Our oline is not that bad as we think it is.

30BAB840-882B-4E32-9D9E-4F3F46D1E946.jpeg

Advertisement
They couldn't pass protect & have struggled for 3 years with that, partly because we don't call quick passing plays getting the ball out of the QB's hands faster.

And I literally said the Offensive scheme makes more difficult on the OL. The whole point of my comment was that they're bad because they aren't put in a position to be any good & they're not being developed under Seashells. Read.
No you read, we are arguing the same thing then. Richts “scheme” and the things I’ve outlined in the first post makes them look worse is largely my whole point

I've always said it through out the season. You put our Oline to go down hill and stop with the zone blocking scheme we would be worlds better. That stupid draw play we always do isn't working when the Oline has to think whether it's gonna be a run or a pass. When you got the Oline thinking too much they lose their point of attack or the snap count Advantage. Let's the Oline eat and change the **** scheme.

Here's the issue when wanting to give any benefit of the doubt to the o-line/Searles- outside of us and Clemson, the ACC was total **** in defense. The quality of opponent the o-line saw this year was a joke and we still have to stretch to very uncomfortable lengths to find potential improvement/hope.

In total defense I believe we ranked #2 and Clemson #4 and then you have to go all the way to the 50s and 60s just to find the next ACC team.

For me,

1. scheme completely trumps QB play and everything else.
2. Predictable play calling does your QB no favors.
3. OL Play. Yup, more important … know there are many who disagree.
4. QB PLAY.

And that’s why I completely disagree with you that Perry was worth 3 extra wins. I don’t see Perry being that much better than Rosier. And I do see QBs about their level who were put in better positions to be successful through multiple formations, motions, wildcats, etc.

But, for a play here or there, ‘18 offense looked a lot like ‘17. A few breaks here or there, even with Malik the whole way, could have yielded 3 more wins. Can Perry make throws Malik can’t make? Yup. It’s not even close. But where the **** is he throwing it the other 49% of the time?

All that said, to show you how much better Miami is than all but one team on Miami’s schedule, (Even though I mentioned scheme as the primary inhibitor and play calling as secondary), Miami could’ve still been 11-1 - even with Richt calling plays and not changing his scheme.

I wouldn't say, in black and white, Kosi is worth 3 more wins than Malik. He wasn't great this year by any means.

But I'm not sure if you played or not, but if not you have to understand what musical QBs does to a team. I won't get too much into it, but those first team reps, being a leader, playing through mistakes, not looking over your shoulder...all of those things are invaluable for a young QB. It's really, really difficult to be a first year player and be a backup, then be a starter, then get yanked, then get 2nd team reps, then go cold into games, etc. So I wasn't saying that Kosi is simply that much better. But the stability of having 1 guy who, let's be honest, is infinitely more physically talented, makes a gigantic difference. Bottom line, the QB situation was handled this season literally as poorly as it could have possibly been handled. That was a HUGE factor in the performance of the offense, and of course the season.

Advertisement
Nice temperature but a reverse sear would bring all that nice redness to the edges of the steak.

If you're buying your meat from the trunk of a car at the Shell station in Miami Gardens you have to be very careful with reverse searing.

Advertisement
Nice temperature but a reverse sear would bring all that nice redness to the edges of the steak.

I hear all about this reverse Sear. One day I am going to try it. My current method is salt the steak(lots of salt like I am breading it) and let it sit over night in the fridge(sometime I will add pepper or some Montreal steak rub) let the grill heat up for like 15 minutes till it is scalding hot. Throw the steak on 2 min each side. Eat. lol. I am not much of a chef.

If your offensive line can't move people off the ball for 1 yard in a short situation you're trash I don't give a ****. It's ridiculous to be forced to go spread on the 1 freaking yard line.

If your offensive line can't move people off the ball for 1 yard in a short situation you're trash I don't give a ****. It's ridiculous to be forced to go spread on the 1 freaking yard line.

LMAO the hilarious thing is this really sounds like it was written by Mark Richt.

It’s 2019, friend. Running out of spread on short yardage has a much higher success rate than lining up in heavy with 3 TEs (which Miami literally doesn’t even have, but that’s another discussion) and pounding the ball into a 9 man box.

Research the game. I’d suggest googling a guy named “Warren Sharp”. Read everything he’s put out. Very forward thinking and analytical. The days of Bill Parcells are dead. Adapt or die. Spoiler alert: we’re dying

LMAO the hilarious thing is this really sounds like it was written by Mark Richt.

It’s 2019, friend. Running out of spread on short yardage has a much higher success rate than lining up in heavy with 3 TEs (which Miami literally doesn’t even have, but that’s another discussion) and pounding the ball into a 9 man box.

Research the game. I’d suggest googling a guy named “Warren Sharp”. Read everything he’s put out. Very forward thinking and analytical. The days of Bill Parcells are dead. Adapt or die. Spoiler alert: we’re dying

QFT

This is why Rick needs to go. The game has passed him by.

Advertisement
Strength: Scaife, Reed, Gaynor, Donaldson, Campbell

Finesse: Brown, Boulware, Mahoney, Hillery, Herbert

You must be illiterate. The key word in my statement was forced. Our play calls on the goal line are largely dictated by our trash o-line. Not the ideal situation.

Advertisement
You must be illiterate. The key word in my statement was forced. Our play calls on the goal line are largely dictated by our trash o-line. Not the ideal situation.

Wrong. You should want to go to the spread in short yardage. Being “forced” to would be a good thing. But nobody is forcing Richt, because on short yardage he lines up in heavy in the I and runs Gray into the A gap.

Regardless, take a lap.

Why are we still talking about the oline.it wasn't very good in 2016 and in 2017 showed itself against Pitt and Clemson and in the losing streak this year.I understand the qb play didn't help either.but anybody who knows football it takes 2-3 years to develop a decent oline and that's with a couple decent holdovers from the previous regime.but in our case we really didn't have anybody decent back in 2016.sad fact is we haven't made oline recruiting a priority like we have with other positions and that is why we are at where we are today.

Advertisement
Back