Our coaching staff is simply not good enough right now

Status
Not open for further replies.

rok

Great Poster
We have a grand total of zero coaches who have proven themselves to be anything more than average.

Let's have a look.

Golden: never had a 10 win season or won a bowl game

Coley: has never orchestrated a top offense or developed a QB

Brown: has never coached on this level

Carroll: has never sent a WR or TE to the NFL

Scott: decent track record

Kehoe: long track record of mediocrity

D'Onofrio: has produced two of the worst defenses ever at Miami

Franklin: Couldn't hack it at USC. Couldn't hack it in the NFL.

Barrow: has not proven himself to be an exceptional coach, recruiter

Williams: probably the one guy who has overachieved; but our defense can't stop anyone so what does it matter?

Losing Fisch and Richardson and McDonald to promotions is nobody's fault but nobody is knocking down the door for ANY of the current coaches. It's a big deterrent for recruits and it shows up on game days against good teams. Not to say that we can't be a pretty good team but right now I don't trust any of these guys.

Advertisement
258.gif

259.gif

Last edited:
Advertisement
We've sucked for 10 years and will continue to suck until we hire a competent coach.

Simple as that.

You should use the same criteria if you want to give credence to your opinion. I understand your questions about this staff though.to get quality assistants a head coach has to have stature. Assistants have to see that being on a staff is a positive career move. Coker,Shannon Had no stature and to add to the problem their being hired in the first place raised eyebrows.Golden on the other hand has stature. His accomplishment at Temple gave him that and he leveraged it with some good assistants.. If he had made coaching changes in January like many thought he would he had a good story to tell the better coaching prospects but loyalty trumped expediency. Like so many have said. We had better win this year. If not it's going to be hard to recruit attractive candidates.

Last edited:
Advertisement
You should use the same criteria if you want to give credence to your opinion. I understand your questions about this staff though.to get quality assistants a head coach has to have stature. Assistants have to see that being on a staff is a positive career move. Coker,Shannon Had no stature and to add to the problem their being hired in the first place raised eyebrows.golden on the other hand has stature. His accomplishment at Temple gave him that. If he had made coaching changes in January like many of thought he would he had a good story to tell the better prospects but loyalty trumped expediency. Like so many have said. We had better win this year. If not it's going to be hard to recruit attractive candidates.

Yeah, this year is very important. We've managed to land three consecutive classes which were strong, to quite strong. In order to take the next step this staff needs to prove it can win.

Advertisement
Kids want to go play for a school which they know will get them to the NFL. Take a look at the last couple NFL drafts and you can see why they want to go play in the SEC. Until this staff proves they can a) win the coastal division and b) put kids in the league - we're going to continue fighting an uphill battle.

Advertisement
troof hurts

[inserts opinion]

FIFY. The truth does hurt. But your opinion doesn't.

What's your win total prediction honey

[opinion] if Olsen's the starter, [another opinion] if Williams is.

see how this works?

You're a fool at irony aren't you? He said the truth hurts, then offered his opinion. Didn't make sense. I'm not claiming truth in any of my predictions. You caught up now?

I feel like this is a broken record thread, just presented differently.

Did I hear that Golden has stature, because of Temple? My oh my, his record there has been debunked yet some still cling to that as a reason for the hire and continued optimism. Is this just blind faith or what?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back