Our next coach should have FIRE like this guy

Golden was 7-0 in 2013 when Duke, Bush, and Dorsett got injured. how many times has leach won 9 games? i want a coach that will be winning 10 plus games and in BCS every year.

Leach has won 9 games 5 times. With left overs. Left overs. Who in the coastal could stop a Leach offense on D? Maybe FSU but with our talent it would be extremely hard for them to keep up. Leach would destroy everybody in the ACC.

And defensively we will be fine. With Leach's system he can use it to turn crap teams into winners, but defensively you have to have talent to play good defense. Alabama, us in our prime, etc, all the great defensive teams always have talent to go with it. I rarely if ever can think of anyone taking scheme and applying it to scrubs and making them good on defense.

If you want to turn an NFL factory into a arena league team idk what to say.

I want to put the NFL factory talent in one of the most explosive college football offenses.

Too many people treat UM like an NFL training program instead of a college football team. While everybody evolved and in the college game we are stuck 15 years in the past trying to run a 4-3 and pro-style and getting just waxed by teams that are running modern playbooks.

Look at how the 49ers were running the pistol and having success. Look at how New Orleans has adopted the spread and have been shredding people with spread concepts. Look at New England and how someway.... they are getting some little Leach receiver (Welker / Amendola) in the slot becoming Brady's favorite target.

All we will ever be is some 3 year "I'll just hang around and eat free food till I can go to the draft" school until we actually put in systems that can compete. NFL teams don't take Miami players because they know a pro system... they take them because they are the most talented athletes. They take them because of the way Canes play. Every team players go to they will be learning new terminology and concepts. We're the only team dumb enough to think we can win with dated systems that don't take advantage of the talent we have.

While other teams go out there and get less talented guys...and kick our *** with them because their systems actually know how to get the most out of the people on their roster.

Advertisement
Proven winner of what

TT was a doormat...he made them a winner. WSU was dirt...he will make them a winner. In fact, Leach has better wins at WSU than Folden's fat *** has at UM.

Actually you are wrong.

TTech was a similar program under Spike Dykes as it was under Leach. Leach was able to soften the OOC schedule so they started 4-0 every year. IN the Big 12:

Dykes: .59375 winning percentage
Leach: .5875 winning percentage

Leach is an okay/solid coach but not a world beater and not someone who is going to dominate here. He is much better then Golden but there are also many better candidates out there.

Leach was .661 at Texas Tech.

for comparison Butch was .718 at Miami
and Butch was .549 at North Carolina.

Conference record is a more accurate description of his record. He intentionally stacked his OOC with absolute nobodies, look it up.

Mike Leach is whatever. Miami better not hire any coach who just needs "X or Y coordinator" to be good. Those guys suck.

Golden was 7-0 in 2013 when Duke, Bush, and Dorsett got injured. how many times has leach won 9 games? i want a coach that will be winning 10 plus games and in BCS every year.

Leach has won 9 games 5 times. With left overs. Left overs. Who in the coastal could stop a Leach offense on D? Maybe FSU but with our talent it would be extremely hard for them to keep up. Leach would destroy everybody in the ACC.

And defensively we will be fine. With Leach's system he can use it to turn crap teams into winners, but defensively you have to have talent to play good defense. Alabama, us in our prime, etc, all the great defensive teams always have talent to go with it. I rarely if ever can think of anyone taking scheme and applying it to scrubs and making them good on defense.

If you want to turn an NFL factory into a arena league team idk what to say.

I want to put the NFL factory talent in one of the most explosive college football offenses.

Too many people treat UM like an NFL training program instead of a college football team. While everybody evolved and in the college game we are stuck 15 years in the past trying to run a 4-3 and pro-style and getting just waxed by teams that are running modern playbooks.

Look at how the 49ers were running the pistol and having success. Look at how New Orleans has adopted the spread and have been shredding people with spread concepts. Look at New England and how someway.... they are getting some little Leach receiver (Welker / Amendola) in the slot becoming Brady's favorite target.

All we will ever be is some 3 year "I'll just hang around and eat free food till I can go to the draft" school until we actually put in systems that can compete. NFL teams don't take Miami players because they know a pro system... they take them because they are the most talented athletes. They take them because of the way Canes play. Every team players go to they will be learning new terminology and concepts. We're the only team dumb enough to think we can win with dated systems that don't take advantage of the talent we have.

While other teams go out there and get less talented guys...and kick our *** with them because their systems actually know how to get the most out of the people on their roster.

I get all those points, but Mike Leach is not the guy.

I read a quote from him once basically saying if he had the talent to run the ball, like he'd have at UM, he would do it. Just like JJ changed his approach when he came to Miami due to the talent he had available to him, so would Leach. It would be worth a shot, in my opinion. I do believe the skill position players in south Florida would line up to play for him at UM.
I can see it now.....

If fans are this upset about Golden and D'Onofrio being stubborn about their 3-4 defense with 2 gap concepts, just imagine how upset they would get about a coach who REFUSES to run the ball and doesn't care about defense. All those stud SoFla running backs that made Miami great would continue jolting elsewhere. And defense? You would need to hire a DC at the same price as Leach b/c he'll need to be like a 2nd head coach, and even then, i doubt he stays and continues to work with a guy who doesn't care about anything but his own agenda.

Advertisement
Not defending Mike Leach (I don't want him coaching here), but he is at Pullman, Washington (ie..Wazzu). (Has anyone ever visited there?)

Trying to recruit there vs. anywhere else in the pac-12 much less the rest of the country. He's lucky to field a 44 man roster.

Advertisement
Not defending Mike Leach (I don't want him coaching here), but he is at Pullman, Washington (ie..Wazzu). (Has anyone ever visited there?)

Trying to recruit there vs. anywhere else in the pac-12 much less the rest of the country. He's lucky to field a 44 man roster.
Must be easier to recruit at Portland State. Forget the 8 to 10 win seasons Erickson and Price put up regularly at Washington State.

Must be easier to recruit at Portland State. Forget the 8 to 10 win seasons Erickson and Price put up regularly at Washington State.

The Mike Leach myth always had the component that he was such an outside the box innovative guru that he could not only score 70 pts per game anywhere but also win too. It was always "Can you imagine if a big time program just had the cojones to give him a shot?" All of that has obviously been proven wrong.

Yeah, forgot about Erickson and Price. I'm getting old. :black_eyed: I stand corrected.

No idea on Portland State. I just know Leach never had an above average Defense outside of maybe one or two years at TT and then still couldn't win a title.

Advertisement
Back