring out the best in QBs, but that isn't always the case. Even the great QBs often had worse senior seasons than junior seasons. Why am I to believe a QB with limited skills, who has been exposed as a QB with limited skills, is going to become more accurate, make better decisions, see the whole field, etc.

Yes, he made some good throws last season. Had he made more good throws, we don't have close games against a couple teams we lost to, and we roll those we struggled against. Don't let the 10 wins fool you when judging QB play. Frank Costa won 10 games as well.

Really good points. We also were getting scored on as well and you cannot blame that on Malik.

Hopefully more competition will help Malik step up his game to the next level. Nkosi is a year older in the system and Jarren has the goods for a true Frosh.

Evan Sherriefs wasn't exactly scaring Malik last year...

Advertisement
I'm excited for the LSU game bc it's going to reveal the truth at QB and play calling on both sides of the ball.

I can't wait to see it all unfold.

2018 - Malik replaced by Kosi, Kosi replaced by Jarren, Weldon jumps Kosi, we sign Underwood

2019 - Malik gone , Kosi Transfers, Jarren 1, Weldon 2, Underwood 3, 2 QBs in 2020 (Max and maybe Del Rio?)

Really good points. We also were getting scored on as well and you cannot blame that on Malik.
Well, our O averaged 3.6 third down conversions a game, which put our D back on the field. We were 129 out of 130 teams in this area. Now, we get that number up I'd bet our D gives up fewer points and yards. So while Rosier wasn't the cause of all of our D's problems, he sure as heck was the reason they were on the field so much.

I'm not ruling out Rosier improving, a little. I just don't know if a little will get us the results we want. It's going to take major improvement for him to make the plays needed to have the O running the way it should. I don't think he has it in him.

Advertisement
2018 - Malik replaced by Kosi, Kosi replaced by Jarren, Weldon jumps Kosi, we sign Underwood

2019 - Malik gone , Kosi Transfers, Jarren 1, Weldon 2, Underwood 3, 2 QBs in 2020 (Max and maybe Del Rio?)
Hurts transfers to UM sits out 18 season has 2 years left. Thoughts on this thinking.

Agreed. Rosier for sure starts, and he should start. I do think whoever is behind him will get some meaningful snaps on a fairly regular basis. Richt isn't dumb. He knows there's a ceiling with Rosier and he's likely already reached it. He'll get the #2 ramped up and give him a chance to show he can be the guy.

Advertisement
Well, our O averaged 3.6 third down conversions a game, which put our D back on the field. We were 129 out of 130 teams in this area. Now, we get that number up I'd bet our D gives up fewer points and yards. So while Rosier wasn't the cause of all of our D's problems, he sure as heck was the reason they were on the field so much.

I'm not ruling out Rosier improving, a little. I just don't know if a little will get us the results we want. It's going to take major improvement for him to make the plays needed to have the O running the way it should. I don't think he has it in him.

Yeah I mean we had the #1 rushing attack in the country and our OL was fantastic.

Lol

Advertisement
Back