Our oline is not that bad as we think it is.

Skill position players are born with the ability.olinemen are built into olinemen a good oline coach is worth his weight in gold.

Advertisement
oline is horrible. stop it.
No one is saying it’s an elite oline, but when I see stuff like a coach not incorporating misdirections , motions in the offense that is completely necessary to be a high level offense in today’s age then that’s a big problem for me personally. Defenses are able to predict what the offense will do because we are just lining up and not trying to deceive them allowing them to allocate all of their defenders in those short yardage situations instead of drawing some of that attention elsewhere which would clear up some running room. Offense is basically playing with a hand behind its back in today’s age of football with a stale offensive coordinator

Last edited:
The biggest problem with our OLine was very clearly the fact that this offensive staff is a bunch of idiots and doesn't know who the **** to start. It isn't ******* hard to evaluate the problem when your guards literally are the worst ******* guards in the ACC, and you refused to make any changes until it was too ******* late.

Donaldson is a Guard. He needs to never play tackle again. Scaife should be our starting LT next season (no hope in landing Neal). Jahair Jones and Hayden Mahoney are straight ******* garbage. I hope to god these idiot coaches don't try to start Mahoney next season. I want our OLine to be:

LT: Scaife > Herbert
LG: Reed > Boulware > Dykstra
C: Gaynor > Mahoney
RG: Donaldson > Boulware > Dykstra
RT: Campbell > Hillery

Everyone not listed needs to get the **** off this team (Milo, Brown Jr, Tre Johnson, **** maybe Dykstra too ****).

We need a grad transfer OT bad though. Ideally we land a guy we can just plug and play at OT (not sure if we'd want to leave Scaife at RT or move him to LT sooner than later).

The biggest issue that the offense faces is a lack of accountability. They do not execute at any of the offensive positions and yet these players continue to play. Missed blocks, dropped passes, fumbles, bad QB reads. Plus we run an outdated offense that does not take advantage of the talent here is S FL. It’s completely Richt’s and solely Richt’s fault.

I think the seed for this was planted when Richt hired his son 3 years ago. Look what happened to FSU when Bowden did the same thing. Went from champs to chumps.....

Last edited:
The biggest issue that the offense faces is a lack of accountability. They do not execute at any of the offensive positions and yet these players continue to play. Missed blocks, door passes, fumbles, bad QB reads. Plus we run an outdated offense that does not take advantage of the talent here is S FL. It’s completely Richt’s and solely Richt’s fault.

I think the seed for this was planted when Richt hired his son 3 years ago. Look what happened to FSU when Bowden did the same thing. Went from champs to chumps.....

I will never ever ever ever get it, so here's my RANT.

My last day in high school with football career over due to ankle dislocation nerve / ligament damage to this very day. I saw kids running through the halls throwing papers in the air shaving cream over everything as I walk by the forgotten football hero (hero to zero) wondering don't these people knowing the FREE LUNCH is over , watching all my teammates Chcickillo and Jamie Boone going to the U and the other spreading out around the country.

I walked into the house and my mother said "NOW WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO" knowing all my scholarship offers are ALL GONE and the real world is a train heading right for me direct hit of reality.

With all these tears described above.....

This o-line having (4) years free school,free food,free training facilities the list is long with what ever they need.

HOW IS IT POSSIBLE TO NOT BEING THE BEST DAM LINE , THE BEST DAM PLAYER?

I assure you any of this if any of these o-line dudes were me, with the drive I already had it training to get it FREE RIDE for FOUR years it would MAYHEM in becoming the strongest baddest BEAST NFL bound knowing there would NOT be a room or game I wasn't the BEAST of domination.

How could anyone stop a 775 pound squat , 800 dead lift , 220 pound bar dips for reps 4.75 40 time at 275 LBS back in the late 70's.

HARD **** WORK 24-7.

WHY THESE GUYS AREN'T TAKING ADVANTAGE OF ALL THAT'S BEEN GIVEN TO THEM IS A TRAVESTY.... These guys are big and have the frame to increase muscle mass and the POWER to go with it.

My mindset of work cannot accept how these guys aren't all BEASTS TO FEAR but they are being BEATEN in the PITS.....OMG what I wouldn't do to fire out with 35" quads 23" pythons I ASSURE YOU.....the QB'S WOULD BE CALLING......42 TRAP ALL DAY LONG.

O-LINE TEARS JUST GETS TO ME...

any way THANK YOU ALL for this RANT of an old war horse who misses this game every single day BROTHERS.

Now back to your regular programing

Advertisement
From a very high-level perspective to keep this short, the tackles were pretty good overall. Not great, but certainly not awful.

The guards were pretty brutal all year. Especially LG. That revolving door was never solved.

And Gauthier was a disappointment as a senior center.

All in all, the pieces around them did not help them AT ALL. The shuffling in and out (coaching), the QB play (players), and the scheme (coaching) all failed them tremendously. But if you guys think the OL was the root of the problem for this offense, you're wrong. It's QB play & scheme as 1 and 1A, and OL play as #2. A good play-caller goes 11-1 with this same exact team. Literally. Replace Mark Richt this past January with Kendal Briles, and this team goes 11-1. Furthermore, if N'Kosi Perry started every game this season, this team is probably 10-2, even with Richt being as clueless as he was.

I hope you aren't counting LSU as a loss. Better play calling would've won us that game too.

Advertisement
Not trying to mess up your rant here but if you were running 4.75 40yd at 275 pounds that probably has more to do with your parents than your work ethic. And I might say the same about those squat numbers. To expect five people on one team to have those numbers when five people in an entire NFL combine might not have those numbers is pretty unreasonable.

I started squats with a 45 pound bar and (2) 25 pound plates one each send with people laughing at me why so lite in junior high school at 175 lbs body weight I increased 5 pounds (a 21/2 pound plate each side) when I could do it for 3 set of eight reps not only building up my base muscle groups to support the increase poundage to come but my mind to be able to have the confidence of the increase so body and mind are in tune as I added poundage.

If I couldn't do these reps I would penalize myself and drop to a lower weight (even 21/2 penalty) on the bar to reestablish strength in mind and muscle groups then go up again. I did this for years , I was doing bench squats with 600 pounds for reps.meaning I would unrack and sit on a special bench relax my body then explode up to standing position so my explosion upward was decisive as to work my quads and lower back for unmatched three point stance firing out.

By my freshmen year at Southwest high I was doing this for reps , many times I was held out of practice so the O can run plays in practice.

Many time Chick and I would laugh out loud as we put on hand in the dirt to fire out ...LMAO

See the everyday layman don't understand what it takes to be like no other to dominate , it takes pain an agony beyond regular everyday athletes mind.

People reading this say no way no way , well that's fine , that's why people like us are watched on TV and sign autographs.

TRAIN LIKE NO OTHER SO YOU CAN BE LIKE NO OTHER.....WAS MY MINDSET.

Yeah I’m such a terrible poster
E66F277F-B577-44BE-9B86-2A94590C4200_zpsbopo9yfp.jpg

Advertisement
If your offensive line can't move people off the ball for 1 yard in a short situation you're trash I don't give a ****. It's ridiculous to be forced to go spread on the 1 freaking yard line.
This has been something I’ve debated with @LuCane over - specifically, at the goal line.

Generally speaking, i fall on your side of the argument - that if the OL can’t line up (mostly against inferior opponents on our schedule), and get you a yard or 2, they are garbage. Lu and others have called for more creative play calling at the goal line. I believe the correct answer is somewhere in the middle.

As Brock correctly stated in the OP, the play calling does the OL no favors. I’ve been saying that all year long. Asking slow footed tackles to hold up on 5 step drops is a recipe for disaster. But this is an issue that arises moreso between the 20s than at the goalline.

We were actually better this year at picking up 4th and 1 - the most comparible thing to goalline, albeit without the threat of leaving a JT4- type player single covered out wide that arises between the 20s. But Richt got predictable with the fullback dive, and it succeeded much less frequently as the year went on.

I also agree with Brock that our OL isn’t as bad as advertised. Next year we should have one of the top OL units in the ACC. Unfortunately, I have no hope they will look any better if Richt is still calling the plays.

Last edited:
Who’s of this agreement with me?

When people say we don’t run a qb friendly or receiver friendly offense to maximize their talent that same notion definitely applies to the oline IMO. How many times did richts predictable non creative offense exploit their weaknesses in obvious situations? You are a coordinator you are supposed to scheme and work around their faults. The constant 3rd and 1 same plays, draws up the middle, all verticals, lack of motion in the offense to make the defense account for a side of the field and unclog some of that in the middle by taking them out of that in the play. Bottom line put them in a position to succeed... This isn’t a post to defend Searels because I defintiely Think he needs to go regardless but just been thinking about the success we have had recently when we have spread the defense out. Miami finished the season #23 in the country in yards per rush with 5.19 a rush. Roman alluded to it on twitter the other day too. It’s deeper beyond a talent issue, this scheme was the biggest detriment of the season rather than their play imo but we all knew that hopefully richt understands this

This is why in today’s age of football the system is very important, you all think a team like ucf or Memphis has a better oline in terms of talent than Miami? No but the system they run helps erase any edge Miami has in talent compared to those two teams and thus the difference in performance.

Now on to next year we lose Tyree(he was terrible early on this year but has settled down recently) and gaultheir(he’s been terrible all year). We do get back scaife who looks pretty good now especially lately, Donaldson has made some impactful blocks specifically in the run game the last few games he just need to be more consistent, boulware imo has been good when he’s played this year although he hasn’t been playing as much as he was in that stretch earlier on in the season.

I think The oline might be solid next year
Lt Scaife(will he move over there?), george Brown
Lg Boulware/Cleveland reed
C Gaynor
Rg Donaldson , hillery
Rt Campbell, Herbert(will he take the next step?
Oline development is obviously at a different pace than other positions. Should see a leap in guys game like Herbert and hillery which will be great for us especially if Herbert can take the right tackle spot. I like Campbell’s ability a lot there too.

Brock..I couldn't agree more with this!!

I made similar post in regards to this same fact pointing out how different our defense played from one year to the next and now they have risen to the #1 DF in the Nation!! Doritos's defense was not suited for the talent we had on the team and some thought it was the players that were the problem until Manny installed a more attacking defense that fit the recruits we had on the team already!

It really bothers me that some can't think logically taking in account of past patterns of either success and failures to draw a conclusion to a problem! We changed the way the defense was run and with the same guys that other big time programs wanted and that some thought were a bust, the following year now performed at their projected potential. Some wrote off Chad Thomas, Kendrick Norton and R.J. McIntosh when they had to play in Doritos's defensive scheme!! We dummies on here were saying for years that they weren't suited in a defensive scheme of dancing and engaging with the Offensive linemen before attacking the QB!

Now we are in another similar situation with our offense! Everyone was chasing these same OLn from colleges around the country!! With an unimaginative offensive scheme these guy are not living up to their potential!! I refuse to believe we just happen to miss on the great ones that got away!! We have good OLn now on this team but they are not put in situations that maximizes their potential!!

It's coaching and scheme that is holding the offense back! I fault Searles as well if he is not man enough to step to the HC with constructive criticism if he knows that a different offensive scheme would help his position group to succeed!! Scared men become yes men and a complacence in helping to tanking the team when they know another idea would work!! This goes for Thomas Brown, the WR coach as well! None are real men if they are afraid of voicing their opinion and only parroting what Richt is saying!

This is another reason Richt won't change a thing since change will only highlight how deficient his offensive scheming was!! It would be very embarrassing!!

Last edited:
Since I think they are the worst OL I’ve ever seen here, you could be right

Advertisement
Wrong. You should want to go to the spread in short yardage. Being “forced” to would be a good thing. But nobody is forcing Richt, because on short yardage he lines up in heavy in the I and runs Gray into the A gap.

Regardless, take a lap.

So let me summarize, being "forced" to run formations when it is not your offensive philosophy, you have not properly trained your players to execute, and they are not physically or mentally capable of accomplishing is a good thing? This must be that new age ish that McVay is running for real. Tell me more about this....

Hey you guys remember Alex Decubas all state wrestler from Palmetto and from the ESPN 60 the ex drug lord now wrestling coach down south here. Well I wrestled him in junior high when I was at Glades junior high , the DUDE was an
I get all of that and kudos to your work ethic. But … genetically you had to have had a predisposition to that kind of work; everybody can’t do it - or won’t be able to.

And … as I mentioned in the other post, that’s NFL first round measurables and there are some elite OL who can’t get close to those weight room numbers. Now add in some Tony Mandarich-types who absolutely suck when they actually play against real competition.

Technique trumps weight room numbers and 40.

Very true on technique , great point :)

No one is saying it’s an elite oline, but when I see stuff like a coach not incorporating misdirections , motions in the offense that is completely necessary to be a high level offense in today’s age then that’s a big problem for me personally. Defenses are able to predict what the offense will do because we are just lining up and not trying to deceive them allowing them to allocate all of their defenders in those short yardage situations instead of drawing some of that attention elsewhere which would clear up some running room. Offense is basically playing with a hand behind its back in today’s age of football with a stale offensive coordinator

lmao no one is asking for the reincarnation of Nate Newton just some basic level physicality to challenge the man in front of you. All these 4 stars and the coaching is incompetent and the execution/effort is unacceptable. I heard on this board that Gauthier was a future Mr. Olympia and he garbage. St. Louis is weak. Donaldson all of a sudden has a learning disability. Lmao at elite, how about just have a freaking pulse? Git git gone with that BS....

There was nothing wrong with the FSU DL this year, and yeah they gave us fits, but a lot of that was Perry too, he missed WR all over the field for 3 quarters and looked like a deer in headlights when he did get pressured. ...Unless you meant just overall and on the scoreboard? Well that was all special teams, FSU had 200 yards of offense.
That “a lot of it had to do with Perry” is straight trash. He did miss two throws one was really bad to Harley in the sideline, other than that he was money. There were several drops again but he was spectacular in the second half of that game. Richt is terrible at getting quarterbacks in a rhythm.

Advertisement
Back