Our oline is not that bad as we think it is.

That “a lot of it had to do with Perry” is straight trash. He did miss two throws one was really bad to Harley in the sideline, other than that he was money. There were several drops again but he was spectacular in the second half of that game. Richt is terrible at getting quarterbacks in a rhythm.

Wow...spectacular????? I missed spectacular. Obv nice throw to Jordan though

Advertisement
Wow...spectacular????? I missed spectacular. Obv nice throw to Jordan though
Back shoulder to Thomas for a TD, scrambled out of pressure and hit Thomas for 15 on the sideline, the laser over the linebacker to Thomas which was the only spot he could’ve put it then followed that up by dropping one in the bread basket to Jordan for the go ahead touchdown. I’m sure you also forgot the slant to Cager on the last drive where he would’ve walked into the endzone but Perry hit him in the wrong spot in his hands. That would’ve been 5 TDs in one half. That’s almost more than we scored total in our 5 game losing streak. You know the streak where Rosier played a majority of 3 of those games. Yes he was spectacular

This has been something I’ve debated with @LuCane over - specifically, at the goal line.

Generally speaking, i fall on your side of the argument - that if the OL can’t line up (mostly against inferior opponents on our schedule), and get you a yard or 2, they are garbage. Lu and others have called for more creative play calling at the goal line. I believe the correct answer is somewhere in the middle.

As Brock correctly stated in the OP, the play calling does the OL no favors. I’ve been saying that all year long. Asking slow footed tackles to hold up on 5 step drops is a recipe for disaster. But this is an issue that arises moreso between the 20s than at the goalline.

We were actually better this year at picking up 4th and 1 - the most comparible thing to goalline, albeit without the threat of leaving a JT4- type player single covered out wide that arises between the 20s. But Richt got predictable with the fullback dive, and it succeeded much less frequently as the year went on.

I also agree with Brock that our OL isn’t as bad as advertised. Next year we should have one of the top OL units in the ACC. Unfortunately, I have no hope they will look any better if Richt is still calling the plays.

Who the he!! do you think your FOOLING with that crap about Miami being one of the TOP FIVE offensive lines in the conference next season!! Well, who do you think your fooling? Because it's surely not moi. dUh.

Right. You're pandering to the CMR mob and Mr. NAIVE Cane dude. But do carry on.

Back shoulder to Thomas for a TD, scrambled out of pressure and hit Thomas for 15 on the sideline, the laser over the linebacker to Thomas which was the only spot he could’ve put it then followed that up by dropping one in the bread basket to Jordan for the go ahead touchdown. I’m sure you also forgot the slant to Cager on the last drive where he would’ve walked into the endzone but Perry hit him in the wrong spot in his hands. That would’ve been 5 TDs in one half. That’s almost more than we scored total in our 5 game losing streak. You know the streak where Rosier played a majority of 3 of those games. Yes he was spectacular

Nah it’s called compitent. Offense is easy when you repeatedly get the ball inside the other team’s 15. And one of those td were in the first half.

Advertisement
Richt and Stacy's offensive line is so bad, that probably only Donaldson will be on a NFL roster. And no NOT a practice player. Heck, even the Golden Boy had several offensive linemen which went on to the NFL. Heck, didn't THREE future NFL roster players surround the " no hips, skinny as a bean pole Kaaya his freshmen season. Even the BLOCKING tight end from that team went to the NFL. Go figure.

Nah it’s called compitent. Offense is easy when you repeatedly get the ball inside the other team’s 15. And one of those td were in the first half.
Your right I’m not compitent, I’m competent. And your right except the fact the first scoring drive was 83 yards and the last was 76 yards. Give it a rest bro you don’t quite understand football.

Richt and Stacy's offensive line is so bad, that probably only Donaldson will be on a NFL roster. And no NOT a practice player. Heck, even the Golden Boy had several offensive linemen which went on to the NFL. Heck, didn't THREE future NFL roster players surround the " no hips, skinny as a bean pole Kaaya his freshmen season. Even the BLOCKING tight end from that team went to the NFL. Go figure.
I don’t really follow draft rankings and such but I saw a mock where St Louis was in the 3rd/4th rd range. Yes the oline is not very good, but Richts offense exposes the reality at that position with his prehistoric offense. His I’m going to line up and smash you in the mouth doesn’t work on any level. Even Bama who has the best oline every single year runs a spread RPO offense. Richt is soo bad I don’t think people quite understand just how bad of a coach he is.

Your right I’m not compitent, I’m competent. And your right except the fact the first scoring drive was 83 yards and the last was 76 yards. Give it a rest bro you don’t quite understand football.

How about the other two drives...And the rest of the year? Sure there's some promise there, obv more talent than Rosier who can miss you in a 10 yard game of catch.

But let's chill with the word "spectacular". "Your" exaggerating. He did pick the right time to play his best 1.5 quarters of the season though.

And I pay bills with the game...You can't tell me ****.

Advertisement
How about the other two drives...And the rest of the year? Sure there's some promise there, obv more talent than Rosier who can miss you in a 10 yard game of catch.

But let's chill with the word "spectacular". He did pick the right time to play his best 1.5 quarters of the season though.
Sure they had two short TD drives but the TD to Thomas was an elite pitch and catch. I’m not saying he was spectacular all year, but the second half against FSU was as impressive as we’ve seen from tat position in a long time.

Now if he gets a real OC that can utilize his strengths I think he can be really good.

Sure they had two short TD drives but the TD to Thomas was an elite pitch and catch. I’m not saying he was spectacular all year, but the second half against FSU was as impressive as we’ve seen from tat position in a long time.

Now if he gets a real OC that can utilize his strengths I think he can be really good.

I hope so, but I don't know if he's going to make it that far...And also I really worry about the mental aspect of the game with him. There is obviously SOME (I think his biggest supporters are exaggerating things a tiny bit) throwing talent there.

I hope so, but I don't know if he's going to make it that far...And also I really worry about the mental aspect of the game with him. There is obviously SOME (I think his biggest supporters are exaggerating things a tiny bit) throwing talent there.

Advertisement
Didn’t read the rest of the thread so apologies but our issues stemmed with the fact that we didn’t have a true LT. That spun everything out of kilter. St Louis who would be a serviceable RT was pushed to LT and Donaldson who has no business being a T was forced there and then we were starting people that shouldn’t play at Miami at G. If we find a true LT, our situation while in no way shape or form great, will improve immensely

Doesn’t have the bend to play tackle and isn’t consistent enough. Needs to work on his technique a lot this offseason work on mental errors on the field. I think That applies to all of the line. Also getting him down to in the 325 range will be good for him as well

I think he could play tackle if, ya, he lost weight. Dude is long and massive

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back