Our Culture (entire program)

Advertisement
In 2006 we ended Cokers era, Butch Davis was hired by NC...what if?????

By the way, we hired Randy Shannon, our second bad move as Coker was the first.
UM had absolutely no interest in Butch circa 2006 (even though one poster on here said they did) that's simply false. If they showed interest, Butch would have, without any doubt came back.

USC was able to solve their “culture” problem really quickly. They’ve been bad almost as long as we have been. They’re 6-0.
I think SC turned over 50ish players on roster and brought in a stud QB
Big difference
We still have Ivey and Flagg and others on this roster v cutting bait

I think SC turned over 50ish players on roster and brought in a stud QB
Big difference
We still have Ivey and Flagg and others on this roster v cutting bait
They brought in 26 transfers. We brought in 14

Advertisement
Ed isn't coaching the DBs at all....he's not stepping on Addae's toes...The DB coaching I've seen so far is underwhelming.
From my vantage point you seem like you are pretty close to the situation (moreso than many on here)
My question is why wouldn’t Addae use the resource that is Ed freaking Reed? And especially as you have noted, that the coaching in that area being underwhelming. Not to mention the recruiting thus far.

I imagine Reed would probably jump at the chance to be more involved, no?

From my vantage point you seem like you are pretty close to the situation (moreso than many on here)
My question is why wouldn’t Addae use the resource that is Ed freaking Reed? And especially as you have noted, that the coaching in that area being underwhelming. Not to mention the recruiting thus far.

I imagine Reed would probably jump at the chance to be more involved, no?
There's plenty of people on here who are well versed aside from me. @Cribby @gogeta4 @Coach Macho all are very studious. I've known Ed since 1997...my cousin was his position coach for 4 out of his 5yrs at UM. Personally, I feel Ed won't step on any toes unless asked. I'd be extremely surprised if Addae hasn't used an incredible resource as Ed (and Rumph to a lesser degree) already. I've been harping about Addae since the 2nd game. Not only has his recruiting been suspect, but his coaching has been as well. I realize we don't 5* after 5* in DBs....but our DB play the past 5 games have been mediocre at best.

Btw, for those who think culture is this fake news word, I highly recommend u watch The documentary “The Redeem Team” on Netflix & u’ll see how a team full of NBA super stars & current/future HOFers got mopped on the b-ball court by less talented teams for 2 str8 yrs. Fascinating doc.

Advertisement
Btw, for those who think culture is this fake news word, I highly recommend u watch The documentary “The Redeem Team” on Netflix & u’ll see how a team full of NBA super stars & current/future HOFers got mopped on the b-ball court by less talented teams for 2 str8 yrs. Fascinating doc.
That’s the best sports culture doc I’ve ever seen

Advertisement
Back