Our Culture (entire program)

I completely agree but we are not getting in the end zone because we refuse to throw the ball inside the 10 yard line. Teams know this. The culture should be score anywhere at anytime in any we we have to do it.
I agree. That's what I've posted several times. There's many ways to score at the goaline other than rushing the ball.

I don't get their obsession with trying to run it in at the goaline. Yes, you should be able to do thst even when the defense knows it's coming, but we're not there and I wish they'd stop being so predictable.

If the come out and throw on 1st and goal, teams would have to stop loading the box. They're just daring us to throw it, and we should.

Advertisement
I agree. That's what I've posted several times. There's many ways to score at the goaline other than rushing the ball.

I don't get their obsession with trying to run it in at the goaline. Yes, you should be able to do thst even when the defense knows it's coming, but we're not there and I wish they'd stop being so predictable.

If the come out and throw on 1st and goal, teams would have to stop loading the box. They're just daring us to throw it, and we should.
You can run it too. We just don’t do it from any favorable or creative formation. I know it’s a bad comparison bc look At the plays the chiefs run in the rz and look at ours. Even the tebow jump pass was creative and took the defense off guard

If only we had a staff that could attract offensive talent like theirs did.

Well, in fairness it’s not really hard when it’s YOUR players, & ur star QB happens to be friends w/ a star WR on another team.

Did u want Mario to bring Brown w/ him to QB this team?
It’s a shame that in all his years at Oregon, the best quarterback he could attract was Anthony Brown.

Advertisement
Cristobals coaching and recruiting right now
5Bes.gif

Not sure how anyone could argue this program doesn’t have a cultural problem. Perhaps, it’s how you define culture and we’re arguing semantics.

You understand, using Mark Richt as example doesn’t support your argument but rather defeats it, right?
I can spell it out for you if you want me to, but I really don’t want to make this post that long, by going through GAs record, Richts declining health, subsequent declining record, Miami’s abysmal record, and then Miami’s first 10 win season in 15 years etc.
But I can expand on that in another post if you want me to.

As to Manny, let’s get the facts straight first.
Richt didn’t PICK Manny as his successor.
Richt suddenly stepped down due to illness and Manny was subsequently PROMOTED by this incompetent administration and Blake James within days without interviewing other candidates. He was a terrible coach and should never have been hired.

After 20 years of watching this crap I don’t know for certain what the **** is wrong with this program but I do know when an organization is failing for two decades, while going through 6 different CEOs, dozens of executives, and 100s of managers, and still can’t get employees to show up or perform simple day to day tasks… YOU HAVE A CULTURAL ISSUE, which has likely been cultivated over years. You can go to any government agency and see evidence of this yourself.

Ultimately, it’s up to the CEO and this administration to fix it. And they have not done it, 20 years of mediocrity falls squarely at their feet.

But you are not going to convince me that all our player over that last 20 years are underachievers, didn’t live up to their projected talent, all their coaches were no good. And we are just a few good coordinator’s away from not losing to FIU, Middle Tennessee and being shut out from Louisiana Tech.

There is something majorly wrong with this program for 20 years. I don’t know how else to explain it, I can only define it as a cultural problem at this point.
Thank you for expanding on my point.

This team went from gritty and grimy to manicured and pretty.
From dudes getting choked out and getting jumped for not working out to taking pictures with nice cars and clothes and making fun of hard workers.

Amazing that players at the university of Miami we’re making fun of other players for putting in extra work in and out of the building.
It’s something that players have tried to keep under wraps and have let out with cryptic answers during press conferences.
“Not gonna get into that”
“Some things that went on that I don’t want to speak on”
“I can only speak for myself”
That is horrendous. Any player who mocks another for extra work should be dismissed from the team, immediately.

Advertisement
Didn’t Malik Rozier do a podcast with DMoney and he basically said that the 2017 team was tired of losing? They came in during the 2014 year and the team was divided into cliques.

By the time they got their shot to lead they were over it and ready to go out and win. The team had a singular mindset and it reflected in them being a double digit win season.

Does that not speak to a good team culture? How is it that there seemingly is nothing left from the influence of that team?

Didn’t Malik Rozier do a podcast with DMoney and he basically said that the 2017 team was tired of losing? They came in during the 2014 year and the team was divided into cliques.

By the time they got their shot to lead they were over it and ready to go out and win. The team had a singular mindset and it reflected in them being a double digit win season.

Does that not speak to a good team culture? How is it that there seemingly is nothing left from the influence of that team?
Two years later you had players dancing on the sideline during a humiliating loss to FIU.

Forget culture teach these kids something about football and situational awareness.

This is a possible big return if this kid just stays on his feet. We're such idiots.

Edit: this was also going to be PI on Ivey if not for the interception. I

Ivey sees the WR coming back for the ball and still doesn't try to locate the ball.

Fire the DB Coach today!

Advertisement
USC hired an offensive genius also. Well sorry but we didn’t. So yeah they may be a little ahead of us. Plus different programs, different problems.
lol if we had Caleb we would be undefeated as well. even with our sorry db's and lbs

Forget culture teach these kids something about football and situational awareness.

This is a possible big return if this kid just stays on his feet. We're such idiots.

Edit: this was also going to be PI on Ivey if not for the interception. I

Ivey sees the WR coming back for the ball and still doesn't try to locate the ball.

Fire the DB Coach today!

no matter who is our coach is..**** we even brough ed reed to coach and these kids still cant get it right... aint the coaches.. but idk why we play these losers still

In 2006 we ended Cokers era, Butch Davis was hired by NC...what if?????

By the way, we hired Randy Shannon, our second bad move as Coker was the first.

Advertisement
The NIL has made things worse.... easy money kills discipline and desire.
Most of these kids know that they aren't going to play at the next level.... so they're just enjoying the extra NIL money, having a good time. Winning takes too much sacrifice and work.

The NIL has made things worse.... easy money kills discipline and desire.
Most of these kids know that they aren't going to play at the next level.... so they're just enjoying the extra NIL money, having a good time. Winning takes too much sacrifice and work.
Every other big time school has a bag/NIL game that eclipses Miami's yet they're doing fine. It. Is. The. Coaches. It starts and ends with the coaches.

Nobody mentioned a thing about culture during the first 2 wins, even if they were against lower level, sub-par teams. **** it wasn't really mentioned in the off-season when TVD was a Heisman candidate/1st Rd talent and Miami was seen as an ACC contender. Get outcoached and embarrassed by a ****** G5 team and all of a sudden "tHe CuLtUrE iS rOtTeN tO ThE cOrE BrO!!'

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back