Our WRs are going to be awful in 2015

Waters is legit. So is Coley and Berrios. Competition in the off-season will give us a #1. Scott coming back is a big deal. He can do big things. I like Terrell Chatman alot too. Hope we hang onto him.

Advertisement
We need to recruit better. Golden needs to go out there and close on a kid like Calvin Ridley or Deon Cain or some other difference maker who can come in and help out right away.

This has to be one of the dumbest posts I've ever read. How many of you were down on Dorsett and Walford before this year.

Coley Waters Berrios and Scott as our top 4. Yall stupid many teams would kill to have a receiving core that good.

I personally predicted Dorsett would lead us in receiving. I've always liked Walford.

Coley stinks I'm sorry.

Coley is faster than Hurns and Hankerson but he isn't a better WR. Not even close. Not even worth debating.

Coley is more talented than both, of course he's not a better WR then them yet, only a fake Cane fan like you would even think that a sophomore should be better than two WRs currently playing in the NFL?

Was Allen Hurns a legit NFL WR that was better than Stacy Coley his freshman, sophomore, or even Junior year at Miami? I know this board is nothing but ppl that exaggerate and basically make up everything just to make a troll point but this is pathetic.

So you're sold on Coley? Is that what you're telling me?

Advertisement
But but but but this board claimed that Herb Waters was better than Dorsett, so I don't see the big deal?

That's one thing we can safely predict: Miami will be AWFUL, period. They've been awful since the mid-2000's . Don't see that changing anytime soon.

Advertisement
Until proven otherwise, everybody coming back next year is a number 2 WR at best.

A whole lot of potential but very little production among them.

Not sure if it was anyone on this site so this is a general statement..but anyone whi was on the "coley is gonna be the greatest miami receiver ever" train this past offseason please go kill yourself

Coley is faster than Hurns and Hankerson but he isn't a better WR. Not even close. Not even worth debating.

Coley is more talented than both, of course he's not a better WR then them yet, only a fake Cane fan like you would even think that a sophomore should be better than two WRs currently playing in the NFL?

Was Allen Hurns a legit NFL WR that was better than Stacy Coley his freshman, sophomore, or even Junior year at Miami? I know this board is nothing but ppl that exaggerate and basically make up everything just to make a troll point but this is pathetic.

So you're sold on Coley? Is that what you're telling me?

Coley has done WAY more than what Dorsett, Hurns, or Hankerson had done at the same points in their Careers. People were ready to write Hankerson off after his Soph year too.

Roukilla - you continue to bring Coley down and prop Dorsett up. You say Coley only had some big moments against bad teams - but 6 of Dorsett's 7 TD's and over half his yards this year came against Ark St., FAMU, and Cincinnati. Your logic is completely flawed.

Here's their stats against Louisville, Duke, Nebraska, VT, FSU:

Dorsett - 12 - 267 - 1TD
Coley - 12 - 80 - 0TD

It isn't like Dorsett's been stepping up in our big games. Maybe if they let Coley run something other than a bubble screen, or Kayaa can hit him when they do, Coley's stats would be better.

Advertisement
Coley had energy and desire against Florida State. He was open several times on plays that the TV coverage didn't capture. That's easily the aspect that TV misses the most...what is happening in the secondary.

If Kaaya had been ultra sharp with Coley in that game, we'd be viewing it as a resurrection of Coley's season and the doubts about him would decrease.

In general I'm not worried about Canes wide receivers. I prefer trends to nitpicking specific players. Big picture tends to dominate trivia. We always have athletes there and they produce.

Coley figures to bounce upward next year, regardless if he does nothing the remainder of this season. That's an easy forecast, like projecting Reshad Jones to improve for the Dolphins this season. Once they have shown something, it wasn't a total mirage.

Lewis is the sad case. He had special ability early as a freshman. I thought he had regained most of the quickness and burst last spring, but it didn't display at all this season.

Waters is a clever player who endures long stretches without being able to show it, for whatever reason. Once he's called upon more, I'm confident he'll deliver.

Berrios looks the part but has been somewhat disappointing so far. I'm not sure he's a perfect fit for what we like to do. Maybe James Coley will adjust next season. Keep in mind Berrios was coming off a very recent serious injury. One year further removed should help.

Advertisement
Back