Our Canes are the only team in the ACC

Because we don't need one. Most of those other teams have to deal with sub freezing temperatures and, in some cases, snow for at least a portion of their season. Also, the day you give Miami an indoor practice facility is the day we lose our home field advantage for day game humidity and heat index. 2013 Miami vs. UF game is a perfect example of what happens when the other team isn't prepared for South Florida climate - and that was a team from GAINESVILLE mind you...

Like others said, it's about lost practice time to lightning strikes 10 miles away from campus. The rules have changed about lightning safety, and short of practising at 5am every morning to avoid the storms, it makes the most sense. Practice outside when they can, move it inside for lightning.

6a00d83476d35153ef0176161f4d8a970c-800wi

I wonder if they could do something like this, to raise it over the field, then lower it when not needed.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Lost practice time doesn't derail good coaching. It only really became a talking point since we've become so ******, and there isn't enough hours in the day to make up for bad coaching like we've had.

It would be nice but hardly a necessity IMO.

Lost practice time doesn't derail good coaching. It only really became a talking point since we've become so ******, and there isn't enough hours in the day to make up for bad coaching like we've had.

And lucky for us, Miami's had both bad coaching and lost practices.

Looks like they are tearing down a residence hall to make room for the IPF.
BC Athletics to Add Plans For Indoor Practice Facility - The Heights

BC has always been committed to their Football Program, I remember when they expanded their stadium in the 1994. They literally bribed the local residents (same socioeconomic level as Coral Gables) some got lifetime season tickets , they established neighborhood scholarship program for chestnut hill residents children to attend BC (the people are millionaires so that was tough to swallow) and they gave them preferential admissions for life.

Here is a older article about the initial BC \ Chestnut Hill neighborhood Association deal which was later amended.
The Heights 31 January 1994 — Boston College

I am thinking UM would have to do a similar deal in Coral Gables if they wanted a stadium on Campus. But as for Miami's future IPF I think will happen soon.

Go Canes

I went to a bc game last year.. I was shocked how nice the neighborhood was right next to the stadium.. There were tons of drunks ****ing on people lawns.. cant believe they could have convinced them to expand.. even with the perks.

Advertisement
Lost practice time doesn't derail good coaching. It only really became a talking point since we've become so ****ty, and there isn't enough hours in the day to make up for bad coaching like we've had.

Missing practice time when you are trying to install new schemes is not a good thing.. especially when every other team with an IPF now is guaranteed to have all practices.

In a world where every other program (who means anything) has one, people/recruits wonder why you're the only one who doesn't. Do we need it no? No. Should we have it? Yes.

Advertisement
people who are acting like its soft to have one are so dumb. losing practice time has nothing to do with toughness. stfu already.

Oh yeah.

That's why our SEALS instructors now only use heated pools for training.

That's why our Special Forces has a regulation that limit operations to a 40-hour week, and no more 120 pound packs in actual sunlight.

That's why our Rangers use treadmills in air conditioned centers to hone their hiking and climbing abilities, and only shoot paintball weapons.

GTFOH.

Because we don't need one. Most of those other teams have to deal with sub freezing temperatures and, in some cases, snow for at least a portion of their season. Also, the day you give Miami an indoor practice facility is the day we lose our home field advantage for day game humidity and heat index. 2013 Miami vs. UF game is a perfect example of what happens when the other team isn't prepared for South Florida climate - and that was a team from GAINESVILLE mind you...

Like others said, it's about lost practice time to lightning strikes 10 miles away from campus. The rules have changed about lightning safety, and short of practising at 5am every morning to avoid the storms, it makes the most sense. Practice outside when they can, move it inside for lightning.

6a00d83476d35153ef0176161f4d8a970c-800wi

I wonder if they could do something like this, to raise it over the field, then lower it when not needed.
LOL at this dude proposing the poor kid's Halloween ghost costume version of an IPF. Why not just hire some Jamaicans to build us a thatched roof tiki hut IPF?

Simps on here need to realize that UM can raise the money to build an IPF in about 5 hours whenever it chooses to do so.

The last HC voluntarily canceled entire weeks of practice because he felt we didn't need it. So this horseshyt about it suddenly being such a huge issue with lost practices is nonsense.

We should have one because, unfortunately, it's a bells and whistles world where you have to have everything that everyone else has. It's far from a need. It is a bells and whistles item to impress dopes though. So it's a good idea.

people who are acting like its soft to have one are so dumb. losing practice time has nothing to do with toughness. stfu already.

Oh yeah.

That's why our Special Forces has a regulation that limit operations to a 40-hour week, and no more 120 pound packs in actual sunlight.

That's why our Rangers use treadmills in air conditioned centers to hone their hiking and climbing abilities, and only shoot paintball weapons.

GTFOH.

Its to GAIN practice time. You can't practice in LIGHTNING storms. Which we know are prevalent in south florida. Now if its just the heat that ppl are scared of then yes I agree with you.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Build it where Greentree is. Put our artificial turf practice fields on the roof of the IPF. Innovative and functional. Make it happen. I got 5 on it.

Interesting, that could work. Given this is South Florida, I really don't think we need a full IPF.

Just build a canopy over the turf field

I can just see some freshman receiver running a route too long and bounding off the roof, ahhhhhhhhhhhhh splat.

Build it where Greentree is. Put our artificial turf practice fields on the roof of the IPF. Innovative and functional. Make it happen. I got 5 on it.

Interesting, that could work. Given this is South Florida, I really don't think we need a full IPF.

Just build a canopy over the turf field

I can just see some freshman receiver running a route too long and bounding off the roof, ahhhhhhhhhhhhh splat.

Obviously we would put an electric or barbed wire fence up around the roof to prevent this from happening.

Oh yeah.

GTFOH.

LMfao wow. Are you actually comparing Men who are going to war, handling guns, fighting criminals/terrorist to kids who play football?

The NCAA has regulations and limitations on where, when, how long and what weather you can practice in. Miami has to oblige to these rules. Boise St. and Michigan were sanction because they practiced too much or werent up to the NCAA standards. If there is lightning the practice will get cancel because they are students playing football. They arent men going to war
54530062.jpg
reach.gif

Advertisement
Back