Our WRs are going to be awful in 2015

rok

Great Poster
Coley - has caught one deep ball in his time here. One. Does nothing well.

Lewis - has no acceleration. Gets tackled short of the first down marker routinely.

Waters - can't seem to put it together

Berrios - can get open. cannot catch the ball.

Scott - which shoulder will he injure next?

Jones - has done nothing here.

Brady - M.I.A since the FAMU game

Langham - big, probably slow.

Advertisement
Ugh.

First, we have a **** good QB returning which will make ANY receiver group look better than it is.

And I'll take Coley (despite this off year, I saw what he can do IN COLLEGE so it's not just a "talent" speculation deal), Waters, Berrios, Lewis, and Scott all day. All day.

On paper they're a good, deep group. But from a production standpoint, how am I wrong?

We need help here.

Lewis - has no acceleration. Gets tackled short of the first down marker routinely.

You could say that for pretty much every position. Golden just can't get the difference-makers you need to be relevant.

Advertisement
Maybe. A lot of it hinges on Coley. We need him to stretch the field since we lose Dorsett. He needs to hit the weight room, get a new attitude and show up in the fall ready to kick some ***. I think Berrios will be fine. Lewis sucks, there's nothing special about the guy. Waters I think will be real good, he just needs a chance. Next year the coaches have to play him. Depth clearly will be an issue. If Waters or Coley goes down we're in trouble. Hopefully one of the really young guys will emerge.

Not a single playmaker among the group.

Ermon Lane is a ****** as he would have been our #1 guy next year.

Coley makes me long for the days of Lance Leggett.

On paper they're a good, deep group. But from a production standpoint, how am I wrong?

We need help here.

I know your trolling but people said the samething this year with Hurns leaving and Dorsett being injured with no production last year... Now he's going to be ALL ACC this year.. Waters, Coley, Scott, Lewis have played alot of football here in 3 years they will be fine.. Coley and Waters will have good seasons next year watch...

Advertisement
To me it's moreso, **** that, it is, the inability of this staff to develop and scheme. No doubt about it! We lack 3 critical components:
1. Ability to identify and close on key recruits
2. Inability to develop guys to their full potential
3. Capacity to scheme prior and during games

WRs will be fine, Kaaya just has to get them the ball

The only receivers that will be gone are Dorsett and Walford, everyone else will continue to improve and develop.

I hope Rashawn Scott can come back and have a healthy season next year, he could have a special season as a redshirt Senior.

Stacy Coley is a beast
Rashawn Scott is talented if healthy
Herb Waters is talented
Malcolm Lewis will be a lot better with another year behind that ankle injury
Braxton Berrios will be better and has a lot of talent
young guys like 6'5 Langham and Tyre Brady

and i'm sure Kaaya will be more comfortable and further alone in his development with a strong off season to get in tune with these guys as well

/ honestly is this a serious thread?

Go slam your crank in the door and give it a break for a while... Geez...

Advertisement
Advertisement
Rok I'm with you on being tired of anointing some of our receivers studs without any constant production... But the jury is still out on Coley. He broke freshman records and was our biggest weapon when Duke went down. This year has been an absolute mess but we'll see just how competitive he is. If he goes into the off season not fired up about improving then maybe the character concerns we heard about him coming in were true. I'm not writing him off yet, I saw too much explosion from him in 2013. He's the wild card

Last edited:
Not a single playmaker among the group.

Ermon Lane is a ****** as he would have been our #1 guy next year.

Coley makes me long for the days of Lance Leggett.

What makes Ermon Lane even close to a #1?

The group of receivers we have coming back

Don't get me wrong, I'm on the fence with Coley because of the chasm between what he did as a frosh versus this year. But I still don't see that Lane has done much of anything at this level to be considered better than any of our top 2 or 3 guys. Not saying he won't or can't be, but IDGAF about recruiting rankings and hype. He hasn't done **** yet compared to Coley, Waters, and **** maybe even Berrios (not sure how they stack up this year).

Stacy Coley is a beast?

hahahahahahahahaha

Is this something that gets debated on this board or something? smh

Stacy Coley has already proven he's a beast his freshman year. So what you think that was an accident and he never was this highly recruited talent that Jimbo and every FSU fan I know was ****ed off about losing to Miami?

Obviously you just enjoy living life as a troll because I know you have heard of a sophomore slump because that phrase was created for a reason. That reason being that it is fairly common for star cfb players to go through an unexplained drop off in their production during their sophomore years.

And before you try to comeback with some bull**** about Stacy having enough time to come out of that slump, how about you think deeper about the fact that our offense over the last few games have been heavily focused on the run game and hasnt been opened up at all for WRs to be able to put up big numbers.

I guess if you were a Clemson fan, there would be past posts all over their sites about how Sammy Watkins isnt special because he struggled his sophomore year.

Last edited:

we will be good probably better, these guys have barely gotten an oppurtunity to catch the ball, you know these guys will step up

Advertisement
Back