Our next coach should have FIRE like this guy

If you think you had a problem with Goldens defense you'll be in for a bad suprise with Leach.

At Miami, Leach would have access to real talent. Also, Leach, or any Smart Coach, would not keep a DC around that could not field a quality Defense........or be required to slow the game down to make it "appear" that the defense is improved.

Leach is a gimmick that has run it's course.

Agreed....no time for this

Advertisement
If you think you had a problem with Goldens defense you'll be in for a bad suprise with Leach.

At Miami, Leach would have access to real talent. Also, Leach, or any Smart Coach, would not keep a DC around that could not field a quality Defense........or be required to slow the game down to make it "appear" that the defense is improved.
Leach would never keep a DC around who couldn't stop the other team? He's been a HC for about 15 years and has never stopped anyone. Does he fire his DC every year?

Proven winner of what

TT was a doormat...he made them a winner. WSU was dirt...he will make them a winner. In fact, Leach has better wins at WSU than Folden's fat *** has at UM.

You do realize he was ******* AVERAGE at Texas Tech. Unless your idea of a winner is an average record of 8-4. He has ONE season in which he won more than 9 games..in his 9th year there they went 11-2, next year back to his average. He is in his 4th year at Washington State and has yet to have a .500 record, regressed last year to 3-9.
Having a mike leach blow up doll for yourself is one thing bro, but he's not UM material.

Advertisement
Swag for days.

Mike_Leach_Holiday_Card.jpg

Nah, Leach just needs talent to field an acceptable D. It's not like he was ever coaching in Texas or anything. Mmmmkay. He's a "guru" that never accomplished anything aside from creating a false image of himself to the occasional fanbase looking for a new corch that'll "open things up". The dude belongs corching games at 1am on ESPN3 that he loses 72-66.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Here's the pitch for Leach.

- He takes crap teams and makes them good. He did it at Texas Tech.
He beat Texas, and Oklahoma, and Texas A&M with the left overs at the school.

- Imagine what he could do with our talent. Finding somebody who knows what to do with our talent is most of our problem. Talent has never been our problem. So if this guy knows how to get the most out of scrubs....imagine what he could get out of great players.

- A Mike Leach receiver has started in the last 5 Superbowls

- A Washington State Leach beat USC (Kiffin), Arizona (RichRod) Washington (Sarkisian) with crap talent. WITH CRAP TALENT!!!!!!

- The guy has been to 11 bowl games out of 13 years with those crap teams.

- His academics are good so the administration will be happy.

- Shalala passed on him... FOR GOLDEN!!! ALL THE MORE REASON TO GO GET HIM. If we want to be a success we must do the opposite of Shalala.

- Defensively we can get Leavitt. We can get a defensive coach. That's not hard to do. Leach finds a way to get losers to win. We are a winning program that is acting like a loser, and he's the kind of guy who will snap us out of it.

I can see it now.....

If fans are this upset about Golden and D'Onofrio being stubborn about their 3-4 defense with 2 gap concepts, just imagine how upset they would get about a coach who REFUSES to run the ball and doesn't care about defense. All those stud SoFla running backs that made Miami great would continue jolting elsewhere. And defense? You would need to hire a DC at the same price as Leach b/c he'll need to be like a 2nd head coach, and even then, i doubt he stays and continues to work with a guy who doesn't care about anything but his own agenda.

I can see it now.....

If fans are this upset about Golden and D'Onofrio being stubborn about their 3-4 defense with 2 gap concepts, just imagine how upset they would get about a coach who REFUSES to run the ball and doesn't care about defense. All those stud SoFla running backs that made Miami great would continue jolting elsewhere. And defense? You would need to hire a DC at the same price as Leach b/c he'll need to be like a 2nd head coach, and even then, i doubt he stays and continues to work with a guy who doesn't care about anything but his own agenda.

exactly. this guy has no interest in defense.

I can see it now.....

Leach doesn't refuse to run. The offense is designed around allowing the QB to check to the run.

Advertisement
Golden was 7-0 in 2013 when Duke, Bush, and Dorsett got injured. how many times has leach won 9 games? i want a coach that will be winning 10 plus games and in BCS every year.

Golden was 7-0 in 2013 when Duke, Bush, and Dorsett got injured. how many times has leach won 9 games? i want a coach that will be winning 10 plus games and in BCS every year.

Leach has won 9 games 5 times. With left overs. Left overs. Who in the coastal could stop a Leach offense on D? Maybe FSU but with our talent it would be extremely hard for them to keep up. Leach would destroy everybody in the ACC.

And defensively we will be fine. With Leach's system he can use it to turn crap teams into winners, but defensively you have to have talent to play good defense. Alabama, us in our prime, etc, all the great defensive teams always have talent to go with it. I rarely if ever can think of anyone taking scheme and applying it to scrubs and making them good on defense.

I can see it now.....

Leach doesn't refuse to run. The offense is designed around allowing the QB to check to the run.

Haha....that's funny. He refuses to run. There's no other explanation for a team running 1,014 plays on the year and only rushing 243 times for 478 yards while passing 771 for 5,732. Oh, and did i mention that only 175 rushes were true carries? So 175 vs 771. When your defense isn't good and gets tired, or your QB continues to take a pounding, you run the ball to take some pressure off. Leach doesn't. That in my book is being stubborn and refusing to.

Advertisement
Proven winner of what

TT was a doormat...he made them a winner. WSU was dirt...he will make them a winner. In fact, Leach has better wins at WSU than Folden's fat *** has at UM.

Actually you are wrong.

TTech was a similar program under Spike Dykes as it was under Leach. Leach was able to soften the OOC schedule so they started 4-0 every year. IN the Big 12:

Dykes: .59375 winning percentage
Leach: .5875 winning percentage

Leach is an okay/solid coach but not a world beater and not someone who is going to dominate here. He is much better then Golden but there are also many better candidates out there.

Proven winner of what

Actually you are wrong.

TTech was a similar program under Spike Dykes as it was under Leach. Leach was able to soften the OOC schedule so they started 4-0 every year. IN the Big 12:

Dykes: .59375 winning percentage
Leach: .5875 winning percentage

Leach is an okay/solid coach but not a world beater and not someone who is going to dominate here. He is much better then Golden but there are also many better candidates out there.

Leach was .661 at Texas Tech.

for comparison Butch was .718 at Miami
and Butch was .549 at North Carolina.

Leach has won 9 games 5 times. With left overs. Left overs. Who in the coastal could stop a Leach offense on D? Maybe FSU but with our talent it would be extremely hard for them to keep up. Leach would destroy everybody in the ACC.

And defensively we will be fine. With Leach's system he can use it to turn crap teams into winners, but defensively you have to have talent to play good defense. Alabama, us in our prime, etc, all the great defensive teams always have talent to go with it. I rarely if ever can think of anyone taking scheme and applying it to scrubs and making them good on defense.

If you want to turn an NFL factory into a arena league team idk what to say.

Advertisement
Back