Our coaching staff is simply not good enough right now

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've sucked for 10 years and will continue to suck until we hire a competent coach.

Simple as that.

What ****ing competent coach would want to be here? Worst fan base in the world. This is the last place I would want to coach at. The thing is, that most of the people in this board that complain probably don't even go to the games and support. So they are a double "cancer", they don't support and then they criticize in free public forums for the whole world to see what a ****ty fan base we have.

At least, for the most part, in other places, fans criticize because they are either alumni or season ticket holders, or at least go to a game or two a year. So you know things will improve. Here, some dude sitting in his mom's apartment, criticizes non stop and probably has never been to a game in his life. I got it, we suck, we can do better. Support the f'ing team and if they still suck, go find another team until things improve, that way while things potentially turn around, some of the negative energy can go away. It will do you a world of good as you won't have to put up with the bad times.

Um, it's not the sihtty fan base the world sees - it's the sihtty coaching and defense we have that the world (including many recruits) sees.

I guess recruits dont see 15,000 fans in the stands, and it was before we were beaten. I guess they don't turn on the radio and hear the constant criticism, and that was a few games after sanctions.

I am not defending the coaching, but as a fan I'm not stupid enough to realize that fans suck and that hurts recruiting as much as poor play.

Besides the point is the no Competent coach will want to come here, current coaching isn't going to affect that, but the Fanbase does. Out of the hot coaches last year, which one would've picked is over who they picked?

And please don't mention a coach that no one else wants to hire.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Every problem has a solution.

Not packing the stands? Constant criticism? The fans biiching? Recruiting being hurt? Poor play?

Get a hungry, proven, winning coach.

Win.

Stands get packed, no losing to criticize, nothing to biich about, recruiting booms, and naturally, play is GOOOOOOD.

Not packing the stands? Constant criticism? The fans biiching? Recruiting being hurt? Poor play?

Win.

Stands get packed, no losing to criticize, nothing to biich about, recruiting booms, and naturally, play is GOOOOOOD.

You must not have been around during the last 3 searches. Settled every time. You think this is a better job now than when we hired the last 3?

I have talked to a couple of national CFB writers. They have no way to predict our Canes in 2014. Both these guys would predict 8-9 wins, but could see 7 and also see 11. They both said they thought Miami was one year away from being in the top 10. Bottom line is there is no excuse for us not to be a legit top 20 team this year. Not finishing in the top 20 is more reason to doubt this staff. That's my measure for this year and next top 20/top 10 or bust.

Kehoe: long track record of mediocrity

Bryant McKinnie
Vernon Carey
Eric Winston
Chris Myers.

Advertisement

Win.

You must not have been around during the last 3 searches. Settled every time. You think this is a better job now than when we hired the last 3?

Tell me you're not suggesting that the last three coaches we hired were the best three available?

They didn't even take a look around the first two!

D'Onofrio: has produced two of the worst defenses ever at Miami

Franklin: Couldn't hack it at USC. Couldn't hack it in the NFL

:ibisroflmao:

Average coaches don't get Temple to be a 9 win team. They just don't. By my calculations he's above average.

Advertisement

Win.

Tell me you're not suggesting that the last three coaches we hired were the best three available?

They didn't even take a look around the first two!

Really? they didn't look around? ok. I disagree, but for arguments sake, who besides the ones we hired could we have gotten in your opinion? Leach interviewed. Tuberville? I remember Schiano (sp?) turning us down.

I remember when Howard, Jimmy, Butch were average though.

Howard was never average. Recruited Joe Willie, coached with The Bear, Rams, Colts, OC for Perfect Dolphins, NFL HC, then Miami HC. We got lucky with Butch because he was best ever recruiter, but we have had problems getting HCs since Dennis. We have been forced to settle since Dennis. Pay, facilities, sanctions, administration, fans, whatever the reason, the truth is we do not get our pick. Al seems misplaced here. His defense seems contrary to our DNA and his coaching tree sucks. This year will show if he has any ability to learn. Let's hope he can, because if anyone thinks Donna is going get a good coach to replace him, you have not been paying attention.

Advertisement
I have talked to a couple of national CFB writers. They have no way to predict our Canes in 2014. Both these guys would predict 8-9 wins, but could see 7 and also see 11. They both said they thought Miami was one year away from being in the top 10. Bottom line is there is no excuse for us not to be a legit top 20 team this year. Not finishing in the top 20 is more reason to doubt this staff. That's my measure for this year and next top 20/top 10 or bust.

I don't think 7, 8 or 9 wins gets us in the Top 20.

Advertisement
We have a grand total of zero coaches who have proven themselves to be anything more than average.

Let's have a look.

Golden: never had a 10 win season or won a bowl game

Coley: has never orchestrated a top offense or developed a QB

Brown: has never coached on this level

Carroll: has never sent a WR or TE to the NFL

Scott: decent track record

Kehoe: long track record of mediocrity

D'Onofrio: has produced two of the worst defenses ever at Miami

Franklin: Couldn't hack it at USC. Couldn't hack it in the NFL.

Barrow: has not proven himself to be an exceptional coach, recruiter

Williams: probably the one guy who has overachieved; but our defense can't stop anyone so what does it matter?

Losing Fisch and Richardson and McDonald to promotions is nobody's fault but nobody is knocking down the door for ANY of the current coaches. It's a big deterrent for recruits and it shows up on game days against good teams. Not to say that we can't be a pretty good team but right now I don't trust any of these guys.

Groundbreaking news right here.

I don't think 7, 8 or 9 wins gets us in the Top 20.

There were 2 teams with 9 wins in the top 20 last year.

AP Top 25
RK TEAM RECORD PTS
1 Florida State (60) 14-0 1500
2 Auburn 12-2 1428
3 Michigan State 13-1 1385
4 South Carolina 11-2 1247
5 Missouri 12-2 1236
6 Oklahoma 11-2 1205
7 Alabama 11-2 1114
8 Clemson 11-2 1078
9 Oregon 11-2 974
10 UCF 12-1 959