Other Coaching Moves

Sark is not ****** around... For those that don’t know, Drew Hughes is one of the most well respected recruiting Directors in the country, he was one of the integral parts in helping Saban build Bama into the powerhouse they are now from within the Recruiting department. He’s was also at TAMU, UF, UCF, Tenn & was at South Carolina on Muschamp’s staff.

If you don’t know what he does, he’s essentially the equivalent of what Cooney does for us, but he’s widely regarded in the SEC as thee dude to have on your staff inside the recruiting department.

Sark is using that unlimited War chest that Texas has & is bringing in all the big guns, this is a big time hire for Texas.

Advertisement
Won’t be a problem, TRob not leaving
I hope so but I won't be surprised if they call him. There are connections especially with Muschamp being there.

I'm just curious: what type of protection could have Miami on this type of things? if it's a lateral move they have to buy him out or am I wrong?

Last edited:
Advertisement
I hope so but I won't be surprised if they call him. There are connections especially with Muschamp being here.

I'm just curious: what type of protection could have Miami on this type of things? if it's a lateral move they have to buy him out or am I wrong?

Muschamp would be the guy that gets elevated to an on the field role before they try and poach T-Rob.

I say that assuming he takes the UGA analyst position like the rumors point to

Muschamp would be the guy that gets elevated to an on the field role before they try and poach T-Rob.

I say that assuming he takes the UGA analyst position like the rumors point to
The rumor is that he wants an off field role (mainly because he doesn't want to recruit) while is evaluating his options during the year. I think he already refused some DC jobs elsewhere.

Advertisement

Hagen was at Texas last year it has a long time history at Purdue, TAMU & Indiana.

Is a good DL Coach that has produced some NFL players, during his first stint at Purdue he recruited, coached & developed Kawann Short, Ryan Kerrigan, Alex Magee, Anthony Spencer & others.

Sark is not ****** around... For those that don’t know, Drew Hughes is one of the most well respected recruiting Directors in the country, he was one of the integral parts in helping Saban build Bama into the powerhouse they are now from within the Recruiting department. He’s was also at TAMU, UF, UCF, Tenn & was at South Carolina on Muschamp’s staff.

If you don’t know what he does, he’s essentially the equivalent of what Cooney does for us, but he’s widely regarded in the SEC as thee dude to have on your staff inside the recruiting department.

Sark is using that unlimited War chest that Texas has & is bringing in all the big guns, this is a big time hire for Texas.

Drew is my dude, worked with him as well. He started this sh*t. Glad to see him get out of that SEC shuffle.

Mike is a Georgia native that started out coaching in HS down in GA, then got his first job ever in coaching when Richt hired him as a Grad assistant at UGA. He’s someone I mentioned in my DC candidates thread from 2 years ago.

Done a terrific job as Ravens LB’s coach for the last 7 years, happy to see him get a chance as a DC.

Advertisement
It's pathetic ADs trying to get some of that Alabama rub.

Nick Saban isn't walking through that door when you hire his RB Coach. Neither is the Alabama booster network or the protection afforded to Alabama by the NCAA.
Charles Huff is actually a good coach though.

He started out at Tenn State as a OL coach, then was at Maryland under Ralph Friedgen, then got hired by James Franklin at Vandy, then spent a season with the Buffalo Bills as a RB’s coach under Chan Gailey, then spent time at Western Michigan on PJ Fleck’s staff as RB’s coach, then reuinted with Jame Franklin at Penn State for 3 years, then was RB’s coach at Miss St under Joe Moorhead & finally spent the last 2 years at Bama.

He’s the #1 ranked recruiter in the nation & is highly respected in the coaching world as a smart upcoming coach who has paid his dues & earned his spot. He’s not just Bama’s RB’s coach, he earned his stripes during his time at PSU as a coach to look out for, in fact because of how well he did at PSU is exactly why Saban went & got him 4 years ago.

Idk if his tenure will work out at Marshall, but make no mistake about it, there are literally dozens of coaches who were way less qualified that have gotten HC jobs at programs before, I don’t think this was a bad hire at all for Marshall. He’s been a well known local Maryland guy from his days at Hampton U, he’s always recruited the area well & built up his reputation as a good coach at his numerous stops.

And it might bother people when I mention this but I will anyway, for Coach Huff as a young Black coach in the industry where guys like him get routinely overlooked for opportunities like this, it’s nice to see a guy with a legit resume get his chance to prove himself in the same way that guys like Sam Pittman at Arkansas, Ryan Silverfield at Memphis or Shawn Elliott at Georgia State got HC jobs without having prior HC experience either.

He started out at Tenn State as a OL coach, then was at Maryland under Ralph Friedgen, then got hired by James Franklin at Vandy, then spent a season with the Buffalo Bills as a RB’s coach under Chan Gailey, then spent time at Western Michigan on PJ Fleck’s staff as RB’s coach, then reuinted with Jame Franklin at Penn State for 3 years, then was RB’s coach at Miss St under Joe Moorhead & finally spent the last 2 years at Bama.

He’s the #1 ranked recruiter in the nation & is highly respected in the coaching world as a smart upcoming coach who has paid his dues & earned his spot. He’s not just Bama’s RB’s coach, he earned his stripes during his time at PSU as a coach to look out for, in fact because of how well he did at PSU is exactly why Saban went & got him 4 years ago.

Idk if his tenure will work out at Marshall, but make no mistake about it, there are literally dozens of coaches who were way less qualified that have gotten HC jobs at programs before, I don’t think this was a bad hire at all for Marshall. He’s been a well known local Maryland guy from his days at Hampton U, he’s always recruited the area well & built up his reputation as a good coach at his numerous stops.

And it might bother people when I mention this but I will anyway, for Coach Huff as a young Black coach in the industry where guys like him get routinely overlooked for opportunities like this, it’s nice to see a guy with a legit resume get his chance to prove himself in the same way that guys like Sam Pittman at Arkansas, Ryan Silverfield at Memphis or Shawn Elliott at Georgia State got HC jobs without having prior HC experience either.
Shouldn’t bother anyone 🙏🏼

Advertisement

Yeah man, this is actually a nice hire. He's a monster recruiter, especially of the DMV area. Doc Holliday was nice at Marshall, but...it was time for a change. They really wanted Leftwich supposedly, but he's an established NFL guy now that is getting pro HC inquiries. Huff should really boost recruiting and lets see if that pays off in more winz.

Advertisement
Back