Our coaching staff is simply not good enough right now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Seems like age old problem,Recruits and players make the coach or the other way around.Myself for the most part
players make the coach;case in point Dennis Ericksen.Man wins national championship and still cannot hold onto
job.

Schnellenberger sure as siht wasn't successful because his players made him successful. Schnelly started with a fairly poor program and built it up to the NC. JJ did alright - combining really good players with a really good coaching staff. Ericksen did really good with JJ's players.

Butch went into the hole on the player end, but picked out and coached the greatest college team in history.

A really good coach will acquire really good players. Winning makes obtaining your desired players one **** of a lot easier.

But if you don't win, you embarrass yourself and your team with great frequency, you won't get the talent you want.

'14 will be a mirror image of Radio's 2010 season, except Golden will not be fired.

Shannon vs. Golden

recruiting: Golden. Shannon had way too many holes in key positions although Golden has glaring holes as well.

game day coaching: lol. neither. they just wear headphones pacing the sidelines.

motivation: Shannon. don't remember Miami getting blown out as frequently under Shannon.

staff management: Shannon. Golden has hired, kept, and defended Dorito. enough said.

media *** kissing, hashtag and excuse making: Golden.

Advertisement
Average coaches don't get Temple to be a 9 win team. They just don't. By my calculations he's above average.

They do when those wins are against Buffalo, Eastern Michigan, Ball State, Army, Toledo, Navy, Miami of Ohio, Akron, and Kent State.

Something temple coaches prior to and after Golden haven't been able to accomplish. Just sayin

Steve Addazio did and he even won a bowl game the year after Golden left.

Date Time Opponent Site TV Result Attendance
September 3 7:00 PM #14 (FCS) Villanova* Lincoln Financial Field • Philadelphia, PA (Mayor's Cup) ESPN3 W 42–7 32,368
September 10 6:00 PM at Akron InfoCision Stadium – Summa Field • Akron, OH ESPN3 W 41–3 15,156
September 17 12:00 PM Penn State* Lincoln Financial Field • Philadelphia, PA ESPN L 10–14 57,323
September 24 12:30 PM at Maryland* Byrd Stadium • College Park, MD ACC Network W 38–7 39,102
October 1 12:00 PM Toledo Lincoln Financial Field • Philadelphia, PA ESPN3 L 13–36 21,705
October 8 2:00 PM at Ball State Scheumann Stadium • Muncie, IN W 42–0 11,874
October 15 1:00 PM Buffalodagger Lincoln Financial Field • Philadelphia, PA W 34–0 25,820[2]
October 22 3:30 PM at Bowling Green Doyt Perry Stadium • Bowling Green, OH ESPN3 L 10–13 12,056[3]
November 2 8:00 PM at Ohio Peden Stadium • Athens, OH ESPN2 L 31–35 17,490[4]
November 9 8:00 PM Miami (OH) Lincoln Financial Field • Philadelphia, PA ESPN2 W 24–21 17,050
November 19 1:00 PM Army* Lincoln Financial Field • Philadelphia, PA ESPN3 W 42–14 25,516
November 25 12:00 PM Kent State Lincoln Financial Field • Philadelphia, PA W 34–16 16,368
December 17 2:00 PM vs. Wyoming* University Stadium • Albuquerque, NM (New Mexico Bowl) ESPN W 37–15 25,762
*Non-conference game. daggerHomecoming. #Rankings from Coaches Poll released prior to game. All times are in Eastern Time.

After that year, Temple left the cozy MAC (to their sorrow) to rejoing the BigEast. They didn't fair so well, but that's not surprising (neither did Golden until his team went to the MAC) considering the upgrade in competition.

Date Time Opponent Site TV Result Attendance
August 31 7:00 PM Villanova* Lincoln Financial Field • Philadelphia, PA (Mayor's Cup) ESPN3 W 41–10 32,709
September 8 12:00 PM Maryland* Lincoln Financial Field • Philadelphia, PA ESPNU L 27–36 23,322
September 22 3:30 PM at Penn State* Beaver Stadium • University Park, PA ABC L 13–24 93,680
October 6 12:00 PM South Florida Lincoln Financial Field • Philadelphia, PA Big East Network W 37–28 25,796
October 13 1:00 PM at Connecticut Rentschler Field • East Hartford, CT ESPN3 W 17–14 OT 37,279
October 20 12:00 PM #17 Rutgers Lincoln Financial Field • Philadelphia, PA Big East Network L 10–35 35,145
October 27 12:00 PM at Pittsburgh Heinz Field • Pittsburgh, PA Big East Network L 17–47 42,425
November 3 12:00 PM at #10 Louisville Papa John's Cardinal Stadium • Louisville, KY ABC L 17–45 44,609
November 10 12:00 PM Cincinnati Lincoln Financial Field • Philadelphia, PA Big East Network L 10–34 20,192
November 17 12:00 PM at Army* Michie Stadium • West Point, NY CBSSN W 63–32 27,019
November 23 11:00 AM Syracuse Lincoln Financial Field • Philadelphia, PA ESPN2 L 20–38 22,317
*Non-conference game. daggerHomecoming. #Rankings from Coaches Poll released prior to game. All times are in Eastern Time.

Of note, they had two common opponents each year. PSU and Army, both similar margins of victory in both cases and OOC games. They managed to win both against Army with two losses to PSU. Take out the MAC opponents, insert BigEast, and you've got a pretty crappy record.

I liken Addazio at taking over at Temple after Golden to Coker taking over for Butch.

As for your Big East comment, Golden beat the Big East champs in UCONN.. Like I said, all signs are pointing to Golden to being an above average coach with the potential to being one of the best to ever lace them up.

The honest truth is that I doubt anyone posting here knows enough about the staff, what they do and how they operate to make the judgements being made. We were a disaster, and not just for one year. We had been in a downward spiral for years and that takes more than a couple of years to fix. If this staff is as good as I think they are, you will see positive signs this year and we should truly blossom next year.

The honest truth is that I doubt anyone posting here knows enough about the staff, what they do and how they operate to make the judgements being made. We were a disaster, and not just for one year. We had been in a downward spiral for years and that takes more than a couple of years to fix. If this staff is as good as I think they are, you will see positive signs this year and we should truly blossom next year.

Didn't you post this exact post right around the same time last year?

Shannon vs. Golden

recruiting: Golden. Shannon had way too many holes in key positions although Golden has glaring holes as well.

game day coaching: lol. neither. they just wear headphones pacing the sidelines.

motivation: Shannon. don't remember Miami getting blown out as frequently under Shannon.

staff management: Shannon. Golden has hired, kept, and defended Dorito. enough said.

media *** kissing, hashtag and excuse making: Golden.

222.jpg

Advertisement
Has the season started already?

Naw, we'd be biiching about how we got burned for 42 points and 640 yards by UL.

While I find some of your posts pretty funny it is posts like these that make me think some of you aren't real fans. This type of negativity does nothing for the conversation and literally ruins every thread. Half the people on this board probably aren't real fans and watch highlights of games on tv before coming here to troll everyone.

BUT if are as you claim to be my seats are in section 116 every season and I tailgate around east 32; always down to have some beers with real canes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back