Out the Huddle is reporting that Dallas Crawford is back as support staff

Like where you’re getting at but I would say no to Cato and bring on Spencer Whipple if he doesn’t have another job. He was the QB/Passing game coordinator for UMass that I believe was a top 40 offense 2 years straight with him in that position. Bring him in and you got a Miami guy that Enos can develop even more as a QB coach with coordinator potential and more.

Spencer's dad is the new Pitt OC.
I'm guessing he will be at Pitt in some capacity.
Was he really a Miami guy?
I think he was at 2 other schools besides UM.

Advertisement
Spencer's dad is the new Pitt OC.
I'm guessing he will be at Pitt in some capacity.
Was he really a Miami guy?
I think he was at 2 other schools besides UM.
Just one...transferred here from Pitt.

Advertisement
People don’t get hired through Twitter. Hoops has a point. If he was that interested in coaching he’d probably be coaching right now

Try paying attention before you jump in with a comment that has nothing to do with my response.

My response was to REED's interest. Nothing about the staff. The original reply TO ME was that HE is not interested. He's interested.

Try paying attention before you jump in with a comment that has nothing to do with my response.

My response was to REED's interest. Nothing about the staff. The original reply TO ME was that HE is not interested. He's interested.

You act like a little bltch when anyone disagrees with your takes. Calm the fūck down.

My post was very much on point, which is if Reed was that interested in coaching, I’d need to see a little more than one tweet to be convinced. That is, I’d like to see a little more coaching than one solitary year as some sort of an intern.

Last edited:
I like what we're doing with the support staff.
We are picking up football people in Stroud and Dallas.
I think we were somewhat lacking in that dept with what appeared to
be kids with little football background.
I also think we need to ramp our recruiting staff, have it ramped up
in response to increasing importance of new portal
landscape plus foreign talent scouting which is becoming a new thing in
recruiting, and which this school should be strong in.

Advertisement
My two best memories of Dallas Crawford are of course the great game he had as a running back, in a game we were supposed to win easily, but had to come back to win. I know he had over 100 yards rushing and it was a big deal because it was UNC‘s Zero Dark 30 night.

The second good memory I have of him is also in North Carolina, this time against Duke in the miracle kick off return for a touchdown that won the game. He threw an absolutely perfect pass across the field, actually it was a perfect backwards lateral pass probably about 20 yards, but it was pinpoint and it allowed the final runback for a TD. Look at the replay sometime.

One of the unsung True Canes. Like Patchan, Homer, Sam Shields, etc. Did what was asked of them to the best of their abilities. No matter what.
Crawford drove so hard with his legs (Homer), I was so proud of him against UNC.

So good to see him here. Very similar to DVD being here. Just feels good to have them around. This is what #canesfam is.

Advertisement
Always loved the way the kid worked, kept his head down and did what was best for the team great leader and student of the game. Played all over the field in his career. Also, now has an idea of how a school like Georgia recruits so well. Only helps this staff that much more.

1548226453151.gif

You realize he was getting a start there because his former coach (Coley) gave him a shot ?

Yes, I'm fully aware and in no way faulting Crawford for doing what's good for him. Doesn't mean I have to like him being associated with UGA at the time. You guys are reading way too much into my comment. I like the fact that he's coming back to Miami in a support staff role.

Advertisement
Spending more money. We are suppose to hire someone else too for the DL as an assistant or analyst. I think I seen it say he has been at Toledo.
Do you mean Todd Stroud from Akron? He was hired yesterday if so.

He never should have been moved to safety.. He was a decent RB and good STs player and he got forced into playing safety due to massive recruiting falls.

Dallas played a bit of Safety in high school as well. It was the other way around...He was originally a Safety but we had RB problems, so we put him in at RB until depth came back, and moved him back to safety and he stunk it up.

Advertisement
Back